First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
56 TBird, 65 Mustang, 98 F250 etc
Occupation
Retired FoMoCo
My dealer tells me there will be an "over wifi" software update to use the stickers sometime in the 4th quarter. Our April build is in daily wifi connectivity and I still cannot use the stickers, setup step comes up to install the module on the trailer, end of story. No option or any mention of using stickers. (We stored our PWC's on a trailer and forget to take the module off to put on our sled trailer, which are both near impossible to see / backup when empty) Went to buy another module dealer did not have any and about $300. Stickers always worked fine on our 2018.
In my humble opinion Ford really "screwed the pooch" on this one.
I'll post if in fact the software update comes through.
Dealer claims Ford will send an over the air update to allow use of stickers vs the sensor, just tried mine again, no luck. I ensured WiFi was available, connected and truck has received the latest software updates. About the third step in setting up a trailer for Backup assist states install sensor, so NO to stickers! I guess Ford still has few weeks to meet their stated date.
Has anybody been able to update, use stickers, with a early build 2021?
Sponsored

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
I'm guessing your dealer doesn't realized that we are at the end of the 4th quarter (yea I have stickers and they don't work for me either, April Build (didn't finish until July due to chip shortage) and as far as I can tell I've not gotten any OTA updates

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I think we need a Dashboard software update. I saw in another thread how in the Towing menu they have a "Trailer Tire Status" submenu, and mine has never ever had this. So if they've updated the menus for newer builds then they probably have the sticker ability as well.

Sync updates fine OTA but I'm guessing the dash screen may have to be done at the dealer, which I will be pestering them about next service.

65mustang

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired FoMoCo
I think we need a Dashboard software update. I saw in another thread how in the Towing menu they have a "Trailer Tire Status" submenu, and mine has never ever had this. So if they've updated the menus for newer builds then they probably have the sticker ability as well.

Sync updates fine OTA but I'm guessing the dash screen may have to be done at the dealer, which I will be pestering them about next service.
This is the Ford response to 2021 F150's and Stickers, I'm still waiting:

SSM 49907 - 2021 F-150 - Pro Traiier Backup Assist - Trailer Sticker Software Deployment 2021 F-150 vehicles equipped with the Pro Trailer Backup Assist (PTBA) with Trailer Reverse Guidance Timing Update

System include a Quick Start Guide with a trailer sticker as a loose item in the vehicle. As stated in the Quick Start Guide, a software update is necessary to enable the PTBA sticker setup. Ford Motor Company is pleased to inform you that this software update is expected to be deployed to vehicles using an over-the-air software update at no charge to connected vehicle ownersin the fourth quarter of 2021. To ensure vehicles are capable of receiving over-the-air software updates, customers should make sure their Vehicle ConnectivitySettings are set to ON. All affected vehicles also include a PTBA sensor kit that can be used instead of the sticker, and the sensor kit currently is and will remain fully functional. Refer to EFC09227 for additional information.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

TRUCK: FD P702N F150

Jrohner78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt fx4
Still no update for sticker on my truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
allJUMPstyle

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
I still haven’t had the time to try them out on my trailer.

65mustang

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired FoMoCo
Pro Trailer Backup update App still calls for a sensor, cannot use the stickers that came with the truck? Looks like FoMoCo missed the target date with this OTA update ... po every time I back up an emtpy sled trailer!! I'll phone my dealer AGAIN!!

Jrohner78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt fx4
Yep they missed it. I took my truck in on 12/31 to do the TSB update on rough shifting 10 speeds and asked the service guy if he had heard any updates..nada was the answer.

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
I had a check engine light, "engine knock sensor" come on before Christmas, left my truck at the Ford dealership for them to check it while I was out of town, they called, said it was a bad sensor, new one was back ordered, I said, fine, but can you check the OTA Updates and see if there are any? "um, I'm not for sure what you are talking about?" :rolleyes:

Djansma

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 lariat
Occupation
Retired ford technician (40yrs)
Ford get your head out of your A## and get it done I have made 4 trips to the dealership for this problem and now a FSE said to order a imaging prosessing module well 6 trips had my truck for 17 days this time and still pro backup assist doesn’t work and they told me I have to wait for a TSB
Sponsored

Last edited: