First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
Just went out and checked mine. Most all of them took a little shove and seated on down...but nothing major. Mine would probably have been fine, but good to know to go ahead and check them. I'm sure it's always better to have them completely seated in the fuse socket than to have even a little play. Thanks OP.
Sponsored

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
Thanks, just checked mine most of them where not all the way in.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
I’m not sure if “by design” but no issues with my truck. I have 10,500 miles on my Powerboost over 5 months with a lot of off-road and some teeth-chattering 40 mph wash board gravel roads and none were dislodged all still as installed.
Cool. I haven't had any issues either though I don't have as many miles yet. Sounds like "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" would apply here.

Tang

First Name
David Pollitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford f150 XLT 3.0 diesel
Occupation
Retired
I’m not sure if “by design” but no issues with my truck. I have 10,500 miles on my Powerboost over 5 months with a lot of off-road and some teeth-chattering 40 mph wash board gravel roads and none were dislodged all still as installed.
Nothing like a washboard country road to iron out kinks in machinery.

bpost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Almost every single fuse and all relays were out by almost 1/8"
Now I'll wait and see if any of my issues go away. I really want the complete loss of power while turning right to go away before I end up getting T-Boned.
Thank you for saying this! I am having the same issue and it is extremely dangerous. I can't imagine it having anything to do with fuses but still. Several times, when turning right from a stop the transmission will not engage for a full second or more and there is no power all while cars are coming at me.

Please let us know if you every get any answers on this issue.

Sponsored

pbmwannabe

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Wow, just checked mine. Just about every one of them slid down a bit more...

sportv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 2017 Ford Focus
Occupation
Boiler Operator
Mine were lose also 2021 short bed single cab.

Mr. Zog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5L EB, 5.5' Space White
Jeez - same here. Just checked mine after seeing this post. None about to fall out - but also none were fully seated! Great PSA!

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Greetings everyone! I have had my platinum since mid July and I have seen this post now and then. I never checked my fuses because I couldn't believe that Ford's quality control could be so lax, but on a whim decided to check under the hood. Most all of the fuses pushed further into the box. The fuses by the passenger foot were fine. I was surprised by this, but shouldn't have been. Thanks to all that post on this forum!

Sponsored

twelpo19

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Rach, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Consultant
Thank you for the PSA thread. I just checked mine and sure enough many needed seating. Was not having any issue, precautionary.

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
Thank you for saying this! I am having the same issue and it is extremely dangerous. I can't imagine it having anything to do with fuses but still. Several times, when turning right from a stop the transmission will not engage for a full second or more and there is no power all while cars are coming at me.

Please let us know if you every get any answers on this issue.
Obviously the fuses didn't fix the problem. That was just wishful thinking on my part.
The Ford representative on this site contacted me about this issue and moved my complaint up to Ford customer service. Customer serviced called me and didn't have a clue why they were calling me, lol. I told the guy the issue and his response was "oh, you should take it to your dealer and have it diagnosed." This is after me saying I needed a loaner vehicle before I could drop my truck off to have looked at. So, it's still unresolved.....

GFDF150

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT, ‘20 Fusion SE Hybrid, ‘13 Explorer
Occupation
Marketing Manager
Thanks! I checked my fuses and, like everyone else, I pushed them all in further. I wonder if this is unique to 2021s?

JJLikesIt

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Lariat 3.5L FX4 Sport
Occupation
BlueLine
Yup happened to me. Was on a family vacation and out in the “no wireless service zone”. Infotainment went black. Lucky I wasn’t hooked up to our trailer at the time but was in panic mode because that’s where you enter your trailer info when you’re plugged into one.

user manual? It’s on the infotainment centre. Went paperless for the most part and had no cell reception

went back to the good old days of thinking and sure enough. Every. Single. Fuse. Barely touching. Pushed them all down.
Screen came back up later

gb7FRz26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew Short Bed, 2010 Prius
@Roady thank you for the PSA. Sure enough the mini blade fuses and the Littelfuse slotted mcase 32vdc fuses were 1 to 3 mm out. Grabbed a picture of one I pushed in versus untouched.
All the 50A and higher fusible links didn't move.
Truck was built at the Kansas plant in February.

Ford F-150 PSA: Check your fuses for full seating! 1
Sponsored