Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 SC 2.7EB
Occupation
vintage motorcycle restoration
After having it about 3 weeks now, a few observations. The cons-

1) It is a rattle trap. I had to shim panels in 5 places to get rid of the most obnoxious rattles. There is no excuse for this in a new vehicle. See pics.
2) I thought my Nissan had the worst/cheapest backup camera made but this one is worse- all washed out and fuzzy.
3) Android Auto works well if you want to let it pick what it thinks you want to see. I turned it off since it was constantly on maps and draining the phone battery and you can't choose what you want on the screen.
4) Hard to get used to a key after 3 cars/trucks with push button start. The cheapest base cars have PB start now but Ford thinks it's some sort of super high end feature.

The pros-
1) It rides and drives nice. It has the 20in wheels on the STX package so that may help but no complaints other than I may add a rear sway bar.
2) The 2.7 EB is a great engine. Plenty of power and averaging 21 mpg so far.
3) The trans in this truck is pretty decent- not as good as the ZF 8 speed in a Ram but almost infinitely better than the 10 sp in my 18 F150.
3) The seats are good and this truck has the console which makes it feel like a totally different truck than one with the fold down seat/armrest.
4) Ford Pass is a mixed bag but considering its free, a nice feature it you want to remote start your truck, etc.
5) Huge discounts and rebates and 1.9% financing made the truck a deal. The con is that when you have to put 14K of discounts on the hood of a truck, you have a problem and resale will reflect that. But, that may work itself out after they finally get rid of all the leftover 23's.

Generally pretty happy with the truck except for all the rattles which can really drive you crazy.

Ford F-150 Pros/cons with my new F150 after a few weeks PXL_20240514_175720000

Ford F-150 Pros/cons with my new F150 after a few weeks PXL_20240514_175732523

Ford F-150 Pros/cons with my new F150 after a few weeks PXL_20240514_175743082

Ford F-150 Pros/cons with my new F150 after a few weeks PXL_20240514_175748104
Sponsored

SingleSpeed427

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM REBEL (every option)
Oh no.. the rattles will drive me crazy if mine ends up having them too. I'll end up becoming an expert on 2024 F150 interior disassembly. :facepalm:

That's one thing I'll give my 2019 Rebel... it is still as quiet as when I got it.. not 1 rattle (except the crap that passengers leave in their door pocket over and over.. wtf? 😁 )

CoolCoyote

First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Fusion
Oh no.. the rattles will drive me crazy if mine ends up having them too. I'll end up becoming an expert on 2024 F150 interior disassembly. :facepalm:

That's one thing I'll give my 2019 Rebel... it is still as quiet as when I got it.. not 1 rattle (except the crap that passengers leave in their door pocket over and over.. wtf? 😁 )
Be prepared. Yours WILL have rattles. Ford does not give a single shit about that.

OP
OP
National Superbike

National Superbike

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 SC 2.7EB
Occupation
Be prepared. Yours WILL have rattles. Ford does not give a single shit about that.
dealers don't care either... this was a service loaner with 2000 miles on it and there is no way the people who used it didn't say something about it because it was bad.

franksfords

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150,2007 Explorer,2018 Explorer,2023 F150
Occupation
computer technician
I've had my XL about a month. just over 600 miles. no rattles yet. my Android Auto works fine except that I thought all Sync 4's had wireless but I can't seem to figure that out. I get a message to connect a cable to my device. I'm happy with it so far

Sponsored

gtchs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 RCSB
I've had my XL about a month. just over 600 miles. no rattles yet. my Android Auto works fine except that I thought all Sync 4's had wireless but I can't seem to figure that out. I get a message to connect a cable to my device. I'm happy with it so far
It does support wireless Android Auto. Not sure why it isn't working for you though.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
My 302A PB is super quiet and the 360 cameras are so good I hate driving regular vehicles now that pretend to have useful technology. 360 cameras, wireless Apple CarPlay on the 12” screen and 430hp. Mid level super truck

franksfords

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150,2007 Explorer,2018 Explorer,2023 F150
Occupation
computer technician
Which phone/Android OS version?
I just figured it out. Double checked by watching a youtube video . Removed device from truck. Checked all my android auto settings, was able to add successfully. I don't know what I did wrong when I first got truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I've had my XL about a month. just over 600 miles. no rattles yet.
My 302A PB is super quiet and the 360 cameras are so good I hate driving regular vehicles now that pretend to have useful technology.
Looks like it could go either way?

