Sponsored

Question for someone that has used Blue Cruise

Kickaha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
I just saw a Sandy Munroe video that demonstrated Blue Cruise. I am not sure if its even been launched yet but he was showing it on a Mach E so I am assuming it is available.

At a couple of points in the video, the dash screen starts flashing indicating the driver needs to reassert manual control - and keeps flashing even after manual driving has gone one for over 2 minutes. Is that how BC really works?

Just watching the video, I felt like I was having an epileptic seizure - and I dont have Epilepsy! I cant drive a car with that flashing display. Is there a way to disable that or choose a different way to alert the driver?

I have a F-150 Lightning reserved and I was looking forward to Blue Cruise but this is a deal breaker for me. Does anyone have real-world experience with BC yet?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
No one has it. It’s not out yet. And it will change and improve over time anyway so I wouldn’t worry.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I just saw a Sandy Munroe video that demonstrated Blue Cruise. I am not sure if its even been launched yet but he was showing it on a Mach E so I am assuming it is available.

At a couple of points in the video, the dash screen starts flashing indicating the driver needs to reassert manual control - and keeps flashing even after manual driving has gone one for over 2 minutes. Is that how BC really works?

Just watching the video, I felt like I was having an epileptic seizure - and I dont have Epilepsy! I cant drive a car with that flashing display. Is there a way to disable that or choose a different way to alert the driver?

I have a F-150 Lightning reserved and I was looking forward to Blue Cruise but this is a deal breaker for me. Does anyone have real-world experience with BC yet?

Thanks!
I think you are talking about how the camera picks up lighting on the dash, all cameras do this unless you change a setting then it won't pick up the road. Kind of how LED's look on camera

OP
OP

Kickaha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
I think you are talking about how the camera picks up lighting on the dash, all cameras do this unless you change a setting then it won't pick up the road. Kind of how LED's look on camera
I hope you right! I was very shocked to see this.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Yes, it's a LCD refresh vs camera shutter timing issue. You can get the same thing in an LED lit room if you set your video shutter speed to 30, 60, or 120 hz which matches or is a multiple of the 60 hz wall plug frequency. You will also see this in many online car reviews in the daytime driving lights as it looks like they flicker in the youtube video.

Bottom line, it's a video artifact and I won't be an issue during driving.

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
Saw that video and Ford does need to figure out the disengagement at "sharp curves" but overall seems to accomplish it's task well. I believe BlueCruise is a more advanced system that uses lidar mapped road images and GPS to help center along with the typical Co-Pilot hardware. Automatic lane changes (autopilot and supercruise) and using navigation to change lanes and take exits (autopilot) is likely achievable with software updates. I've always thought Ford and GM's systems on limited access highways was more what the average driver wanted that full self driving that doesn't always work like Tesla's (although I owned a Tesla and it was impressive.)
Sponsored