Sponsored

Random clicking

Gunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat
The dealership had me come pick up my truck as they are still waiting to hear back from Ford as to what to do next. The only thing I know they tried was reprograming some modules. Upon receiving my truck back it now seems that my wifi hotspot is not working as my phone will connect to it but it says no internet, as well my fordpass app will not refresh with the truck so I have not a damn clue what is going on here but it is frustrating for sure.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
The dealership had me come pick up my truck as they are still waiting to hear back from Ford as to what to do next. The only thing I know they tried was reprograming some modules. Upon receiving my truck back it now seems that my wifi hotspot is not working as my phone will connect to it but it says no internet, as well my fordpass app will not refresh with the truck so I have not a damn clue what is going on here but it is frustrating for sure.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this F-150 concern on my end.

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
Update: My 2021 F-150 Platinum PB truck has been at the dealership for 4.5 weeks now. Took them 2.5 weeks to hear the clicking sound, another 1.5 weeks dealing with Ford support and now they finally got Ford's approval to replace the Elec. Brake Booster (EBB). Part will be installed on Monday or Tuesday next week. I just hope this is the root cause of the issue with the clicking sound.

Last edited:

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I just got my Lariat pb 502a on Friday and have heard the clicking as well when I'm near it. I assumed it had to do with the welcome lights but even just standing there I can hear it continue. Very off.

Could it really be everyone's EBB?

Gunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat
Good news, keep us updated as that is not the part my dealership is replacing so it will be good to know if your solution fixed it.

Sponsored

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of IT
Update: Ford finally replaced my EBB on Friday the 12" center display died and truck has a battery issues. Truck is still at the dealership. Dealership is waiting on Ford Support to get back with them and they are trying to find parts. Unreal. Owned the vehicle now for 14 weeks and its been at the dealership for almost 8 weeks. Buying this truck has been a huge mistake.

Last edited:

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of IT
Update: Ford finally replaced my EBB on Friday the 12" center display died and truck has a battery issues. Truck is still at the dealership. Dealership is waiting on Ford Support to get back with them and they are trying to find parts. Unreal. Owned the vehicle now for 14 weeks and its been at the dealership for almost 8 weeks. Buying this truck has been a huge mistake.
Finally got the truck back from my dealership on Saturday. Dealership had truck for almost two months. Got a new EBB, a new battery and new 12" center display screen unit. Truck got many warning message on IPC after EBB was replaced. Good news is there is no more clicking sound after my EBB got replaced (which is where the clicking sound was coming from). But during the EBB replacement procedure it cause my 12" main screen and 12 v battery to go bad. Everything is fixed now.
I'll post more info if necessary.

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of IT
Finally got the truck back from my dealership on Saturday. Dealership had truck for almost two months. Got a new EBB, a new battery and new 12" center display screen unit. Truck got many warning message on IPC after EBB was replaced. Good news is there is no more clicking sound after my EBB got replaced (which is where the clicking sound was coming from). But during the EBB replacement procedure it cause my 12" main screen and 12 v battery to go bad. Everything is fixed now.
I'll post more info if necessary.
Tuesday, Truck started clicking again. OMG I'm over this. Truck spent 2 months at Dealership and three days after getting it back it started clicking again. Unreal.

FLPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a
Tuesday, Truck started clicking again. OMG I'm over this. Truck spent 2 months at Dealership and three days after getting it back it started clicking again. Unreal.
Any resolution to this? Just picked mine up Sunday and it randomly clicks/sounds like it's unlocking when I walk near the passenger side with my key. The turn signals also flash when it clicks.

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Changed the name of my truck from SpaceBeast to SpaceMan as this truck has a mind of it's own with all the clicking going on when I'm working in the garage (Locked and Fob a good distance away)

Sponsored

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of IT
I just turned off the approach option on the running board menu. It stopped it mostly. I haven’t taken it back to the dealership yet. I wanted to put some more miles on it.

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Mine clicks all the time when I’m around it. Tahoe does it too. I always assumed it was just waking up and getting ready for some kind of signal like touching the door handle etc. never thought twice about it. The clicking under the hood when I hit brakes is starting to make me nervous though

JohnnyV.509

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
93 K1500, 04 TL, 13 Silverado, 16 Sequoia, 11 G37X
Occupation
Railroad Signalman
Currently in a rental while my work truck is in the shop for repairs. Rental vehicle specs are 2021 Ford F-150 XLT, Vin# 1FTFW1E54MFA71515. I’ve had the truck for a couple of days and I just noticed the clicking sound being described on the thread. Just putting my 2 cents in because I’m not going to have this truck long enough to complain, but I do think it’s an odd sound/problem, and should definitely generate a TSB once the problem is found.

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My truck clicks constantly. I do not have a proximity key fob and it does it when I don’t have the keys with me anyway.

FLPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a
Figured out what my particular issue is. The passenger door handle/proximity sensor sometimes thinks my hand is on the handle when it isn't. The result is the truck constantly "unlocking" until I either walk far enough away or grab the handle.
Sponsored