First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 lariat, 2002 F-150 SVT Lightning
Occupation
I do things for the government
Is there a way to program auto parking brake. I had this in my Porsche and BMW and really enjoyed not having to remember to set it. I know you can set it when the rear camera is on. I have searched for a few days off and on and can't find the answer.
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
It's in the manual that it is supposed to automatically set under certain conditions. An incline is supposed to trigger it along with not having brake pedal fully pressed when shifting to park. If your parking brake is on it will turn itself off as soon as you hit the gas pedal.

OP
OP
Mongo

Mongo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 lariat, 2002 F-150 SVT Lightning
Occupation
I do things for the government
It's in the manual that it is supposed to automatically set under certain conditions. An incline is supposed to trigger it along with not having brake pedal fully pressed when shifting to park. If your parking brake is on it will turn itself off as soon as you hit the gas pedal.
I understand that I was trying to enable it all the time, so that anytime I put it in park the brake sets regardless of the certain conditions

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
I understand that I was trying to enable it all the time, so that anytime I put it in park the brake sets regardless of the certain conditions
Well you can kinda trigger this on demand, when the door is opened while on and in drive, it will shift to park and apply the ebrake. Then turn it off. Not sure if it's seatbelt dependent, but it is easy to trigger. I rarely shift to park manually. Mach-e is the same way, I just hop out / turn it off.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
iirc its in the OM to set when you select park..
crap i can only find how to make it release
its late

Last edited:

Sponsored

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
there's no setting for it as far as we know.
my Ram 1500 has the option in the head unit settings though lol.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Well you can kinda trigger this on demand, when the door is opened while on and in drive, it will shift to park and apply the ebrake. Then turn it off. Not sure if it's seatbelt dependent, but it is easy to trigger. I rarely shift to park manually. Mach-e is the same way, I just hop out / turn it off.
I wouldn't count on that. Pulled up to gate at work this morning and I open door to badge in because it is quicker than waiting on window. Normally shifts to park as soon as I open door. Today just give me the chimes and alert on dash that it isn't in park. Tried it again when I got to a parking spot and same thing. Just no longer shifting itself into park.
Only thing different is the OTA update for propower. I was not at work last week to open door with truck in drive.

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
I wouldn't count on that. Pulled up to gate at work this morning and I open door to badge in because it is quicker than waiting on window. Normally shifts to park as soon as I open door. Today just give me the chimes and alert on dash that it isn't in park. Tried it again when I got to a parking spot and same thing. Just no longer shifting itself into park.
Only thing different is the OTA update for propower. I was not at work last week to open door with truck in drive.
Was your seatbelt on? If your seatbelt is on, Opening the door will not trigger a "Shift to park" event.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Were you wearing your seat belt? I noticed mine will shift every time with my belt off, but when it's on but we'll just chime, just curious.

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
I discovered this a couple weeks ago. Imagine my surprise watching my column shifter cycling up to park and then kicking the emergency brake on as well. I believe it works with Auto Hold as well.

I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt though. So unbuckling and then opening the door seems to cause this. I'll try it later.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
yup
i searched this morning and only found auto hold
but i know in trailer tow mode. my truck sets the brake if i open the door and put truck in park
everytime
but i cant find anything to drive to set any other time
i was wrong last night.

Mladen5375

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lariat powerboost, 2018 G80 Sport 3.3T
Occupation
Engineer
Auto Hold has to be active. Once you put in Park, parking brake will be engaged

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
I use auto hold, I also typically lose the seatbelt upon leaving the roadway if the trip was even long enough to warrant it. I've got a few trips I take that aren't even really worthy of driving, but the EV was bought because like a golf cart, you get in and go. I do enough walking that 90+ degree heat with humidity and the resulting sweat fest it quickly brings on is avoidable :)

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Were you wearing your seat belt? I noticed mine will shift every time with my belt off, but when it's on but we'll just chime, just curious.
I've never taken off my seat belt and it would shift to park. Been annoying the hell out of me since I bought the truck and have same routine arriving at work and needing to badge in.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
When I connect my trailer I need the parking brake to come on when I am over the ball. My 2011 always rolls a bit when I put into park. With my 2022 I just open my door. It shifts to park and sets the brakes. I hated auto brake.
Sponsored