Raptor grill lights installed on Lariat

Spindrive

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
We just listed the 4 led for the XL-XLT We also have the Platinum-King Ranch and STX kit will be ready by mid week customautoworksstore.com

Of course you did!

I just installed the three - hate how it looks uneven….. 4 wasn’t available ??‍♂

Never doing that install again though, it was awful
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I have been kicking around trying to do two 3 light kits. The sport grill has 6 slots, so it’s 4 or nothing based on offerings.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
Nice. Did something similar on my KR PB. Almost invisible when truck is off. Also note LED lighting added above powered running boards.

092606C0-70FB-4790-846E-C73AFCC8874D.jpeg
Where did you get the lights for the running boards? Thanks Fredm2002

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
Of course you did!

I just installed the three - hate how it looks uneven….. 4 wasn’t available ??‍♂

Never doing that install again though, it was awful
What were the issues you encountered with the install? Might make me think otherwise about doing it!

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Got the new Platinum set from Custom Auto Works. Look great, easy install and perfectly spaced. LEDs are attached to plate that mounts behind grill. Plug and play. Great product!
Ford F-150 Raptor grill lights installed on Lariat IMG_3709.JPG

Ford F-150 Raptor grill lights installed on Lariat IMG_3714.JPG

Sponsored

Spindrive

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What were the issues you encountered with the install? Might make me think otherwise about doing it!

Bitch of a time getting the grill pulled back.

Their instructions and video isn’t clear about where the nuts to remove are..

Also the pigtail adapter that plugs into the turn signal bulb is a B to reach…

Maybe I overestimated how easy they made it seem in videos, but I won’t be doing it again.

AnthemMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Bitch of a time getting the grill pulled back.

Their instructions and video isn’t clear about where the nuts to remove are..

Also the pigtail adapter that plugs into the turn signal bulb is a B to reach…

Maybe I overestimated how easy they made it seem in videos, but I won’t be doing it again.

YouTube does wonders. Shows you every nut/bolt to remove to remove grille/headlights (if needed). Super easy and had mine apart in less than 10 mins.

Spindrive

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

YouTube does wonders. Shows you every nut/bolt to remove to remove grille/headlights (if needed). Super easy and had mine apart in less than 10 mins.

I have no idea why I didn’t think of looking for this video when doing this job.

I was so hyper focused and the instructions and the YouTube they reference, and upset they aren’t very detailed.

This would have solved all my issues, and it’s incredibly stupid I didn’t think to look at other videos ??‍♂??‍♂??‍♂?

AnthemMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have no idea why I didn’t think of looking for this video when doing this job.

I was so hyper focused and the instructions and the YouTube they reference, and upset they aren’t very detailed.

This would have solved all my issues, and it’s incredibly stupid I didn’t think to look at other videos ??‍♂??‍♂??‍♂?

Lol well you have the video for next time ?

Clew150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT RCSB
Got the new Platinum set from Custom Auto Works. Look great, easy install and perfectly spaced. LEDs are attached to plate that mounts behind grill. Plug and play. Great product!
IMG_3709.JPG

IMG_3714.JPG
I bought a new grille where the lights are attached. IT came with the wiring harness but its still red and black at the other end and I believe Im expected to splice into another lights power...Is this normal?

Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
The designer part of me wants it to be an odd number of lights with one in the center but our Lariat Sport grille doesn't really lend itself to that. Six would fill the grille more completely but seems like a bit much with them being so bright.

I like the idea of dressing it up but haven't figured out which way to go. I have a 4 lamp set from F150LEDS that I never got around to installing on my 2020 so maybe I'll try some different ideas just temporarily in the garage tonight.