• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Question with possible DIY install amp and sub to the Lightning

DJ NV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I just found saw this vid on youtube @about 2:16:

:cool:(y) ... am wondering would this be a point to connect to for the positive line for an amp for a subwoofer.

I more than likely will get a Pro version with that 39K (w/o destination fee) price and all I would want is a subwoofer.

As a first EV vehicle, after delivery I would call around to see if any shops have experience with installing anything on EVs (am aprehensive to try any DIY on a first experience with an EV); but it would be nice if I could do it myself as I have done in the past (got a great Pioneer flat down firing box for under the rear bench).
Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Yes, you'd connect an amp to the battery just like in an ICE vehicle. The install principles are the same as on any other car, though you may not have a switched ignition. Many amps take high level inputs spliced in from the speakers so a standard turn-on lead isn't necessary.

newF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
The problem is figuring out where and getting to that 12v battery. Does the frunk cover\molding have to be removed?
I don't see how I can get to the battery on the Mach E I have.

OP
OP
DJ NV

DJ NV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Yes, you'd connect an amp to the battery just like in an ICE vehicle. The install principles are the same as on any other car, though you may not have a switched ignition. Many amps take high level inputs spliced in from the speakers so a standard turn-on lead isn't necessary.
?? thanks.

I never even thought of getting an EV before, so I never thought there would be good Ole 12v battery in these types of vehicles; guess makes sense since there are 12v outputs throughout.

I have a Lc2i so it sounds like a self install wouldn't be too bad ??.

OP
OP
DJ NV

DJ NV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
The problem is figuring out where and getting to that 12v battery. Does the frunk cover\molding have to be removed?
I don't see how I can get to the battery on the Mach E I have.

With car I have now, I followed the bundle of wires that enter the vehicle from under the steering column.

I had a 2017 Ridgeline and found a video on YouTube that they did an install and it perfectly showed an out through the hood release, into the fender on the driver side, into the engine bay.

Time will tell when we get our own truck.