Sponsored

Random clicking

FLPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a
My truck is A ‘21 STX (XL) with a basic fob and no push button start. I do have FordPass. I now have 13k miles on the truck and it has had random clicks while I walk around it since day one. Everything functions as expected.

I just went through 4 pages in this thread of people mentioning the clicks and using the terms “problems and issues” and are associating them with the clicks. What is not functional when you hear the clicks? What is failing when you hear the clicks? Or is it just the click sound that you think is a malfunction?

The first couple times I heard it, I thought maybe a coin in my pocket had hit the lock / unlock button (God knows I’ve hit that dang alarm button on the fob a few times!) but I have since ruled that out. But nothing fails to work, the truck stays locked (or unlocked if I had it unlocked), and it still drives sans issues. It just clicks as I approach certain parts of it from time to time.

So, is there a problem you are having… along with the click… or is the click the problem?

Mine has been problem free recently, but when I was having the issue it was as if I was constantly pushing the unlock button on the doors or fob. If the truck was locked, it would unlock on approach (without touching it) and continue "unlocking" until the key got out of range or I put my hand on the door handle. Only had that issue on the passenger side. I'm with you on the other random clicks being "normal."
Sponsored

jborbs

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 502A
Glad I found this thread saying this noise is "normal" even if it's weird AF. It just keeps doing it over and over when I'm anywhere near it - even if the key never leaves proximity range. Also the power running boards sometimes pop in and out irrespective of the extended 15-min timeout I have set - I wonder if maybe the fob battery is low or something.

All the clacking and clicking is super weird when you're just sort of "near" the truck. I am starting to think these have too much technology 😂

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
Glad I found this thread saying this noise is "normal" even if it's weird AF. It just keeps doing it over and over when I'm anywhere near it - even if the key never leaves proximity range. Also the power running boards sometimes pop in and out irrespective of the extended 15-min timeout I have set - I wonder if maybe the fob battery is low or something.

All the clacking and clicking is super weird when you're just sort of "near" the truck. I am starting to think these have too much technology 😂
Try turning off the "approach option" and see if the clicking sound stops. That is the only way I could get mine to stop. Soft click then 15 seconds later a loud click from the EBB unit.

Last edited:

jborbs

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 502A
Try turning off the "approach option" and see if the clicking sound stops. That is the only way I could get my to stop. Soft click then 15 seconds later a loud click from the EBB unit.
Solid idea. Even if just to prove to myself that that’s what it is - I don’t really want to be without the approach feature! 🙂

vinnie45acp

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat Sport/Black out/502A
Occupation
Logistics
Has anyone deleted the Ford Pass App to see if that helps?
I had this same type issue with my two Lexus’s, but it was a different glitch that the dealer could not replicate ( sound familiar 🤔), so I needed up tracking down to the issue was with the APP, deleted the app, haven’t had the issue since with my Lexus.
I had this clicking start today, thought I was losing my mind, thought the same as most of you, moved my Key fob away and the clicking continued. But as I have read, I just deleted my Ford Pass App and am going to see of this fixes the issue.
Sponsored