First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
hello all. i’m relatively new here but the f150 is my favorite automobile of all time- especially the raptor. i’m just lurking and soaking in information right now as my wife and I plan to go through on our bronco reservation and I currently have a honda accord that I still have a lien on. but when both vehicles are paid off i’ll be looking to purchase a raptor. i’ve been seeing some uncertainty about the raptor name carrying on into the future. how true is this? I don’t plan on even flirting with buying one until 2024..
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
hello all. i’m relatively new here but the f150 is my favorite automobile of all time- especially the raptor. i’m just lurking and soaking in information right now as my wife and I plan to go through on our bronco reservation and I currently have a honda accord that I still have a lien on. but when both vehicles are paid off i’ll be looking to purchase a raptor. i’ve been seeing some uncertainty about the raptor name carrying on into the future. how true is this? I don’t plan on even flirting with buying one until 2024..

The 2024 model year should be well in to (1/4 or 1/2 through) the gen. 14 F-150 product life cycle. The gen. 14 Raptor appears as if it’s going to debut as a 2022 model at the latest. It’s all but confirmed at this point. Ford has to fire back at Dodge and their TRX edition Ram. Too much money to be made not to do so.

OP
OP
futuretrunks

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manager
The 2024 model year should be well in to (1/4 or 1/2 through) the gen. 14 F-150 product life cycle. The gen. 14 Raptor appears as if it’s going to debut as a 2022 model at the latest. It’s all but confirmed at this point. Ford has to fire back at Dodge and their TRX edition Ram. Too much money to be made not to do so.
maybe a stupid question, but do you think there will ever be an electric raptor?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
maybe a stupid question, but do you think there will ever be an electric raptor?
Not stupid at all! That’s WAY above my pay grade, I just buy the trucks! That’s an interesting prospect, though. This generation? No. Eventually? Probably... I hate to say it, but it seems we may be in the golden era of the internal combustion engine.

Massive companies including Ford have invested billions of dollars on electric technology for it to be viable in the coming years. For instance, a full electric F-150 (non-Raptor) is slated in just a couple of years.

Tesla with their “Ludicrous” mode have began to establish that electric only technology can be fun and competitive for enthusiasts. I hope that continues to be the case, because there are some great pieces of automotive technology and, dare I say, art that good old gasoline burnin’ has given us.

We’ll see exactly how quick car companies transition in the years to come.

OP
OP
futuretrunks

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manager
Not stupid at all! That’s WAY above my pay grade, I just buy the trucks! That’s an interesting prospect, though. This generation? No. Eventually? Probably... I hate to say it, but it seems we may be in the golden era of the internal combustion engine.

Massive companies including Ford have invested billions of dollars on electric technology for it to be viable in the coming years. For instance, a full electric F-150 (non-Raptor) is slated in just a couple of years.

Tesla with their “Ludicrous” mode have began to establish that electric only technology can be fun and competitive for enthusiasts. I hope that continues to be the case, because there are some great pieces of automotive technology and, dare I say, art that good old gasoline burnin’ has given us.

We’ll see exactly how quick car companies transition in the years to come.
yeah i’m pretty intrigued by the all electric f150 too!!!! i’m gunna be paying close attention to the electric truck wars over the coming years..... but there’s just something about the raptor that I can’t resist lol
Sponsored