proximity sensors on front bumper?

AlxMlr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Oxford XLT - 4WD
Now that’s weird! My comment is only referring to the 502a on the lariats since every package and trim level is so different lol.
That's interesting! I have a 2022 402A without blue cruise and got six sensors. I was 100% expecting it to not have any sensors, or four sensors. It is an early 2022 build though.
Looks like even this one has no blue cruise (no sensors on interior A pillar) yet has 6 sensors.
My guess is something to do with the off roadness of the tremor? Who knows!

Ford F-150 proximity sensors on front bumper? 6D5AB755-F251-42DD-9EFF-7C72B402AFA1
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Looks like even this one has no blue cruise (no sensors on interior A pillar) yet has 6 sensors.
My guess is something to do with the off roadness of the tremor? Who knows!

6D5AB755-F251-42DD-9EFF-7C72B402AFA1.png
Not sure what you are trying to show in the picture. But the sensor is on the drivers side A pillar.

AlxMlr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Oxford XLT - 4WD
Not sure what you are trying to show in the picture. But the sensor is on the drivers side A pillar.
Ah thought it was on both. I clicked play further and there was a sensor on the drivers side.

No Idea on the method to their madness for their sensors on the tremor then. @Mangolorian222 - are you sure you don’t have a BC sensor on the inside of your pillar?

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Shelby Raptor. 05 AEV Jeep TJ4.6 SC. 21 Lariat
Occupation
Business owner
Pics of the front now that i finished installing the sensors. I will provide a better post once i figure out how to get them working.

Interested to know if you got them operating and if so what needed to be done in the various modules.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Do the sensors come painted? or ready to paint?

Sponsored

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Do the sensors come painted? or ready to paint?
They were a very soft black plastic. I purchased a spray can of silver metallic paint and primer in one and painted them myself before installing them. Just be sure to be patient and let them dry/cure fully before installing them :). I was in too much of a hurry myself and ended up getting fingerprints all over the smooth finish.

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Completely separate topic; if you ever plan on modifying/removing your air dam/active air dam, you will probably want to go ahead and remove them while you have your front bumper removed. My current mod is to install the tremor skid plate instead of having the air dam. Had i thought about it at the time, i would have gone ahead and removed them then to save me a lot of work now.
Sponsored