Sponsored

Q4 for Max recline????

Jazroc56

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F1-50 Platinum, 2021 F 1-50 Platinum (ordered)
Occupation
Retired Army, Bartender
I just heard from my perspective dealership that Max recline seats will not be available until late 2021. Q4 to be precise! Has anyone heard this timeline? I knew it was originally late availability, but I thought that particular issue had been rectified. Q4his mind boggling!
Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I just heard from my perspective dealership that Max recline seats will not be available until late 2021. Q4 to be precise! Has anyone heard this timeline? I knew it was originally late availability, but I thought that particular issue had been rectified. Q4his mind boggling!
Max Recline showed up on the production & scheduling reports being posted on their own threads for a while at the beginning, but they have since fallen off those reports, and I was told at a drive event that the F-150 brand manager said they would be available in December 2020. I think your dealer is trying to reduce your expectations and/or doesn't know.

OP
OP
Jazroc56

Jazroc56

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Army, Bartender
Max Recline showed up on the production & scheduling reports being posted on their own threads for a while at the beginning, but they have since fallen off those reports, and I was told at a drive event that the F-150 brand manager said they would be available in December 2020. I think your dealer is trying to reduce your expectations and/or doesn't know.
Right!! I’m tracking this info as well. I’m inclined to think the latter... they just don’t know! I always seem to know more than the dealers and that’s beyond frustrating on the purchase of a 76k truck!!

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Right!! I’m tracking this info as well. I’m inclined to think the latter... they just don’t know! I always seem to know more than the dealers and that’s beyond frustrating on the purchase of a 76k truck!!
Most salesman aren't getting information much faster than us at this point, and they cannot devote as much time to one vehicle type as all of us obsessing here do...Not their fault. Now when they have product in house, and have gone through dealer training on said products and still don't know their @ss from their elbow, I usually ask them to refrain from trying to tell me anything about the structure/function of any of the hard parts, and concentrate on the useless crap that I cannot research like how the automatic high beam lights are disabled...

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

I feel the same way. Not trying to come off arrogant, but I absolutely know more about this new gen of F-150s than the Ford representatives at the test drive events, or the people at my dealer thus far. Don’t get me wrong, everyone has been more than professional and pleasant, but a bit lacking in information.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I mean 2022 model year trucks will be being manufactured by Q4 2021. Sounds like nonsense, hopefully it is...

OP
OP
Jazroc56

Jazroc56

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Army, Bartender
So My salesperson is waiting on a callback from ford on a definitive answer, but she’s supposedly being told by management that when they go to build my truck in the system, the Max Recline seats still pop up as late availability.

OP
OP
Jazroc56

Jazroc56

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Army, Bartender
OP
OP
Jazroc56

Jazroc56

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Army, Bartender
This is what I got from my salesperson this morning. WTF!!?

“The Ford Rep said that the recline option IS on late availability. He said the earliest would be July-Sep. probably more likely Oct-Dec”

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I don't believe this is accurate. It would be nice to know who his "Ford Rep" is. If this is true they will have a lot of very angry customers, but it just does not track with what we've read on the production constraint reports.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jazroc56

Jazroc56

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Army, Bartender
I don't believe this is accurate. It would be nice to know who his "Ford Rep" is. If this is true they will have a lot of very angry customers, but it just does not track with what we've read on the production constraint reports.
Listen, I am in total agreement with you bro, and I even went as far as to send my salesperson a screenshot of the most recent production constraint report. I wasn’t going to accept her answer that this option was still late availability so she agreed to reach out to her Ford Rep for a more definitive answer. The above quote was her response verbatim. I am really at a loss and beyond confused and frustrated at this point.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Listen, I am in total agreement with you bro, and I even went as far as to send my salesperson a screenshot of the most recent production constraint report. I wasn’t going to accept her answer that this option was still late availability so she agreed to reach out to her Ford Rep for a more definitive answer. The above quote was her response verbatim. I am really at a loss and beyond confused and frustrated at this point.
I mean they have been listed as late availability since day one in every press release and publication Ford issued that talked about them. And all that data is still out there. They are still late availability, and nothing published states it any differently. If you asked them if they are still late availability, they are absolutely going to say they are.

But if you look at the original production updates that were posted here in Sep/Oct, they were clearly identified as late availability and not available for scheduling, and then sometime early/mid Nov, they disappeared from the constraint list for trucks being scheduled for production around 12/10. And that date was in line with what I was told at a Drive Event (I asked the question on a Wed, they sent it off to someone in Detroit, and when I returned Fri for round two of my drives I asked if they got an update and they had, and they quoted the F-150 Brand Manager saying they would be available for build two weeks after OKTB). Technically speaking, they are still late availability, since they were not available at the beginning of production.

I think you are putting too much faith in what your dealership is telling you. And you are likely to drive yourself nuts trying to get concrete evidence to support either claim. They will continue to list them as late availability, but there is no way it will be Q4 2021. But don't worry, no one is getting anything right now with all the other constraints and quality holds, so you might as well wait it out.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Wow.....not until Q4 of 2021?

I really doubt it’ll be that late but if does comes to fruition, Ford might as well wait until the 2022 model year F150.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t think @Granger Ford is available. I sent him a PM a week ago with no response. Hope he’s alright!
I wouldn’t worry too much. Dude is probably in massive crunch time mode with the deployments of the F-150, Bronco, and Mach-E.

He is also pretty active on our sister forum, Bronco6G.com. Probably just busy with all this going on...
Sponsored