Sponsored

Professional ceramic coating with best shine?

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
I've been using System X Renew Ceramic Spray Coating DIY. It really gives a great shine, and has a slick finish and feel. But it only lasts about four to six weeks, depending on how many washes. It costs $60, for a 16.9 oz bottle. I need help with suggestions, on a professional ceramic coating that's really gonna pop. I want my Rapid Red to look like glass coming down the street. I've pulled up on a lot of trucks with professional Ceramic coating, and mine was more glassy than theirs. Please help a rookie out. 🤓
Ford F-150 Professional ceramic coating with best shine? 20230528_134620~6
Sponsored

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
I'm not familiar with System X, which is not surprising given that any tire shop can contact one of the big 3 blenders and have their name slapped on a bottle of the next miracle product...that aside, you're getting hosed with that price. Even CarPro Reload is $20 cheaper and they have the name reputation to back it. Probably get the similar lifespan which typical for a spray product. You could try layering it or fork up the $1-3k for a correction/coating. And CarPro would be my recommendation, search their website for a certified installer in your area. You'll probably find more installers locally using Gtechniq or something you've never heard of.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
I will say, I've used bottled Mothers, Griots, Adams ceramic, it shines, but doesn't have the protection like a real ceramic coating again sheeting water, rain and etc.
The quick detailers are great in between.

Wifes Black Highlander after professionally done. Her car is easier than my uncoated truck to clean LOL

Ford F-150 Professional ceramic coating with best shine? IMG_20221112_131729_resized

Ford F-150 Professional ceramic coating with best shine? 20221112_165140_resized

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
I like Adams graphene spray based solely on the ease of applying. Has a great shine when first applied, but to keep it you will need to reapply a few times a year. I dont think that there is something with the best of both worlds (otherwise everyone would already use it). You either have something that is cheap and easy to apply, but doesnt last long, or the opposite.

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I’ve been using gtechniq crystal serum lite (csl)and exo for a few years now on my vehicles. Lasts about 3-4 years with proper maintenance and is easy to apply. Surface prep is key before applying a coating. Even when I got my 21 I did a light paint correction prior to applying. My ‘16 was black so I learned how to correct paint and properly do the upkeep.

Sponsored

Fat Vinnie

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 Excursion & Expedition 14 CMax 22 PB Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Just my two cents but this $14 product has worked out very well. Hand wash and you can coat a 157” with a shell in less than 15 minutes. Offroad mud and fine dust just hoses off, very easy to wash and remove tree sap, jet fuel spots, and general road grime. I’ve gotten 5 coatings in one year and still have 1/3 bottle left.
Ford F-150 Professional ceramic coating with best shine? IMG_0561

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
I'm not familiar with System X, which is not surprising given that any tire shop can contact one of the big 3 blenders and have their name slapped on a bottle of the next miracle product...that aside, you're getting hosed with that price. Even CarPro Reload is $20 cheaper and they have the name reputation to back it. Probably get the similar lifespan which typical for a spray product. You could try layering it or fork up the $1-3k for a correction/coating. And CarPro would be my recommendation, search their website for a certified installer in your area. You'll probably find more installers locally using Gtechniq or something you've never heard of.

Any other in the CarPro line is Hydro2. Very easy to apply, simply wash the car, leave it wet then spritz it with the Hydro2. Then spray it off with water, preferably using a pressure washer. I use this on my wife's car as well as the wheels and get from 4-6 weeks out of it.

RociPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21-F150-XLT-PowerBoost
I have only ever used carpro reload spray on my truck, and I have been very happy with it. You can get a really thick coating by layering it, but a single light coat will last a few weeks in the harshest environmental conditions. If you have a garage you will have even better results, but since my truck is always outside it needs to be re applied every few weeks to keep it protected. Speaking for myself, I can’t imagine spending thousands of dollars for somebody to do a professional coating. If I was going that route, I would find somebody from carpro’s website.

