First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
USN Retired
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PB....Just checked on purchasing a Ford extended warranty, 7/150K. I haven't checked my local Ford dealer, but some have said its extremely high in Florida, guess I should. Received an online quote from Zeigler and its up there, I guess because of living in Florida. Checked on purchasing using another state, like NC and the difference is well over $500. Any idea of what/any repercussions, voided warranty, etc, if I use my daughters address in NC for purchasing an extended warranty, claiming NC but still being registered in Florida? Anyone tried that? Cheating the system? Possibly, but personally I would consider it interstate commerce :rolleyes::)

Additionally, for those that have these warranties, what do you recommend for coverage; Premium Care OR Extra care, also a ~$500-$600 difference?

Any recommendations from those that have purchased Ford extended warranties, best coverages, companies, plans, out-of-state, etc? Thanks
Sponsored

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
I can't comment on buying out of state..

As for the warranty itself, I would recommend the Premium Care.. Depending on how long you are planning on keeping the truck, and how many miles you drive, you can decide on the miles years..

I did buy the additional warranty for the LED lights.. Recently there was a thread about how much a tail light assembly costs.. A head lamp assembly will probably pay for the whole warranty..

I also got a fairly low deductible..

I also have the rental reimbursement at the higher level.. I think it is totally worth it..

I haven't had to use any of it yet.. But the price of all of this from Granger is totally worth the peace of mind for me..

OP
OP
Cobra129

Cobra129

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
USN Retired
Thank you SM, I plan to keep it for at least that long and I usually put about 16-20K miles/yr.

Reactions: STM

Bronco574

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Avalanche, PB, BAP MaxT FX4
Occupation
Retired
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PB....Just checked on purchasing a Ford extended warranty, 7/150K. I haven't checked my local Ford dealer, but some have said its extremely high in Florida, guess I should. Received an online quote from Zeigler and its up there, I guess because of living in Florida. Checked on purchasing using another state, like NC and the difference is well over $500. Any idea of what/any repercussions, voided warranty, etc, if I use my daughters address in NC for purchasing an extended warranty, claiming NC but still being registered in Florida? Anyone tried that? Cheating the system? Possibly, but personally I would consider it interstate commerce :rolleyes::)

Additionally, for those that have these warranties, what do you recommend for coverage; Premium Care OR Extra care, also a ~$500-$600 difference?

Any recommendations from those that have purchased Ford extended warranties, best coverages, companies, plans, out-of-state, etc? Thanks

Bronco574

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Avalanche, PB, BAP MaxT FX4
Occupation
Retired
The thing w ford extended warranty is that u can cash it in anytime, so if u have a change of heart, it’s prorated,

Sponsored

wayne b

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
on the topic of ESP - does anyone have any experience buying one in California after the ban on out of state ESPs went into effect?

JoeRedFly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Working
As with most insurance, I'd prefer to stick the cash in savings bonds. Insurance companies make insane profits for a reason. There are some that come out ahead in the deal, but most don't.

adyaro77

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
I highly recommend Ford's premium extended warranty. Just read the fine print if you are going to make modifications. I also strongly recommend purchasing it on your own and not at the dealership. You have up to 36,000 miles to purchase it on your own, and will always be cheaper than at the dealership. I had them on every new vehicle since 2006 for personal and for my own work vans. The only claim they denied was rust at the top of the windshield on my Econoline 250(was a known manufacturing defect). Even got a new transmission at 80k miles.

I have also had Endurance on a F250 and they were good. Had a lot of issues in a short time and they covered them all. Fuel pump and drive train. Only issues is they use another company for billing. Also, to cancel you need to fill out an odometer statement and have it notarized.

I currently have Lithia motors through Suburban Ford and paid way to much. It does let me make modifications like lifts up to 2 inch and exhaust, but has tire size restrictions. I can't comment on the service because I haven't used it yet.

What is nice about my dealership is they will do the modifications. I asked the service manager point blank before my lift. So now if something happens you can point your finger at them. The other dealership I used to use wouldn't install Fox/ Roush shocks. Said it voided my warranty.

Just somethings to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra129

Cobra129

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
USN Retired
Thank you Anthony, appreciate the info and I don't plan on any modifications.

PowerBoostSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet Powerboost
I bought one from my dealer when I got my truck, zero deductable 8/140K, came with 10 free oil changes, towing, cheaper rental car, etc. Given how much stuff is on these new trucks and that I will likely keep this one for 200K+ miles it seemed like a good deal.

OP
OP
Cobra129

Cobra129

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
USN Retired
Exactly, with all the technology involved in today's vehicles, it is becoming far more expensive to fix problems...definitely worth it.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Ranger; 24 F-150 XL 4x4 RCSB ordered
Occupation
Retired USAF
Granger Ford in Granger Iowa, just north of Des Moines. ESP is $50 over dealer cost. A lot of folks on ranger5g.com got theirs from them. Haven't heard of any complaints. They also make incredible deals on new cars/trucks. Ordered my 24 F-150 XL 4x4 5.0 from them.....price on Ford's Build and Price is $44, 580, Granger's price is $41,007 + tax. They do A LOT of business from all over the US.

OP
OP
Cobra129

Cobra129

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
USN Retired
Heard good things about Granger....looking at their ESP (Ford Care) plans....I will have to claim NC for my truck.
Sponsored