Sponsored

Raptor like suspension upgrade (using Raptor parts?)

Limited07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
I picked up my 2021 Limited Powerboost a couple weeks ago, coming from a 2018 Raptor. I enjoyed a lot of time off-roading the last few years, but with the crazy used market pricing and ability to X-Plan pricing, I made the switch. Loving everything about the truck, but I miss that cushy Raptor suspension.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a suspension upgrade that gives a “Raptor-like” ride? Feels like I can feel every bump now (that probably has to do with a lack of tire sidewall too). I have a set of front and rear shocks from a 2018 Raptor (take-offs) - any info on if / how I can use those?

Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendations!
Sponsored

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
I think Pax Power has already done something like this. I contacted them about it because I was curious too.

From what I remember of my conversation with them, I think they used previous gen Raptor struts/springs on the 2021's. I can't remember all of the details, but it may be worth reaching out to them and ask!

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
First thing to do is get wheels/tires with sidewalls.

swap those 22" wheels for 18"s and you might be able to live with it.

Any long travel conversion parts and you may as well have gotten the Raptor. Most aren't easily reversible too, so you will be spending $10K+ on something that will hurt your trade in value in three years.

The '21 Raptor will probably be even more comfortable off road with the rear coil springs.

There's enough forum members finding dealers willing to sell Raptor trucks for fair prices that if you want the Raptor ride, you might as well get one.
Sponsored