First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Ram is Motor Trend Truck Of The Year for three straight years. Too bad they can't up the horsepower for the Hemi
Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
I have had three Rams. Loved them all, would have considered a 5th Gen. But wouldn't fit in the garage. That's a must for me. So looked at a Silverado, Tundra, and F150. Drove the 5.0 with 10 speed, was sold...

even had a 392 Charger, the torque is amazing.

Br549

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402a torsen
I had a 2020 Rebel that I sold to a dealer(used market is crazy too). Loved it and my wife loved it and the kids loved it. Took it on vacations, drove it to Church and everywhere else. only sold it because the 2022 tremor Technology packages (safety) are more advanced for the time being. Plus the Torsen!

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
Gotta admit, for a 1/2 ton truck, mine did pretty good hauling a pallet of stone from Lowes.. (73 bags x 50lbs = 3650lbs)..never bottomed out and didn't sway at all on highway doing 70...

Ford F-150 Ram vs f150 IMG_4895.JPG

spizike9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, Lariat, Powerboost, FX4
One of the universal things I think I’ve seen everyone report about the ‘21 was the improvement in ride quality, both in terms of cabin noise and smoothness. Although I’ve heard the IRS on the Ram is tough to beat right now for ride quality. You should try and go test drive a ‘21 somewhere to see how it is.
Ram doesn’t have IRS. It has coil springs but that’s not IRS. There’s a big difference.

Sponsored

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
Ram doesn’t have IRS. It has coil springs but that’s not IRS. There’s a big difference.
newer body you can get air suspension

dkevox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evo X, F150
Man, I was completely set on getting a ram given all the love they've gotten. I went and test drove a ram with the V8 e-torque back to back with an f150 powerboost. I was just wanting to do my due diligence before ordering, but was amazed at how much more I like the f150 than the ram. Even beyond the world of difference performance wise, it was just more comfortable. The seats were better even though I was comparing cloth on the xlt to leather on the Laramie. The vertical screen was not very user friendly in person. And ride quality was pretty much identical. Both handled hard turns and bumpy roads about the same. Gotta love COVID times and not having salesman in the car with you so you can abuse the truck a bit.

I couldn't believe how quickly I was convinced to get the f150 over the ram.

Last edited:

august's f150

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 XL+2022 ford expedition platinum
Occupation
real estate/construction
I know I will get roasted for this but here we go, before I say what I have to say I want to let you know that I did order a 2022 f150 . I currently own a 2019 ram big horn v8 and 2020 ram Laramie v8, both trucks have around 21k miles, yesterday I ask my coworker to take his 2020 f150 v8 for a drive that also happened to have 20k miles, I was stunned comparing that f150 to my rams the Ford felt like was 10 years old with over 100k miles rattles transmission was clunky and truck over all felt hollow , to be fair that truck was last generation f150, I hope the new trucks are better if not I will be very disappointed in the truck. I also want to add that the ram has stepped up the game big time, fit and finish are great ride quality is great and the truck fills tight like a drum..
have a great day and I hope I didn’t hurt your fillings to much for expressing my opinion.
man rams suck ass

dkevox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evo X, F150
The 2.7 is a great engine. Also having been into boosted cars for a long time, I understand perfectly how a vehicle can feel faster. But there's no way the 2.7 beats the 3.5 on a track. But that doesn't matter unless you're using the vehicle to race. How it feels when driving is the important part.

I only speak from experience spending way to much money making a vehicle faster and faster only to get used to the power and feel like it feels slow lol. It's the total experience that counts to driving a vehicle. And unfortunately I completely agree with you about the rebel e-torque engine feeling sluggish, I was amazed at how disappointed I was in that engine. It's honestly the reason I switched from wanting the ram to getting an f150. The pro power is a nice side benefit, as well as bluecruise. Finger crossed bluecruise actually works well, but love the idea as take many long highway trips.

Sponsored

IconicJJR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I was looking to purchase a Laramie sport ram. It was really nice and plush. But I went to test the PB Xlt and the power was night and day.

Generator is a big plus as I live in hurricane ally , and man it just looks newer. I didnt want a 3-4 year old design, I like the fords new styling.

The 12 inch screen is perfectly placed. And the flat floor in the rear so my pup can lay down after the dog park is a plus too.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
I've not heard anyone mention body rust... Seems like RAM is the worst of all, GM is next in that category. I see trucks with a few short years on them and the rear wheel wells are starting to swell & flake at the top arches. Aluminum F-150 was a real step forward, not that aluminum won't corrode but it's far better than a steel body.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I've not heard anyone mention body rust... Seems like RAM is the worst of all, GM is next in that category. I see trucks with a few short years on them and the rear wheel wells are starting to swell & flake at the top arches. Aluminum F-150 was a real step forward, not that aluminum won't corrode but it's far better than a steel body.
Good point. They have improved (Ram and GM) but Ford is best for the Rustbelt.

Mike_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, XLT, 302a, 4x4, 3.5L, Antimatter Blue
Oh now you want to be green and sound like a rice grinder going down the road, go for it man what ever floats your boat
I'm guessing you know what it sounds like because you've spent a lot of time watching them pull away from your antiquated V8.
Sponsored