Sponsored

Pro Trailer Backup Assist Sticker Calibration......

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Thanks! I appreciate your reponse. I looked under the bumper and it looks like a round 12 pin is plugged up to the 7 pin on the bumper. That sleeve is a good candidate. I couldn't tell for sure if the sleeve had a 12 pin receiver. I'll check with my dealer.
The one that I linked to above has the 12-pin connector on the bottom--you can tell from its round shape. Compare to the 7/4 connector that is standard on most trucks: Wiring Sleeve. Trailer Brake Control Harness Connector. | FordUS

I'm assuming that your yaw sensor kit looks similar to this one: 2020 2021 2022 Ford F-150 F-250 F-350 F-450 Yaw Sensor LC3T-14G621-AD OEM New | eBay The piece that connects to the 12-pin receiver is in the top right corner of the ebay image, and it plugs in below the trailer lights connector (meaning that you'll have two cables connected to your truck when it's fully set up).
Sponsored

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
The one that I linked to above has the 12-pin connector on the bottom--you can tell from its round shape. Compare to the 7/4 connector that is standard on most trucks: Wiring Sleeve. Trailer Brake Control Harness Connector. | FordUS

I'm assuming that your yaw sensor kit looks similar to this one: 2020 2021 2022 Ford F-150 F-250 F-350 F-450 Yaw Sensor LC3T-14G621-AD OEM New | eBay The piece that connects to the 12-pin receiver is in the top right corner of the ebay image, and it plugs in below the trailer lights connector (meaning that you'll have two cables connected to your truck when it's fully set up).
if you purchase the entire kit there are two options:

Ford F-150 Pro Trailer Backup Assist Sticker Calibration...... CFF2E6CF-5AC0-45D1-A5B8-F9B0080D62AC

The piece on top on the right, it is a standalone 12 plug, which is typically put in the box for a 5th wheel. In theory you could leave your existing 7/4 in place.

The piece just below that is a 7/12. In that case, you replace the 7/4 in the bumper with that 7/12.

That one looks like this:
Ford F-150 Pro Trailer Backup Assist Sticker Calibration...... 1675883512174

Your existing 12 pin out plugs into the top, the wire I reference in my earlier post plugs to the bottom. Then if you need a 4/5 pin you use the adapter seen on the middle left.

making3a

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platnium
Great information. I think you guys have solved my problem. My 2023 F150 Platinum has the 7/4. I'm going to do a part swap with the 7/12 receptacle because I don't need the 7/4 receptacle to pull my boat. I ordered the part today from the dealer. The part number is HU5Z-14489B. It cost me $144. I'll let you know next week if it works. How is the part swap done? I'm guessing there are a couple bolts with nuts underneath the truck that need to be removed in order to make the swap.

The piece on top on the right, it is a standalone 12 plug, which is typically put in the box for a 5th wheel. In theory you could leave your existing 7/4 in place.

The piece just below that is a 7/12. In that case, you replace the 7/4 in the bumper with that 7/12.

Your existing 12 pin out plugs into the top, the wire I reference in my earlier post plugs to the bottom. Then if you need a 4T

/5 pin you use the adapter seen on the middle left.

[/QUOTE]

The piece on top on the right, it is a standalone 12 plug, which isThanks! typically put in the box for a 5th wheel. In theory you could leave your existing 7/4 in place.

Your existing 12 pin out plugs into the top, the wire I reference in my earlier post plugs to the bottom. Then if you need a 4/5 pin you use the adapter seen on the middle left.

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
Great information. I think you guys have solved my problem. My 2023 F150 Platinum has the 7/4. I'm going to do a part swap with the 7/12 receptacle because I don't need the 7/4 receptacle to pull my boat. I ordered the part today from the dealer. The part number is HU5Z-14489B. It cost me $144. I'll let you know next week if it works. How is the part swap done? I'm guessing there are a couple bolts with nuts underneath the truck that need to be removed in order to make the swap.

Assuming the wiring is all correct, that part is a simple swap out. Two metal clips and disconnect the wiring.

Its a superduty but it nearly identical in the F150.
Sponsored