Sponsored

Problem: Intermittent rear door unlock

TMCCOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX
The rear doors are not unlocking after coming to a stop. I have to open the doors from the outside. If I don't drive, the doors open from the inside.

Child locks are not enabled.

No vehicle settings make a difference and my truck does not have a child lock button in drivers door.

This is a serious safety concern as the rear occupants cannot exit the vehicle on their own.

Any idea what the issue is?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
The rear doors are not unlocking after coming to a stop. I have to open the doors from the outside. If I don't drive, the doors open from the inside.

Child locks are not enabled.

No vehicle settings make a difference and my truck does not have a child lock button in drivers door.

This is a serious safety concern as the rear occupants cannot exit the vehicle on their own.

Any idea what the issue is?
Hi there. This rear door concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name/location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Try shutting the door hard and see what happens. With my 2022 with the crew cab I had problems with the sensors not indicating that a door was closed and in my case the result was a high amount of parasitic draw from the battery.
Sponsored