Sponsored

Question about "Front/Total" on the Production Weight Option document for Payload calculations

Velkyrion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I don't have my truck yet and came across this document that lists all the options weights, and then helps you calculate your projected payload sticker value. One thing I don't fully grasp is what it means by "Front/Total". I mean, total obviously means total weight of the options, but does anyone know what it means by "Front"?

Ford F-150 Question about "Front/Total" on the Production Weight Option document for Payload calculations 1637182085683
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Front is the portion of the weight that goes to the front axle I believe.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I read it as the weight rating of the front axle to meet the max weight capacity that was ordered. At the bottom it states that the front springs are computer selected for each weight requirements. When you put weight in the box of the truck, ahead of the rear axle, some of that weight is shared by the front axle and it has to be able to carry that transferred weight, plus passengers. I read it as total minus front weight rating would equal load capacity.
Sponsored