First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 150 Powerbost King Ranch
Occupation
Retired state trooper
I guess I wasn't very clear on my original question. I'm not asking if it is useful or not. I'm asking if there is something I paid for that is not working properly. I wanted to be informed before going toe-to-toe with salesman, manager, service, etc.

Thanks for all the comments and replies.
I agree with you rjwood22, people read the post and the comment on other non related and telling us how good they are at backing stuff. I with you with wanting things to work correctly whether i use them or not. right after i bought my 2021 in march or 21 mine came with 1 sensor and a stack of stickers. The one sensor connected and worked fine but I have several other trailers. I went round and round with some of the ford people and got no answers about the stickers not working. I filed a BBB complaint on Ford and boy did that get their attention. the offered me 2 more sensors if i would withdraw the complaint. I did and they sent me 2 more sensors. After many OTA updates and other dealer installed updates the stickers still dont work. I an understanding that the truck they are calling build 2 will work with the stickers. mine is a build 1 truck. Guess its time to get out the old BBB complaint and file it again. let us know what you find out

Harry Dangler

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lexus RX350
Occupation
Retired
I agree with you rjwood22, people read the post and the comment on other non related and telling us how good they are at backing stuff. I with you with wanting things to work correctly whether i use them or not. right after i bought my 2021 in march or 21 mine came with 1 sensor and a stack of stickers. The one sensor connected and worked fine but I have several other trailers. I went round and round with some of the ford people and got no answers about the stickers not working. I filed a BBB complaint on Ford and boy did that get their attention. the offered me 2 more sensors if i would withdraw the complaint. I did and they sent me 2 more sensors. After many OTA updates and other dealer installed updates the stickers still dont work. I an understanding that the truck they are calling build 2 will work with the stickers. mine is a build 1 truck. Guess its time to get out the old BBB complaint and file it again. let us know what you find out
I am with you on that when pay 60, 70 and 80k for a truck everything should work like it's supposed to. But I am confused with your post, you received the sensor and the stickers, the sensor worked but the stickers don't and after you sent a complaint to the BBB they sent two more sensors. So the two extra sensors don't work either

Harry Dangler

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lexus RX350
Occupation
Retired
I am with you on that when pay 60, 70 and 80k for a truck everything should work like it's supposed to. But I am confused with your post, you received the sensor and the stickers, the sensor worked but the stickers don't and after you sent a complaint to the BBB they sent two more sensors. So the two extra sensors don't work either
I re-read your post so it sounds like your want the stickers to work so you can get rid of the sensors?
I am still waiting for my truck and I order the pro trailer back up assist to and like you want everything to work right
I am wondering if the sensor will work with the build 2 trucks because I have small 16ft RV with a bike rack on the tongue and there isn't room for a sticker :cool:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired state trooper
No the two extra sensors work perfectly. But just for the hell of it ....I want the stickers to work like they are supposed to. I don't have any other trailers right now but the stickers should work like they are supposed to

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired state trooper
I re-read your post so it sounds like your want the stickers to work so you can get rid of the sensors?
I am still waiting for my truck and I order the pro trailer back up assist to and like you want everything to work right
I am wondering if the sensor will work with the build 2 trucks because I have small 16ft RV with a bike rack on the tongue and there isn't room for a sticker :cool:
No I have 3 trailers 3 sensors and the sensor work on all 3 of them. The stickers work for some people but not all. If one of the sensors go bad I was wanting a fall back plan and be able to use the stickers...I just want everything to work on the truck like it was designed

RWATE

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I have a few questions about the pro trailer backup assist with trailer reverse guidance. I have struggled with wrapping my head around some of the features/capabilities of the system. Before I ask my questions, know I have looked at the Ford YouTube videos as well as some posted by a few others. I have also read the supplemental manual which came with my truck. My truck is a 2021 Platinum with tow technology, etc. So all the bells and whistles. I have the sensor hooked up. (I do not need to talk about the stickers relative to my questions.)

Here you go:
  • Can anyone absolutely positively confirm that when using the system you CANNOT jackknife your trailer? Is that explicitly stated anywhere in Ford’s documentation or anywhere else I can go see?
  • Is trailer reverse guidance and pro trailer backup assist an either/or? Meaning, do you use the pro trailer backup assist with the knob only but the reverse guidance with the steering wheel only? Or do they work together. Or can you use either with the knob?
  • If you use the pro trailer backup assist and trailer reverse guidance together… what is the benefit of one versus the other?
  • Is there a website or thread on this site which really gets into how to maximize the use of this system? All I see are folks wanting to know about getting the stickers to work.
That’s it for now. Thanks any and all who can educate this little brain of mine.

