Sponsored

ProPower espresso machine

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
This may seem completely stupid, but I often find myself in search of a quick espresso after my early morning workout or in the afternoon. Either I'm not close to a coffee shop, don't have the time, or the coffee at work just sucks. So I'm going to buy a small espresso machine for my truck. I think a Nespresso type makes the most sense, but I'm flexible. The only thing that bothers me about their (small) machines is that they are not really meant for travel, so the water tank isn't firmly fastened. The ideal machine would have an integral water tank that you can leave filled, but is still small.

The Nespresso Essence looks cool. But this looks even cooler nanopresso, and there is an option for the Nespresso capsules. The problem is that with the latter, I'd need to heat the water separately.

Does anyone keep a coffee machine in their truck and have any recommendations?
Sponsored

Last edited:

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I don't keep one there but I've used 2 different keurigs in mine (a tank one and a single serve one). The tank version takes 7-10 amps while heating the holding chamber, and the single serve too 6-8 amps while brewing. Truck handles them easily.

I would get one with the tank and used pod chamber as it doesn't look like it would tip while driving due to the wider base. (we have one at home)

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Not as much fun as a fresh cup o' Joe, but this uses less electricity:
Ford F-150 ProPower espresso machine abc

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
I can't answer your main question, but would give a solid 5-stars to the Nanopresso! I have one I use at home (I don't have an espresso machine) and it works great, and IMHO makes a nice single-shot.

But it does take a little longer to use, at least how I've been taught - you run hot water thru it empty to 'pre-heat' everything, then run it again with grounds to make sure your shot comes out near the right temperature. Its also a little messy - not something I would use inside any vehicle other than farm/construction equipment (I'll leave you all to imagine the looks one would get using a hand-pumped espresso machine sitting in a Cat or John Deer...).

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
The idea of running one of these while driving just strikes me a an inviation to disaster... I've used a keurig machine, while stopped and standing in the pax door... worked just fine...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lippy

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
The idea of running one of these while driving just strikes me a an inviation to disaster... I've used a keurig machine, while stopped and standing in the pax door... worked just fine...
I wouldn’t run it while driving. I just want it in the truck and would use it while parked.

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
This is such a great idea, especially for long trips.