First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 2.7
Occupation
Accountant
So Im going to order a Lariat, black powerboost, but I dont like the chrome or the sport - one is too black the other too chrome. I love the Platinum satin grill and wheels its a perfect blend but dont want to spend that kind of money. How logical or expensive do you think it would be to buy the black sport lariat and swap out the grill and wheels by buying them OEM (and probably sell my wheels and grill on Craigslist or whatever). Actually I dont even mind the sport wheels (the 20s), so maybe just change the grill. If this is all a dumb idea please tell me
Sponsored

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So Im going to order a Lariat, black powerboost, but I dont like the chrome or the sport - one is too black the other too chrome. I love the Platinum satin grill and wheels its a perfect blend but dont want to spend that kind of money. How logical or expensive do you think it would be to buy the black sport lariat and swap out the grill and wheels by buying them OEM (and probably sell my wheels and grill on Craigslist or whatever). Actually I dont even mind the sport wheels (the 20s), so maybe just change the grill. If this is all a dumb idea please tell me
One thing to consider when deciding between chrome and sport is the interior. It appears the sport has some red trim that people either hate or like.

Switch out grills sounds expensive but I’m sure it can be done. Perhaps it could be painted ?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
anything can be done, and eventually there will be a ton of aftermarket mods like this. Getting one from Ford might prove expensive. Just my .02. Figure out the cost, and then how bad you want it.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
It would probably be much cheaper to have the grille bars and surround wrapped in the finish you prefer. There are endless "Brushed Aluminum" and brushed metallic vinyl films available.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
You said the sport is too black and the Chrome too chrome, what do you feel about the base model grill?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Coyote

Coyote

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 2.7
Occupation
Accountant
You said the sport is too black and the Chrome too chrome, what do you feel about the base model grill?
I'm not sure what you mean when you say base model grill? You mean the XLT maybe. Im stuck on 502A Lariat. In the 2020s XLT anyhow I have seen the lighter black grills and that looks good I think just slightly offset from the black. There is sooooo many black. on black trucks on the road here .all makes.

mike001va

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150
Occupation
retired
anyone know if.. I replace the 2021 XLT sport package grill
with the STX grill, does it come from parts dept already "code" painted ?

igor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
So i was going down a similar path for my 2018 Lariat Sport. My dealer said they could just order a pre-painted part directly from Ford - about $1,000. Alternatively, I trolled Ebay, and found I could get a pre-painted version for about $500-$600 --> but never went further to see if they were OEM or not.....

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
I'm on the same path with that mod!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I think Roger350 had the best idea

Sponsored

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
Sales
It would probably be much cheaper to have the grille bars and surround wrapped in the finish you prefer. There are endless "Brushed Aluminum" and brushed metallic vinyl films available.
How will this hold up through car washes and midwest winters?