Ram TRX (T-Rex) Thoughts?

MY93SHO

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat, 2012 GoldWing, 1997 Honda Valkyrie Tourer
It has three trim levels and it STARTS at $71k!! $900 a month at 84 months?

OP
OP
05RubiconLJ

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
You are not including the HUGE markup that dealers are going to slap on one. Even today, if I go over to the local Ford dealer, every Raptor is marked $5,000 over sticker for 'Limited Production Upcharge'. I think the other area dealer (20 miles away) charges $7,500 above sticker. It's frustrating!

MY93SHO

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat, 2012 GoldWing, 1997 Honda Valkyrie Tourer
You are not including the HUGE markup that dealers are going to slap on one. Even today, if I go over to the local Ford dealer, every Raptor is marked $5,000 over sticker for 'Limited Production Upcharge'. I think the other area dealer (20 miles away) charges $7,500 above sticker. It's frustrating!
You can get them for MSRP in my area. You need to shop around, most dealers can ship to anywhere.

OP
OP
05RubiconLJ

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have worked with the with both local dealers before on a truck and I'm sure that the closer one would drop the up charge and deal with you, if you were serious. Local buyer = local service customer.

I am excited to see how Ford responds to the TRX with the new Raptor. RAM didn't mask their intent to go after the Raptor with their dinosaur themed intro and insistence in calling it the T-Rex. I think they are going to position themselves as a better all-around off-road truck and play up the price and efficiency of the engine vs. the gas guzzler from RAM.

Sponsored

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appereance Package
Occupation
Work
Ram, Dodge and Chrysler as a whole there answer to everything is pile on the horse power, all that power isn't any good if you can't keep it connected to the ground. I see a hellva lot of Raptor influence with the bulged fenders, Ram lettered grill and the orange lights in the hood scoop. Will it be a threat no doubt it will but I think Ford has something up their sleeves.

OP
OP
05RubiconLJ

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@TheOne I think you hit the nail on the head. Not sure if anyone on here has a Hellcat, but they blow through tires and have to stop at just about every gas station (that's what most owners I have met tell me). For the money, I feel pretty sure that the new Raptor is going to be more capable where you need it to be. I like the looks of the TRX, I can't say I don't, but as you said, the Raptor set the standard for the look, so what I like about it is just as much Raptor as it is TRX. Competition doesn't hurt..

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
If you can afford a TRX who really cares about blowing thru tires....
Isnt it the whole point of having all that power to use it??

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Mazda 3
Occupation
Nurse
It’s a cool truck but not enough for the asking price. A 392 version that starts at $55k would’ve been a better way to go I think. Then option the Hellcat as the halo trim level for $70k. (SRT-TRX?)

OP
OP
05RubiconLJ

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I guess they wanted to make a big splash. I could see the Rebel moving up-market to match the 'base' Raptor when it comes out or after the sales cool on the TRX, throwing out a 392 version to capture a little more market. Once the new Raptor launches, I think you'll know what Ram has planned.

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appereance Package
Occupation
Work
All that HP and a lot of weight go with it.
Sponsored