Mine is 2 years old and has only the slightest rattle in the front passenger seat if it's empty and I'm on a poor enough road surface. It's noticeable mostly because the truck is so dang quiet otherwise. Especially in EV mode.

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Looks like it could go either way?

Mine is 2 years old and has only the slightest rattle in the front passenger seat if it's empty and I'm on a poor enough road surface. It's noticeable mostly because the truck is so dang quiet otherwise. Especially in EV mode.
King Ranch though, they add extra isolation between panels and insulation too. XL and XLT don’t get that treatment. My STX interior rattles and creaks going over big bumps for sure.

I don’t complain about it though, for a basic truck it’s plush enough. Ford did soft touch stitched vinyl on arm wrests and center console, which is much nicer looking/feeling than an equivalent Ram or Chevy (Warlock or Custom) with their hard plastic.

Rick R

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 XLT 2.7L EB, 4x4, 5.5’, Towing Pkg
Occupation
Retired
Mine is a pretty plain Jane 23 XLT and it must be defective or I’m going deaf because there are no persistent rattles or squeaks and squeaks drive me crazy. As in hunt it down and kill it krazy. My 300 yard long driveway is a bit rough and the gun club I shoot at twice a week is a mile plus out a mine road. Nothing has shaken loose yet.

Owned it for a bit over 4 months and 12,000 miles. 2.7 EB and I get 21.7mpg around town, up to 24ish on road trips.
My 4.0ltr 2011 Taco never got over 20mpg and wasn’t as quick as the EB in “Normal” mode.

The single tailgate camera on the Taco was laughable compared to those on the F150

I did trade up my iPhone soon after buying the truck because all the connections cratered the battery on the old one pretty fast.

OP
OP
National Superbike

National Superbike

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 SC 2.7EB
Occupation
King Ranch though, they add extra isolation between panels and insulation too. XL and XLT don’t get that treatment. My STX interior rattles and creaks going over big bumps for sure.

I don’t complain about it though, for a basic truck it’s plush enough. Ford did soft touch stitched vinyl on arm wrests and center console, which is much nicer looking/feeling than an equivalent Ram or Chevy (Warlock or Custom) with their hard plastic.
Yeah, I have no complaints with the interior. With the console, it is nice looking and comfortable. It is also quiet (now that I've chased down the rattles) and rides good, too.

OP
OP
National Superbike

National Superbike

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 SC 2.7EB
Occupation
Mine is a pretty plain Jane 23 XLT and it must be defective or I’m going deaf because there are no persistent rattles or squeaks and squeaks drive me crazy. As in hunt it down and kill it krazy. My 300 yard long driveway is a bit rough and the gun club I shoot at twice a week is a mile plus out a mine road. Nothing has shaken loose yet.

Owned it for a bit over 4 months and 12,000 miles. 2.7 EB and I get 21.7mpg around town, up to 24ish on road trips.
My 4.0ltr 2011 Taco never got over 20mpg and wasn’t as quick as the EB in “Normal” mode.

The single tailgate camera on the Taco was laughable compared to those on the F150

I did trade up my iPhone soon after buying the truck because all the connections cratered the battery on the old one pretty fast.
After disabling AA, my battery is back to normal. I actually don't miss it at all since the regular BT still reads texts, voice dials, etc.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
After disabling AA, my battery is back to normal. I actually don't miss it at all since the regular BT still reads texts, voice dials, etc.
Sync4 even reads emails (primary account)
I can monitor sender and subject and know whether I need to pull over and address an issue.
I'm not 100% no-Android Auto. But I rarely use it.
Sponsored