Gutshot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT screw
Occupation
Aggregate junkie
I finally got around to installing the sticker on my trailer, then hitting a local high school parking lot to calibrate the system, boy what a disappointment! Like earlier posts in this thread I too can back a trailer with the hand at 6 position, no issues, but this thing was just all over the place, tried to back straight up, was wiggling, tried to alley dock it, nope. I’m glad the people who got theirs to suit them are happy, I just didn’t get it.

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired state trooper
I finally got around to installing the sticker on my trailer, then hitting a local high school parking lot to calibrate the system, boy what a disappointment! Like earlier posts in this thread I too can back a trailer with the hand at 6 position, no issues, but this thing was just all over the place, tried to back straight up, was wiggling, tried to alley dock it, nope. I’m glad the people who got theirs to suit them are happy, I just didn’t get it.
My stickers still wont work. I have a build 1 truck...when with the OTA downloads catch up

Sponsored

Gutshot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT screw
Occupation
Aggregate junkie
My stickers still wont work. I have a build 1 truck...when with the OTA downloads catch up
I’m in the weeds here, how do I determine my build number?

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired state trooper
I’m in the weeds here, how do I determine my build number?
I cant help with that I just know i have a build 1 truck

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
I have a few questions about the pro trailer backup assist with trailer reverse guidance. I have struggled with wrapping my head around some of the features/capabilities of the system. Before I ask my questions, know I have looked at the Ford YouTube videos as well as some posted by a few others. I have also read the supplemental manual which came with my truck. My truck is a 2021 Platinum with tow technology, etc. So all the bells and whistles. I have the sensor hooked up. (I do not need to talk about the stickers relative to my questions.)

Here you go:
  • Can anyone absolutely positively confirm that when using the system you CANNOT jackknife your trailer? Is that explicitly stated anywhere in Ford’s documentation or anywhere else I can go see?
  • Is trailer reverse guidance and pro trailer backup assist an either/or? Meaning, do you use the pro trailer backup assist with the knob only but the reverse guidance with the steering wheel only? Or do they work together. Or can you use either with the knob?
  • If you use the pro trailer backup assist and trailer reverse guidance together… what is the benefit of one versus the other?
  • Is there a website or thread on this site which really gets into how to maximize the use of this system? All I see are folks wanting to know about getting the stickers to work.
That’s it for now. Thanks any and all who can educate this little brain of mine.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that it is impossible to jackknife a trailer while using the systems.. I wouldn't count on it. I haven't set up the systems, but I do have the option on my truck.

My understanding is that the reverse guidance is just a camera view with an overlay of the trailer / truck angles and an orange / red alert as the angles increase. The pro-trailer backup system is the system that allows you to turn a knob to tell the truck how much you want the trailer to turn, and then you use the brake and gas pedal to control the speed / distance. They are not mutually exclusive, and can be used at the same time. The most recent ford video explaining the features is here:

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
My Pro Trailer Backup Assist doesn't work. The on light does not come on after pressing the button. It should turn "on" and prompt me to load trailer info. It doesn't do anything. Job 2 PB 4x4 2021. I just got the Trailer brake controller update OTA today 7/10/22 and it still doesn't work. Also the trailer camera view option isn't showing up anymore. I saw it before but it seems like something isn't working now. Just curious if anyone ever figured this problem out as this was the original question that was posted here. This could be just another issue for the dealer to figure out. Please let me know if you know how to fix this. Thank you.

TRACKTOY

First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT 2017
Occupation
RETIRED
Does anyone know, will the sensor and cables work with 2022 trucks? I'm thinking of buying the kit when I get my truck. I feel like a sensor is a lot more accurate than stickers
HI
YES THE SENSOR KIT WORK on a LARIAT 2022 when i receive my truck in april 2022 , the truck is ready to receive the sensor kit.
but no sensor kit in the truck at delivery i have ask the dealer for but they call FOMOCE .CA and they say it' 1,050.00$ CAD for the sensor . FTW. i have go on e bay and buy one for half the price in CAD. I JUST INSTALL the sensor on the trailer and everything work fine.
see part number on picture and ask on e Bay
tracktoy
Ford F-150 Pro Trailer Back up Assist RIMG6538.JPG
Ford F-150 Pro Trailer Back up Assist RIMG6538.JPG

Ford F-150 Pro Trailer Back up Assist RIMG6540.JPG
Sponsored