Sponsored

IT'S FIXED>>>>>>Pro Power Onboard keep turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets

NoCo150

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Mine does it regularly in very cold wet winter days. Once it dries out it works again. I was told a Software update was going to happen April but so far nothing.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Mine does it regularly in very cold wet winter days. Once it dries out it works again. I was told a Software update was going to happen April but so far nothing.
My 2021 faulting began on day 1 november 21'
Stopped in april 22
No updates though

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Jumping on the wagon with you all. Little 2.4kw though.

I have never even attempted to use my pro power. Made a 4 hour drive this weekend with the first hour being some pretty heavy downpour.

After an hour of driving on dry roads I get the message for the first time "Pro Power onboard unavailable" with the option to reset, or close the message. I chose reset and a ground fault was detected so it shut off. Nothing was plugged in the outlets in the bed, but did have radar detector plugged in dash.

Got home a couple of hours later and plugged something in to bed outlets. Message popped up on my screen noticing something had been plugged in and asked if I wanted to to turn it on. I said yes, and everything worked fine.

I've read most of the post in this thread, but didn't see if anyone was able to nail down a location that might be getting wet.

Truck does have bed cover and 11K on the clock. Drove plenty of times in the rain and have never had this.

Mike2022F150PB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB 7.2kW
I'm a little late to the party but I just got my 2022 F150 Pb 2 month's ago with the 7.2kW and it has the error 'not available'. Is it the same as the ground fault problem your talking about. When it happened it was raining too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I'm a little late to the party but I just got my 2022 F150 Pb 2 month's ago with the 7.2kW and it has the error 'not available'. Is it the same as the ground fault problem your talking about. When it happened it was raining too.
No, that is not the same issue. What I opened the thread about was when you turned on the generator it would immediately shut off and you could not turn it on, it would just keep turning off. I‘m not sure what “not available” means, maybe upload a picture of your screen.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Not certain. Those words never appeared on my screens . My error was always ground fault detected. See owners manual for reset. Reset never worked until April 2022 . I worry it may return in cold weather . To this day the uodate list has not shown anything labeled to the generator. It was April and the generator has yet to fault since april and lives outside sees plenty of water .

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So here we go again, the first snow of the year and WHAM, Pro Power Onboard tured off. So much for the garbage story that a software update will fix it last April but now I get it on my Ford Pass app too.

Ford F-150 IT'S FIXED>>>>>>Pro Power Onboard keep turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets Pro Power Onboard turned off

egap69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have the same problem, does Ford have a fix yet? I have the latest software updates.

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the same problem, does Ford have a fix yet? I have the latest software updates.
Not that I’m aware of but I emailed the VP of Sales at my Ford dealer and I got a call from the service dept asking to have my truck for a day. If it’s not having the problem I don’t know what they will be able to do. On the upside it’s supposed to snow a lot here so there’s a good chance it might trip the generator off.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
VIN 1FTFW1ED0MFC60234
Dealer is:
Montrose Ford
3960 Medina Rd, Akron, OH 44333
(330) 666-0711
Service advisor is Rick, I drop off my truck Monday the 26th at 10am.

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UPDATE

As of right now my truck has been at the dealer since Tuesday Dec 27th and they are at a standstill awaiting Ford's advice via email. Last week Ford asked the dealer to run updates on all or a lot of the modules. As of yesterday the outcome was the dealer keeps getting errors while attempting to update the modules and it now awaiting Ford to get back to them VIA EMAIL.

I can see when the dealer is working on the issue because my Ford Pass app sends me alerts when Pro Power trips. The last alert was Jan 3rd.

This is really frustrating that the hold up is Ford and they can only communicate via email.

So the UPDATE is really no progress has been made.

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Following this thread, as I just had this exact same thing happen to me. I have the 2.4kw, and use it to charge an electric moto between rides. I haven't used it for months. I blasted through some 3' snow drifts, throwing snow on the windshield. Got on the highway, cruising at 80mph, and it flashed at me. Hit the reset multiple times, nothing. Unplugged the genset connectors, turned on the truck, turned off the truck, plugged it back in.... gave me the fault again. Truck sat for two days... seemed fine for about 45min on a drive up to the ski track – right at the top, got the error again. I have an appointment w/ the dealership, but I honestly have ZERO faith in them when it comes to electrical/software – had to buy and mongoose controller and clear some codes/update modules myself late last summer.

Oh, I should mention: I have turned off OTA updates, since my fiasco last summer. So I know this has NOTHING to do w/ software.

Here's a pick of the recurring message:
Ford F-150 IT'S FIXED>>>>>>Pro Power Onboard keep turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets PXL_20230111_181409369

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Following this thread, as I just had this exact same thing happen to me. I have the 2.4kw, and use it to charge an electric moto between rides. I haven't used it for months. I blasted through some 3' snow drifts, throwing snow on the windshield. Got on the highway, cruising at 80mph, and it flashed at me. Hit the reset multiple times, nothing. Unplugged the genset connectors, turned on the truck, turned off the truck, plugged it back in.... gave me the fault again. Truck sat for two days... seemed fine for about 45min on a drive up to the ski track – right at the top, got the error again. I have an appointment w/ the dealership, but I honestly have ZERO faith in them when it comes to electrical/software – had to buy and mongoose controller and clear some codes/update modules myself late last summer.

Oh, I should mention: I have turned off OTA updates, since my fiasco last summer. So I know this has NOTHING to do w/ software.

Here's a pick of the recurring message:
PXL_20230111_181409369.jpg
Well I have a ticket opened with Ford and their engineers are working with my dealer to see if they can figure it out. I will keep everyone updated. I was told Ford is backlogged 1-2 weeks. Next Tuesday will make it 3 weeks they’ve had my truck. They were going to give it back to me last Thursday but Ford told the dealer to extend my rental because if the Ford engineers call and my truck is not at the dealer they will close the ticket and I will have to start over. Right now my rental has been extended to 2/4/23.
Sponsored