AnthemMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
2021, F150, XLT Sport, 4WD, 2.7L, SCREW

Once the truck is shut off and I lock it. Sometimes it'll make a clicking noise when it's shut off just sitting there. Does anyone else's truck do this? My 2019 never did this. I'm not overly concerned about it as I haven't seen any issues arise from it. Was just odd. Inwas changing the oil in it the other day and it did it a few times and sometimes if I shut it off and it's just sitting there it make a clicking noise. Coming from under the hood...it seems more prevalent on the driver side.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AnthemMike

AnthemMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That's what I was thinking. But just curious to see if others have noticed it.

If anyone actually knows...I'd be curious.

Sponsored

Kcobra

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Ford mustang
This has been happening for a year now. I spend alot of time in my garage while my truck sits outside. My keys will be across my house and it will still click like your walking up to it with the fob in your pocket. It'll do it all night long. It was driving me nuts so I stayed up all night to monitor it. It never stopped. I even tried timing the clicks to see if it was maybe programming for electronics.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This has been happening for a year now. I spend alot of time in my garage while my truck sits outside. My keys will be across my house and it will still click like your walking up to it with the fob in your pocket. It'll do it all night long. It was driving me nuts so I stayed up all night to monitor it. It never stopped. I even tried timing the clicks to see if it was maybe programming for electronics.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Kcobra

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Ford mustang
1FTEW1CP0MFB78156 I use Bluebonnet motors in New Braunfels, Texas.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I just read the other thread about the clicking and sounds like nothing was found to be the problem. One owner had the EBB replaces and 3 days later the clicking was back. I haven't noticed if my truck does it but it has not been a problem that I can tell. I do hear noises coming from under the hood when I walk by it, with or without the flob. To me, it sound like it detects me and wakes something up. Security?

Sponsored

taperk600

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 X-cab 8ft 2wd work truck, 2019 F150 Platinum Screw 6.5ft 4x4
Only had my KR a couple of weeks now but I have noticed EVERY TIME I start to enter my code into the door touchpad, there are a couple clicks from under the hood between the 2nd digit and the 3rd digit of the code........ doesn't matter if I have the fob with me or not. Kind of like a solenoid clicking. Thought it had something to do with me entering the code, even though none of my past trucks did it......

Now I will start paying more attention to it.........along with reading the other thread posted above........

Neandrewthal

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 xlt sport 2.7
Occupation
Aerospace management
My 22 F150 xlt sport does the same. I thought it was due to the fob being in range but I tested that. Even with the fob far away the truck had a solenoid clicking sound as if I’m walking up on it with fob in pocket.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Mine does as well, I think it is the proximity sensors detecting an object in their range/area and turning on a circuit to check for the flob.

KPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
current 2014 f150 screw fx4 waiting 2022 f150
Any solution to this issue mine does it randomly and also when I start to enter my key code.

xaiverson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 501a Powerboost
I just got my Powerboost. I'll be sitting outsite, not even near the truck, no key near it, and will hear sounds like it's unlocking/locking periodically. Any word from Ford?
Sponsored