Rain Sensing Wipers Not Sensing Rain

crane

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum PowerBoost
I just acquired a '23 Platinum PB and for the life of me can't get everything sorted out. I've got the TCIM issues that won't let me connect to FordPass and the IPC went black on a 5 hour drive, but the issue at hand here is the wipers...

No matter what setting I put them on, they don't seem to operate as designed. I have the courtesy wipe and rain sensing options enabled in the settings. I then can turn the stalk to the various droplet settings but the wipers always run no matter how dry or clean my windshield is. It's like they don't see that rain sensing setting at all.

Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

RcFlyer330

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited Powerboost
I just acquired a '23 Platinum PB and for the life of me can't get everything sorted out. I've got the TCIM issues that won't let me connect to FordPass and the IPC went black on a 5 hour drive, but the issue at hand here is the wipers...

No matter what setting I put them on, they don't seem to operate as designed. I have the courtesy wipe and rain sensing options enabled in the settings. I then can turn the stalk to the various droplet settings but the wipers always run no matter how dry or clean my windshield is. It's like they don't see that rain sensing setting at all.

yes there has been some that have reported auto wiper issues. I dont know with some of the other issues you are having if the thread below may help you but check it out. the thread has to do with the auto wiper camera not being clipped in properly causing similar issues.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/autowipers-not-working.3125/

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
I have read here of others that have had this problem, turned out it was the sensor in the rearview mirror where the sensor is located is out of place. They opened up the mount, repositioned the sensor and all worked out well.
Just a thought and good luck!

OP
OP

crane

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like a dealer special on this one. The sensor is clipped in just fine, so I guess Ford will have to diagnose at their place.

aclosedmind

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 501a Powerboost
I have the exact same issue on my 22 Lariat PB. Its going in on Monday for that and some other things

Sponsored

aclosedmind

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got the truck back today, all they told me was that there was a "TSB for this" and that they don't have the software yet. I haven't seen a TSB so if anyone finds it maybe post it here? I don't have a lot of confidence in my local dealer to know what they are talking about :)

aclosedmind

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist

Just picked up my '23 502 Lariat last week, and just wanted to chime in I am having the exact same issues...

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Just one more reason I insist on the minimum number of useless add-ons offered on new vehicles. Think of the crap you are buying like having kids, The more you have the greater the chaos. New vehicle sales people have hated me for the past twenty years as I refuse all of the suggested add-ons they try to get me to pay for. I never needed them before they were invented so I don't need them now.

Sponsored

capiche87

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB 701a 4x4; 1985 Ford Bronco II
Occupation
Veterinarian
I have a 2023 and it took me some time to figure out how they work. However, i don’t think the rain sensing wipers “sense” that well. I don’t have much experience from other manufacturers but from what I see on other forums, they never work as well as advertised. I think it’s a gimmick feature.

I put rain-x on my windshield and now it works much better whether it ”senses” rain or not.

OP
OP

crane

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I took it into the dealer and they did some update but it did not resolve the problem. They did say a major OTA update is scheduled for April that will fix a ton of bugs. We'll see.

Also, can anyone confirm if the wiper stalk is lit when the lights are on? I do not see anything in the dark and wondering if that is a problem.

Just picked up my '23 502 Lariat last week, and just wanted to chime in I am having the exact same issues...

OP
OP

crane

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
Yes, I checked that as well but no luck as it was installed properly but just doesn't work.

If I put the stalk in the first position above the 0A then they just wipe intermittently even if the windshield is dry as a Popeyes biscuit.
Yes, mine did exactly the same thing…. Then I noticed that I am an idiot and didn’t have the rain sensing option turned on in the vehicle settings.
Sponsored