Ranger Tremor

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I’m 99.999% sold on a STX FX4. Just curious if anyone is more interested in a Ranger over F-150 now that it offers the Tremor off-road package like Super Duty.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/09/14/ford-ranger-tremor.html

I was just the opposite. I wanted a Lariat Ranger until the 2021 F-150s came out. Loved the Ranger, but was not impressed with the ride and body roll on a couple test drives (with the FX4 package). I have not had the opportunity to test drive a similarly equipped F-150 yet, but nearly everyone I talk to who has says the ride is significantly better.

An STX F-150 looks like it will get you newer (Sync4) and better features than the current Ranger.

Also something to think about is the Ranger we have here in the U.S. has been on sale overseas for several years and nearly through with its life cycle. The next generation and redesign is due in late 2021 for the 2022 model year .

OP
OP
Chadillac

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Mazda 3
Occupation
Nurse
I was just the opposite. I wanted a Lariat Ranger until the 2021 F-150s came out. Loved the Ranger, but was not impressed with the ride and body roll on a couple test drives (with the FX4 package). I have not had the opportunity to test drive a similarly equipped F-150 yet, but nearly everyone I talk to who has says the ride is significantly better.

An STX F-150 looks like it will get you newer (Sync4) and better features than the current Ranger.

Also something to think about is the Ranger we have here in the U.S. has been on sale overseas for several years and nearly through with its life cycle. The next generation and redesign is due in late 2021 for the 2022 model year .
Agreed. I actually like the size of the Ranger but for the money, it’s silly not to get an F150 for the added options and capability. The real word price between the two overlaps significantly.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 FORD RANGER LARIAT
Occupation
TEACHER
I’m 99.999% sold on a STX FX4. Just curious if anyone is more interested in a Ranger over F-150 now that it offers the Tremor off-road package like Super Duty.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/09/14/ford-ranger-tremor.html
I am currently driving a 2019 Ranger Lariat and am waiting on the next generation to see if I want to stick with Rangers or move up to 150s. The Ranger FX4 package needed improvement, in my experience, but after installing the Ford 2-Inch Leveling Kit and its Fox shocks, the ride is great, no more complaints. Still, the Powerboost option on the 150 Tremors would make them very attractive, not to mention the B&O Unleashed sound system. So a lot will depend on whether the c. 2022/23 Ranger Tremors/Raptors will get these or similar features and keep me on board....
Sponsored