First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
I’m still new here and am trying to budget for my next truck that I plan to buy in 4-8 years. Why is it that all raptors seem to be listed around $20k over msrp? Would I able to order one to my liking at a dealer? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I’m still new here and am trying to budget for my next truck that I plan to buy in 4-8 years. Why is it that all raptors seem to be listed around $20k over msrp? Would I able to order one to my liking at a dealer? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Simply put, supply and market demand (and money).

For brand new or low supply vehicles, and limited edition/high performance vehicles, dealers will only get allocated a few. If they get any at all, some dealerships will mark the vehicle up past MSRP. Its definitely a shady tactic, but someone will easily pay the mark up. It's very common, unfortunately. It's happened with the Honda Civic Type-R, Subaru and their Series.Blue/White/Grey STIs and BRZs, the BMW M3CS, and even Ford's GT350R and GT-500 when they were released.

If you're looking at a 2020 F-150 Raptor, though, you might be able to get a decent deal. In my area, they area selling a bit below MSRP before 2020 rebates and incentives.

Last edited:

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
If you were fortunate enough... Raptors were selling for 8-9k UNDER MSRP back in May/June. That's never happened. Dealers wouldn't budge on price, sometimes giving $500-1000 under MSRP in the BEST case scenarios. I almost got one, but it didn't pan out for a few reasons. I'm happy with the route we went though - Can Am X3 Turbo RR + a 2021 F150. Best of both worlds, haha.

I would HAPPILY put a bet on the new Raptors going for LARGE amounts over MSRP if they come out with the supercharged V8 option. Those will probably MSRP right at 85k-90k loaded out and sell for $110k without batting an eye. Especially if they're just a limited production option.

OP
OP
futuretrunks

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manager
If you were fortunate enough... Raptors were selling for 8-9k UNDER MSRP back in May/June. That's never happened. Dealers wouldn't budge on price, sometimes giving $500-1000 under MSRP in the BEST case scenarios. I almost got one, but it didn't pan out for a few reasons. I'm happy with the route we went though - Can Am X3 Turbo RR + a 2021 F150. Best of both worlds, haha.

I would HAPPILY put a bet on the new Raptors going for LARGE amounts over MSRP if they come out with the supercharged V8 option. Those will probably MSRP right at 85k-90k loaded out and sell for $110k without batting an eye. Especially if they're just a limited production option.
If they end up being that much there’s no way I’ll purchase one. On fords build and price section they start at 53k or so, could I not just order one?

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
If they end up being that much there’s no way I’ll purchase one. On fords build and price section they start at 53k or so, could I not just order one?
Getting a dealership to order one for you, at MSRP, would be difficult. I think 53k is also for the super cab, which I heard they're discontinuing for the new year models, and that would be the lowest trim level (and definitely not the supercharged V8 if that happens).

Granted, it's not impossible... But when you're talking a specialty vehicle you almost never get MSRP. Market and demand drive that price point. I heard something about Dodge penalizing dealers for charging over MSRP on the Demon. But that's a rare situation. I don't think they continued that or will do it again though.

OP
OP
futuretrunks

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manager
Getting a dealership to order one for you, at MSRP, would be difficult. I think 53k is also for the super cab, which I heard they're discontinuing for the new year models, and that would be the lowest trim level (and definitely not the supercharged V8 if that happens).

Granted, it's not impossible... But when you're talking a specialty vehicle you almost never get MSRP. Market and demand drive that price point. I heard something about Dodge penalizing dealers for charging over MSRP on the Demon. But that's a rare situation. I don't think they continued that or will do it again though.
Thank you for all of the helpful info. I’ve been able to hips some around 65-70k that would be ideal for me. We’ll see what’s up in a few years!!!
Sponsored