Ford F-150 Professional ceramic coating with best shine? IMG_9503

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
I have only ever used carpro reload spray on my truck, and I have been very happy with it. You can get a really thick coating by layering it, but a single light coat will last a few weeks in the harshest environmental conditions. If you have a garage you will have even better results, but since my truck is always outside it needs to be re applied every few weeks to keep it protected. Speaking for myself, I can’t imagine spending thousands of dollars for somebody to do a professional coating. If I was going that route, I would find somebody from carpro’s website.

IMG_9503.jpeg
Your truck looks great, and I agree with you. I'm not paying that kind of money either.

Myrnavashaw

First Name
Myrna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
I've been using System X Renew Ceramic Spray Coating DIY. It really gives a great shine, and has a slick finish and feel. But it only lasts about four to six weeks, depending on how many washes. It costs $60, for a 16.9 oz bottle. I need help with suggestions, on a professional ceramic coating that's really gonna pop. I want my Rapid Red to look like glass coming down the street. I've pulled up on a lot of trucks with professional Ceramic coating, and mine was more glassy than theirs. Please help a rookie out. 🤓
20230528_134620~6.jpg
We had ours done with OptiCoat for a 5 year warranty.

Sponsored

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
I’ve been using gtechniq crystal serum lite (csl)and exo for a few years now on my vehicles. Lasts about 3-4 years with proper maintenance and is easy to apply. Surface prep is key before applying a coating. Even when I got my 21 I did a light paint correction prior to applying. My ‘16 was black so I learned how to correct paint and properly do the upkeep.
This^^ its a marriage and ceramic maintenance is where you see (initial) ROI. Nothing like a sharp whip in a home depot parking lot.

+1 @Graygoose2021 for Griots. Haven't messed with there ceramic stuff, but everything else I found to be sound investment. All I used before getting into CarPro.

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Any other in the CarPro line is Hydro2. Very easy to apply, simply wash the car, leave it wet then spritz it with the Hydro2. Then spray it off with water, preferably using a pressure washer. I use this on my wife's car as well as the wheels and get from 4-6 weeks out of it.
I've only tried the snowfoam version. I don't know if its the humidity or what, but the truck dries so fast in my area I'm nervous to try the spray n rinse products. I do love Ech2o though for a drying aid.

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
I've only tried the snowfoam version. I don't know if its the humidity or what, but the truck dries so fast in my area I'm nervous to try the spray n rinse products. I do love Ech2o though for a drying aid.
Same issue here in Georgia. Seems as though by the time you finish washing one panel and get ready to move onto the next the soap is already starting to dry.

When I use the Hydro2 I'll just do it one panel at a time and keep it wet as I move on to the next panels.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Same issue here in Georgia. Seems as though by the time you finish washing one panel and get ready to move onto the next the soap is already starting to dry.

When I use the Hydro2 I'll just do it one panel at a time and keep it wet as I move on to the next panels.
I recently gave in and purchased a deionizer tank, and it might be the best carwash thing I have now. My driveway is in full sun, so when I wash my truck I would do a panel at a time so I wouldnt get water spots, but then I would always get overspray and have to wipe each panel multiple times. With the deionizer I let the back window air dry just to see, and I had zero water spots. Pulled out the leaf blower to get the water out of the cracks and then wiped those few water drips up and done. Probably saved me 15 min on the whole process.

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
I recently gave in and purchased a deionizer tank, and it might be the best carwash thing I have now. My driveway is in full sun, so when I wash my truck I would do a panel at a time so I wouldnt get water spots, but then I would always get overspray and have to wipe each panel multiple times. With the deionizer I let the back window air dry just to see, and I had zero water spots. Pulled out the leaf blower to get the water out of the cracks and then wiped those few water drips up and done. Probably saved me 15 min on the whole process.

I've heard those are real good to have but I'm afraid of the cost. Not sure but heard they could run $4-500 for a portable one
Sponsored