First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
I have the 12” screen and have had several issues with it.
• Turns off on its own when driving.
• Will turn off at night and when I start it up has some random satellite station on.
• Consistently boots my phone (Apple) off in certain areas.
• Car play button won’t work at very random times.
Im sure there’s something else happening in there that I’m forgetting. Needless to say, it’s not very impressive with all the bugs.
Sponsored

Highridge

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
Occupation
Handyman
I’m having the same problem with my truck. Every morning I started up the radio works for about 15 minutes into my drive. Then the radio just turns off sometimes I can turn it back on other times the screen freezes! I contacted the dealership and they told me they were unaware of such a problem? I have it scheduled for next week for them to take a look at it. With only 668 miles and over $50,000 it’s very frustrating that a radio doesn’t work! I spoke to the Ford customer service already and the rep brought up ford buyback. If this isn’t resolved I’m sending it back. I’m not going to deal with it

DannyboyUpstate

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT Supercab 5.0L 6.5’ bed
I've had my truck for 1000 miles. The radio did shutdown and reboot while driving home from the dealer. However I was talking on the bluetooth phone while my brother was messing with all kinds of settings on the screen.

The only repeat issue I've had is with wireless Apple CarPlay. If I leave the truck idling, and jump out with my phone in my pocket, the CarPlay will disconnect. When I jump back in, it will not reconnect without me cycling the truck.

Highridge

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
Occupation
Handyman
I've had my truck for 1000 miles. The radio did shutdown and reboot while driving home from the dealer. However I was talking on the bluetooth phone while my brother was messing with all kinds of settings on the screen.

The only repeat issue I've had is with wireless Apple CarPlay. If I leave the truck idling, and jump out with my phone in my pocket, the CarPlay will disconnect. When I jump back in, it will not reconnect without me cycling the truck.
I thought about my phone so I turned off wifi/Bluetooth and the radio still shut off. After reading a bunch of other electrical issues the radio isn’t the worst. I’m sure hoping I don’t have a nightmare on my hands

clayjoe

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost Antimatter Blue two-tone
Occupation
Teacher
If you hold the tune button and the skip button(the arrows pointing right) together for like 10 seconds it will do a hard reset. This is what fixed my CarPlay issue; it may fix this.

Sponsored

Highridge

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
Occupation
Handyman
If you hold the tune button and the skip button(the arrows pointing right) together for like 10 seconds it will do a hard reset. This is what fixed my CarPlay issue; it may fix this.
I tried that twice along with a hard reset and it still happened. Only thing that seems to get it working again is letting it sit for an he or so then it works only to disconnect 15-20 later. It’s weird because it’s the radio volume that I lose and the ability to raise or lower the volume. But everything else on the screen works?

clayjoe

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost Antimatter Blue two-tone
Occupation
Teacher
Try taking out the antenna and putting back in. I do not think this will work, but it the closest to pull the plug and plug it back in I can think of.

PowerBoostSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet Powerboost
In addition to having most of what is mentioned above, my radio will NOT change Sirris stations (at all). It also does this mind numbing map suggestion EVERY time I start up on a new trip - it suggests a trip I should take, I x out the reminder and it bounces back up to SEVEN times! I am very frustrated with this infotainment system, it is very third rate given that the rest of the truck is really impressive. I have a long road trip ahead and will be disappointed if I have to listen to just one sirris station on my entire drive.

OP
OP
150ish

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
In addition to having most of what is mentioned above, my radio will NOT change Sirris stations (at all). It also does this mind numbing map suggestion EVERY time I start up on a new trip - it suggests a trip I should take, I x out the reminder and it bounces back up to SEVEN times! I am very frustrated with this infotainment system, it is very third rate given that the rest of the truck is really impressive. I have a long road trip ahead and will be disappointed if I have to listen to just one sirris station on my entire drive.
I couldn't agree more with your review. very third rate system. I get pissed when it kicks me off carplay and wont let me back unless I turn the truck off and open the door to completely reset everything. Nobody wants to do that on the highway.
On a side note, I'm currently driving a Nissan Frontier rental car and the carplay in it works flawless....

OP
OP
150ish

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
I’m having the same problem with my truck. Every morning I started up the radio works for about 15 minutes into my drive. Then the radio just turns off sometimes I can turn it back on other times the screen freezes! I contacted the dealership and they told me they were unaware of such a problem? I have it scheduled for next week for them to take a look at it. With only 668 miles and over $50,000 it’s very frustrating that a radio doesn’t work! I spoke to the Ford customer service already and the rep brought up ford buyback. If this isn’t resolved I’m sending it back. I’m not going to deal with it
Did you get a fix for this?

Sponsored

boy racer

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 1985 Mustang 5.0
My radio was working great from Day 1 until very recently. The only problem I've had is a long delay when switching satellite radio station. I would hit next button on the presets and it would take anywhere from 30-60 seconds to actually switch stations.
I will try the reset as described above but just found it odd that it just randomly started doing this after about 12,500 miles.

TarnishedCopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
Sometimes my radio will not connect to my cell phone at all even though I have it right there. I am using bluetooth to conenct to XM Radio since Ford couldn't provide the NAV package and Sirius/XM Radio built-in. I also get frequent disconnects of the bluetooth. I guess this is what you get with a $50,000 truck!! Trust me I am not very happy.
Sponsored