Produced-in-January-and-still-waiting Club

Dwildone

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum- carbonized Grey
Well, here's what I got in a history report from the dealer today. They are more confused than I am- the truck has been sitting at the rail yard here in KC since 2/5 and is not scheduled for release until 3/7. They have reached out to someone in Ford corporate shipping logistics to see if they can go pick up the truck from the rail yard. I'm hoping the questions about holding all vehicles not yet delivered in order to clear all recalls (thinking battery drain issue) aren't part of what is going on here...

Ford F-150 Produced-in-January-and-still-waiting Club 63536968372__9DF0E5C6-8C6A-4F4B-91A9-5846318ACB7D copy
Sponsored

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Well, here's what I got in a history report from the dealer today. They are more confused than I am- the truck has been sitting at the rail yard here in KC since 2/5 and is not scheduled for release until 3/7. They have reached out to someone in Ford corporate shipping logistics to see if they can go pick up the truck from the rail yard. I'm hoping the questions about holding all vehicles not yet delivered in order to clear all recalls (thinking battery drain issue) aren't part of what is going on here...

63536968372__9DF0E5C6-8C6A-4F4B-91A9-5846318ACB7D copy.jpg
I think holding at the destination would never be for updating things. The carports are just massive lots of cars of many many makes, it would be a nightmare to try to manage updates with the untrained folks on those lots. But I hear ya.. our NoCal delivery spot is 1hr from me and I would be begging my dealer to go pick it up and drive it too.

Rhythm66

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford F-150, 2013 Ford Edge, 2021 Ford F-150
Well to keep your hopes alive, I just got a call from my dealer that my truck with an ETA of 2/22 has been delivered 3 days early. Perfect timing for the weekend. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to look it over and make the purchase. I must say that for all of my all-day incessant checking of the tracker, it is still showing "in transit" at this moment... :unsure:. Anyways, looks like I will be resigning from this club tomorrow :D

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/pages/tracker/?VIN=1FTEW1CP4MKD37347#

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Well to keep your hopes alive, I just got a call from my dealer that my truck with an ETA of 2/22 has been delivered 3 days early. Perfect timing for the weekend. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to look it over and make the purchase. I must say that for all of my all-day incessant checking of the tracker, it is still showing "in transit" at this moment... :unsure:. Anyways, looks like I will be resigning from this club tomorrow :D

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/pages/tracker/?VIN=1FTEW1CP4MKD37347#
Congrats man!! Hope we can all join you sooner than later.

desertlivin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3, 2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Network Architect
I am part of the January club as well. I would assume there will be a different experience for those having their trucks built in the Dearborn plant than Kansas City due to the weather/natural gas problems etc.

That being said, My truck looks to be at the Dearborn plant awaiting transit(rail). I am hoping it gets put on a train soon, current ETA is 3/19 at my dealer.

Ford F-150 Produced-in-January-and-still-waiting Club f150-Feb15

Sponsored

dustino316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette
Mine STILL says "Scheduled for Production" on 01/29. It was showing estimated delivery date of 02/21, but now just changed to 03/08.

I'm in Texas, but I highly doubt an additional two-week delay would be a result of the winter storm. So frustrating.

Reactions: Dut
OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Mine STILL says "Scheduled for Production" on 01/29. It was showing estimated delivery date of 02/21, but now just changed to 03/08.

I'm in Texas, but I highly doubt an additional two-week delay would be a result of the winter storm. So frustrating.
Oh noooooo. The worst part of this is that I would love to say it's either the kc shutdown, or weather, or something as that would make sense for ALL orders.

But I am seeing trucks still load and ship from Dearborn even if built after others, even with same options. And many that blew their ETA out of the water and got it early. Just wish they did it more fairly or first in first out.

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Got my update added 17 days was due in Texas 2/22/2021
Welcome!

Your 2021 F-150 Platinum is estimated to be delivered to Bluebonnet Ford. in 16 days.Vehicle Details
Ordered On 11/11/2020
Order Number 1333
VIN 1FTFW1ED8MFA85585
Estimated Dealer Delivery 3/8/2021
Sitting in Dearborn

Ford F-150 Produced-in-January-and-still-waiting Club new_237d6168e42d349f13cf3c901bff7355e394f8a2

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors

mine must be coming on the same train as yours

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Oh noooooo. The worst part of this is that I would love to say it's either the kc shutdown, or weather, or something as that would make sense for ALL orders.

But I am seeing trucks still load and ship from Dearborn even if built after others, even with same options. And many that blew their ETA out of the water and got it early. Just wish they did it more fairly or first in first out.
I screwed up and ordered the wheel well liners and they do that off site not at plant if I would have known it would not have ordered them it takes 30 minutes to install

Sponsored

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I screwed up and ordered the wheel well liners and they do that off site not at plant if I would have known it would not have ordered them it takes 30 minutes to install
SAME! It adds 2 extra wait spots into the timeline. BUT again like I said, others got produced after, sent off site then back and shipped within a day. I don't know why some get stuck

Tbanks10

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017F150 Lariot
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Like you, I have been following a few others and yours trying to figure out what is going on with mine. I'm about a week behind you. There seems to a number of us from the end of January to now that are stuck in production. Some seem to squeak through but not many from what I can tell. Since the end of January, if you have a spray in bed liner things have seemed to have stopped and we are stuck in "production". My take is that your truck is sent offsite for something, probably the bed liner. It seems that most orders with a with a spray in bed liner is on "pause". Why the other truck which has a bed liner as well was not sent off site is something I don't understand. Sorry but unless you get an update this evening or tomorrow and things really come together, I just can't see how your truck could meet your ETA. I'm totally trying to figure this out as well and I truly hope I'm wrong.
My dealer told me not to order spray in liner as it sits until so many are accumulated to be sprayed. I let dealership do it and it looked as good as factory ones I’ve had done. My Lariat Sport with interior work surface was built in KC on 1/29 and it arrived in Atlanta on 2/15. Picked it up 2/18 and so far it’s perfect.

Tbanks10

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017F150 Lariot
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My dealer told me not to order spray in liner as it sits until so many are accumulated to be sprayed. I let dealership do it and it looked as good as factory ones I’ve had done. My Lariat Sport with interior work surface was built in KC on 1/29 and it arrived in Atlanta on 2/15. Picked it up 2/18 and so far it’s perfect.
Yes also on wheel well liners delaying per my dealer. He installed those as well. They also installed box links for me which can be a pain.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Man still no movement. The tracker says 2/23 for delivery. It has yet to be shipped. Still in Dearborn. I wonder if the battery issue is causing this??

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Man still no movement. The tracker says 2/23 for delivery. It has yet to be shipped. Still in Dearborn. I wonder if the battery issue is causing this??
I want to believe something like that too! But it doesn't explain why some are still getting "released" from the plant.

Like when @currybob and others in the very first batch were held up in Dearborn for power board issues, they ALL were held up.

And that was great dealer advice! I would have done liners myself and spray liner after market.
Sponsored