First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L 302A 5.5 SB
Hey guys. I was driving with the rear window open one day and realized that I was hearing a rattle on accelerations. I listened a little more closely and realized that it was only happened at certain RPMs, and mainly around 3200ish RPM. It seems like a harmonic rattle or something - maybe somewhere down the exhaust line maybe? I also hear it under the hood (I think) with the windows closed now that I’m listening for it more closely. Has anyone experienced the same thing?
Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
I would double check its not the rear window doing the rattle, I've seen somewhere (cant remember where) that it can rattle sometimes when its open, if you notice it again close the rear window to see if that fixes it.

OP
OP
fxxkintallguy

fxxkintallguy

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
I would double check its not the rear window doing the rattle, I've seen somewhere (cant remember where) that it can rattle sometimes when its open, if you notice it again close the rear window to see if that fixes it.
I listened for it with the window closed and I heard it up front under the hood as well. Might take it to Quick Lane and see what they say.

RawFord

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150/ 2005 GTO
Occupation
Console operator
Did you find it out? I have the same noise.

OP
OP
fxxkintallguy

fxxkintallguy

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Did you find it out? I have the same noise.
I took it to Ford and the service person said they needed the truck for 2 days to diagnose what it may be without even listening to it or anything. I didn't end up leaving it. It's still happening, so I think I'm going to go in the morning one day and see if I can get a service guy to take a ride with me around the block to hear it and see if I need to leave it. I'll be sure to update this thread when I do!

Sponsored

66F100Again

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'66 F100, '11 Mustang GT, '21 F150 Lariat
Mine has two unused "spring nuts" in the metal bracket under the engine. The bracket is bolted to the cross member, and it seems it's purpose is to hold the air deflector / sound deadener that's under the engine. The spring nuts rattle if you tap on the bracket, so I suspect they'd rattle if there was a resonance from tire vibration or drivetrain vibration.
See photo.
Ford F-150 Rattle at 3200ish RPM? IMG_0289.JPG

FordDood

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 5.0L, 21 F150 King Ranch PowerBoost
Any update on this thread from anyone? Just took delivery of my 2021 5.0L this week and noticed the same thing tonight. I’ll check out the spring nuts as mentioned above, but wanted to see if anyone got a definitive answer.

ttnuagmada

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4 5.0
Also noticing this. Doesn't happen at low throttle, but if im at 1/2 throttle or so I can hear the rattle, seems to kick in right around 3Kish RPM. It definitely seems like it's coming from the engine bay. I'm going to check those spring nuts tomorrow when I get a chance.

Justin17

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Black Ops
Occupation
J
i notice with windows down on slow acceleration almost sounds like something squeaking. But no noise if foot is not on the gas. Anyone have this issue?

Ditchcricket

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0
I have the rattle right at about 3-3.2k RPM. It only seems to happen for me if everything is nice and warm, usually happens once it's been running for 20-30min.

Anyone get it resolved yet?

Sponsored

g-dodds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 4x4 Lariat
I’ve got the same problem. Anyone else figure it out ?

g-dodds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 4x4 Lariat
Mine is at the dealership now. They can’t figure it out. I notice it more when pulling my trailer and it’s under a load, on longer hills it’s really noticeable and loud and I’ll be really surprised if it is a rattle that is outside the engine.

They hope to know more today, we will see.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 5.0 302a
Occupation
Engineer
Mine is at the dealership now. They can’t figure it out. I notice it more when pulling my trailer and it’s under a load, on longer hills it’s really noticeable and loud and I’ll be really surprised if it is a rattle that is outside the engine.

They hope to know more today, we will see.
Let us know what they find. I was thinking phasers. Definitely more noticeable while under load. Sounds like top end of the engine to me.

Minivanracer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Rcsb
I have this that comes and goes. Not sure if it's a exhaust leak or what. Maybe cylinder deactivation under load?? At idle and free rev truck sounds like a sewing machine. More noticeable in sport mode to
Sponsored