First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Yesterday I got in my truck and the radio has no sound. Everything is on, volume is on "0" and won't turn up with the knob or steering wheel buttons. I've done two soft resets, restarted the truck numerous times and it is still the same. I can adjust all radio settings except the volume. Doesn't matter what source it's in, XM, AM or FM. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You have B&O?

looks like the truck in your pic should.

the amp is the issue. Need to try and reset the amp. It’s behind the driver side rear seat on back wall. Try to unplug it for a while.

if nothing it will probably be back after it sits overnight

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
ColoradoHunter

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Jesse, I have the regular B&O, not the upgraded. It's already sit two nights, no change. I'll give the disconnecting a try.

OP
OP
ColoradoHunter

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Just did your suggestion. As usual, your info was right on the money! Back to normal. Thanks Jesse!

Sponsored

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I have B&O Unleashed and it has happened to me well over 30 times in the past 14 months. six dealers in three states have looked into it. I have been in contact with Ford Customer Service many times with a few CAS numbers.

I have an appointment on April 19 to hopefully get it resolved one way or another.

BTW - pulling fuse 28 resets it. That was the dealer's solution, at least. I am too many miles into ownership for Iowa Lemon Law but have been in contact with the Iowa Attorney General.

Reactions: GDN

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have B&O Unleashed and it has happened to me well over 30 times in the past 14 months. six dealers in three states have looked into it. I have been in contact with Ford Customer Service many times with a few CAS numbers.

I have an appointment on April 19 to hopefully get it resolved one way or another.

BTW - pulling fuse 28 resets it. That was the dealer's solution, at least. I am too many miles into ownership for Iowa Lemon Law but have been in contact with the Iowa Attorney General.
I would buy a new amp.. They are on ebay at this point for about 270-300$.. I know you shouldnt have to pay for it. There may be an update now too for the unleashed. There was for the 8 speaker DSP.

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Just did your suggestion. As usual, your info was right on the money! Back to normal. Thanks Jesse!
Glad it worked out. There is an update for the 8 speaker DSP, you may try it and see if it helps you.

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jesse, I don’t know who you are or what you do, but Ford should hire you!

Thank you for always willing to help people out here!
I appreciate that. Im just glad that I am able to help.

OP
OP
ColoradoHunter

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Glad it worked out. There is an update for the 8 speaker DSP, you may try it and see if it helps you.
I'll keep an eye on it. I've had it since July and this is the first time it happened. It goes in Tuesday for the 1.7.1 TSB fix. Thanks again.
Sponsored