• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro-Trim Questions...

Platform

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SHO
Hey All,

I realize we are all pulling information from the same tech sheet and various reports of media events, but I am wondering if there are some things I have missed.

Per the "Tech Specs" detailing various trim levels, the "interior work surface" (i.e. the fold-down shifter) is not available for the Pro trim, but the pictures from Pioneer74 clearly show the same shifter.

I am worried that is a portent of many other features stripped out to incentivize moving up a trim level.

My dream config is Pro SR, Cloth Seats, 360deg. cameras, a lighted bed, and connectivity to start/warm-up/cool-off remotely. I am starting to think this will not be feasible on the PRO trim.

Has anyone found any other PRO stuff like the shifter that seems present in pictures/video/media events but is excluded from the spec. sheet?

Thanks!
Sponsored

johnatuckeriii

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew AMB
As an owner of a '21 Lariat with the fold-down shifter I can tell you Ford kinda just includes the fold down shifter separate from the work surface... and from some of the other threads buying the parts to install the work surface yourself isn't cost-effective.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I am worried that is a portent of many other features stripped out to incentivize moving up a trim level.
That's exactly what they are doing, and it's pretty common across all cars and trims :)

The Pro model was stripped down and built for Fleets and to lure people in with the 40K starting price.

Im personally just accepting the Pro as is b/c at 39K it's an incredible value... As you go up in Trims the value of the Truck (to me) worsens greatly.

My dream config is Pro SR, Cloth Seats, 360deg. cameras, a lighted bed, and connectivity to start/warm-up/cool-off remotely. I am starting to think this will not be feasible on the PRO trim.

The only item I would expect you to get here on the PRo is the 360 camera, but that's likely just in the Tow Package and not standalone.

I haven't seen the Mach-e scheduling, but I would kind of expect the car to have some scheduling to warm-up/cool off remotely that is tied to the chargiing scheduling. It's how my egolf works. So with a little setup, you could maybe preheat the car @ 6am, but just cannot start it remotely on the fly w/ the Pro.

show the same shifter.

My understanding: The work surface and the fold down shifter are two separate items. My expectation is that all trims have the fold down shifter and that is just to streamline production to save costs. The worksurface is an easy addon to get extra $$ from you

OP
OP

Platform

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SHO
Ah, thanks for the clarity. It is news to me that the shifter and work surface are not bundled together. Thanks!

I am good with the ability to schedule HVAC settings in advance; I plan to setup Level 2 charging at home and have it plugged in regularly. After some more digging, this feature appears to be tied to " FordPass Connect™ " which is standard on all trims. This generic FordPass Connect overview shows that functionality with the caveat of "Available on Select Vehicles".

The fleet site mentions "preconditioning when connected to the grid" and "the ability to remotely configure, manage, and monitor vehicle state" as well. It seems likely that remote HVAC is covered, even for Pro.

Lamrith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Ranger, 94 Mustang GT, 95 GT Vert, 13 SHO
I noticed that lack of option on the sheet for the pro as well.
The no ext batt for pro other than fleet is one thing. But the Pro is a WORK TRUCK, designed around people that will use it to WORK in. If there is any single option that should be standard in a Pro it is the fold out workspace, so having it not available is honestly baffling and makes me wonder if it is a typo.

I thought heard in a few videos it was std for the lightning, but I will have too go back and watch again.

Sponsored

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
But the Pro is a WORK TRUCK, designed around people that will use it to WORK in. If there is any single option that should be standard in a Pro it is the fold out workspace, so having it not available is honestly baffling and makes me wonder if it is a typo.
I had the exact same thought when I read the work surface was not available in the work focused Pro trim.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
My expectation is that all trims have the fold down shifter and that is just to streamline production to save costs. The worksurface is an easy addon to get extra $$ from you
I have a hard time understanding why they have a big ass shifter at a place that waste precious space. Then have to fold it down with another complex system that is bound to break at some point for a vehicle that does not have a real transmission.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I have a hard time understanding why they have a big ass shifter at a place that waste precious space. Then have to fold it down with another complex system that is bound to break at some point for a vehicle that does not have a real transmission.
Because it is what already exists in the F-150. Using the same parts for pretty much the entire interior means they get to keep costs down because they are already ordering millions of these parts.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Because it is what already exists in the F-150. Using the same parts for pretty much the entire interior means they get to keep costs down because they are already ordering millions of these parts.
I can see the logic of that for the body panels but using several unnecessary components to solve a self made problem only saves money if you don’t really plan to get to serious volume on the vehicle. I think it is as much about getting it out the door fast as it is about recycling parts. They want to beat Cybertruck to the punch and I think they will succeed.

I just hope Lightening’s first recall is not about Catalytic converter coming loose.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
There's probably a certain percentage of the decision made based on the fact that they want the driving experience to be exactly like any other f-150, but better. If someone has been driving an f-150 for the last 5 to 10 years they are not going to be alienated when getting inside the lightning and that makes the transition that much easier.

Sponsored

Vegfast

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford p.u., Outback, 911
Occupation
Retired
Is there a place where I can go to see the details of each option package? I am interested in a Pro model, so only need the info on the few option packages available for this trim. Thanks!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer