Sponsored

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat, 2019 XT4
Same here! I’d say about a third of them took a push to seat them better, mostly the smaller ones. The larger fuses were fine.
Sponsored

Radioguy

First Name
Jock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet, 2005 F350 XLT
Mine were the same. Definitely not loose enough to ever cause a poor connection but not seated all the way.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
I wonder how many of the various electrical gremlins we see here can be attributed to this…can definitely see a fuse having a poor connection causing random trailer brake errors or lane keep errors etc

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I tried chatting with Ford on the Ford pass app but they said they were having a technical problems so they couldn't transfer the chat higher up... then I got disconnected. I tried calling their 1-800 customer service number to start a case about this issue by recommendation of my dealer.. not luck got disconnected. I give up. I did speak with the service manager at my dealer and he said he would send an email to his contacts but who knows if that will happen... If anyone else has any ideas and wants to try and clue Ford in on this go for it.
there is a Ford rep that is on this forum

OP
OP
Roady

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I wonder how many of the various electrical gremlins we see here can be attributed to this…can definitely see a fuse having a poor connection causing random trailer brake errors or lane keep errors etc
100% agree. I wasn't having issues and like others have stated here, most of mine just needed that final "click". But...... I had three fuses that were destined to fail at some point.

Sponsored

Roger1108

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 F250 Turbo Diesel,2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: :)

If you currently own a 2021 F150, check the fuse block under the hood, on the passenger side, near the windshield. After seeing several comments about it, I popped my hood today and removed the fuse cover. I was astonished at how many fuses were not seated correctly. I estimate that 90 percent of mine were not seated. Three of them were barely making a connection. I'm positive that a well placed pothole would have taken them out completely at some point. This has been a common problem among 21 owners and has caused issues. So save yourself a headache later on and take 5 minutes to check. I'm betting most of you will find the same scenario I did.
OMG, almost all of my fuses were not seated either, thank you. GOOD find too!!

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Almost all mine including the two big black square ones were loose. Pretty sad in terms of quality control but I'm sure Ford will just say "that's normal"

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
55 out of the 61 that I counted were loose, including the big block fuse…Crazy.not sure if by coincidence but when I pushed one of them I heard some clicking sound from the engine bay?

r150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost XLT FX4
Add me to the list. Probably 75% weren’t seated all the way, including the larger ones.

BCP28

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 2023 Ford Mach-E4x
Occupation
Engineer
Same here, checked both my Powerboost and my sister's 3.5L and pretty much all the fuses and relays needed a good push. Thanks for the PSA! ?

Sponsored

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ
My moonroof didn’t work when I got my truck home in April. The fuse in the passenger side footwell wasn’t seated correctly.

Duckgumbeaux

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the warning. Checked mine this AM and over 75% were not seated completely. A mixture of large and small fuses

Duckgumbeaux

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the warning. Checked mine this AM and over 75% were not seated completely. A mixture of large and small fuses

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Yes. Thanks for the info. About 50% of the fuses under the hood were not fully "clicked" in. Mostly the small guys. Hard to say if they would have worked themselves out in time. All the body control module fuses were completely seated.
Fuse box assembly is probably an automated process. Ford needs to have the machine push down a little harder.
Sponsored