First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2011 explorer ltd
Occupation
Knowledge Manager, use PB as my office.
Has anyone noticed that the truck (Lariat PB with 12inch screen) makes a sort of random ‘bong’ sound? With nothing changing on the instrument cluster or the infotainment screen? I have been trying to see if it is a CarPlay thing or not. Problem is it’s random and I can’t reproduce it on command to test what it is. It’s like the truck is telling me something, but then it isn’t. I thought it was crossing railroads, or yield signs, but nope, that’s not it. Any ideas?
Sponsored

SWFLGuy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
The only time I’ve had that happen was when one of the rear doors didn’t get shut all of the way.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone noticed that the truck (Lariat PB with 12inch screen) makes a sort of random ‘bong’ sound? With nothing changing on the instrument cluster or the infotainment screen? I have been trying to see if it is a CarPlay thing or not. Problem is it’s random and I can’t reproduce it on command to test what it is. It’s like the truck is telling me something, but then it isn’t. I thought it was crossing railroads, or yield signs, but nope, that’s not it. Any ideas?
Is it the lane assist?

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
could be an alert from your phone (like a text coming in). I had one driving me crazy the other day, my phone would DING when I got out of the truck. Turns out I have a bluetooth stereo connector to my garage stereo and I had forgot to turn off the stereo. what I heard was the phone connecting to the garage stereo when I turned the truck off.

Davecp114

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew
There is a setting for the connected navigation that sounds this alert when approaching a school zone. It can be turned on or off in the map settings.

Sponsored

Stealthytt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
If intelligent cruise was on I believe its a bong sound when it is canceled at random, not the same sound when you lose the lane markers and it gets canceled.

Static

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 - 2021 XL 4x4 Supercab
My XL has done this a few times

JimmyKumbaya

First Name
JimBob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XL (STX)
You might check your washer fluid. My 2022 has done this three times now, the third time coincided with the low washer fluid icon lighting up. Fingers crossed, it hasn't happened since.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
There is a setting for the connected navigation that sounds this alert when approaching a school zone. It can be turned on or off in the map settings.
I was going to say this, but also if you setup trailer parameters in sync, it will also do this when approaching bridges, overpasses etc.

I believe its supposed to be a safety feature but the problem is that it is distracting trying to figure out what it is/was. I think while in towing mode it will put a icon on the navigation screen.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 infotainment concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Navigation will bong for school zones and railroad crossings. A message will flash quickly on the screen and if you’re not looking you will miss the notice. The irony is they’re trying to warn you about children and the bong pulls your eyes off of the street. On the way to the boat ramp I run next to the railroad tracks for 20 miles. Damn thing will bong at every intersection. I turned it off.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I think mine bongs when the lane keeping looses track of the lines and temporarily disables itself.

OP
OP
PowerboostedF150

PowerboostedF150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks for everyone’s replies!! Wow such a responsive community. I think I have to agree with the connected navigation as the culprit. Today, I was approaching an intersection, and one turn lane was closed in the opposite direction, with a bucket truck up fixing the traffic light.
I also had CarPlay music on the main screen, with the connected nav on the little screen. I heard the bong, and looked at the little map screen. It very briefly showed a construction icon at the intersection, then it disappeared. It only showed up as long the bong was sounding, maybe a half second longer. I left the intersection and about 1/2 hour later returned and had the same bong sound again, with the construction icon, then It disappeared. (The bucket truck was gone by then)
I don’t know if the zoom level on the connected map has something to do with it, meaning that if the map is too zoomed. It, you would be out of range for the alert. The alerts are good, but it need a to make a reference on the dash, or change the default bong sound so it doesn’t sound like every other bong sound in the vehicle. I pass by a school zone every day (my house backs on to the school year). And it never sounds the bong sound.

OP
OP
PowerboostedF150

PowerboostedF150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Navigation will bong for school zones and railroad crossings. A message will flash quickly on the screen and if you’re not looking you will miss the notice. The irony is they’re trying to warn you about children and the bong pulls your eyes off of the street. On the way to the boat ramp I run next to the railroad tracks for 20 miles. Damn thing will bong at every intersection. I turned it off.
completely agree, you think something has gone wrong and you are searching all over for a message… and not watching the road for that moment.
Sponsored