Sponsored

IT'S FIXED>>>>>>Pro Power Onboard keep turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
So my situation is very different. It’s 15 degrees here, I went to the car wash last night on my way home. The Pro Power turn off, parked the truck in my heated garage (55 degrees is the temp it set at) and all day today no issues with the Pro Power, it stayed on all day.
Not much different. I create the error in car wash . Park in insulated garage . Error goes away as truck dries . I can accelerate the correction by opening hood and tonneau cover . Im collecting data . My dealer reproduced the error pattern by washing truck so they believe my consistent observations though ive sent video going thru carwash to the folks that sold me the truck . They are still unable to reset it and none of the breakers are tripped but propower wont work .???
Sponsored

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not much different. I create the error in car wash . Park in insulated garage . Error goes away as truck dries . I can accelerate the correction by opening hood and tonneau cover . Im collecting data . My dealer reproduced the error pattern by washing truck so they believe my consistent observations though ive sent video going thru carwash to the folks that sold me the truck . They are still unable to reset it and none of the breakers are tripped but propower wont work .???
And of course mine stays on if dry . Recently i drove 1300 mile trip w Generator on leaving garage . Low power on the whole time .Generator on when needed . Returning in dry weather. Unpack .go to wash car ... error powers off immediately. This is not software.

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Well I guess our issues are similar but not exactly the same. The car wash does not immediately shut my Pro Power off. After my post last Wednesday my Pro Power shut off on Thursday and hasn’t come back on. We had no snow or rain on Thursday, an inch or two on Friday, but nothing significant. All the dealers says if more owners are complaining then Ford will direct more energy to fixing is faster than if I’m the only one with the issue.

I only see you and me on the this thread and I know I’ve seen other comments about this, where is everyone else and are their issues the same or similar?

VHcrna

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Hybrid, Platinum
Occupation
CRNA
I just got my F150 Lariat PB 7.2KW a week and a half ago. Today while driving the Pro Power Onboard kept turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets. Once I got to my destination and the truck sat for 6 hrs the problem did not happen again.

Again I had nothing plugged into any outlets. I took a video since it kept happening. The weather was a light snow, which this was the first time I drove in snow in my new truck.

Any thoughts? I called the dealer and made an appointment but am not hopeful. I asked if they have worked on any 7.2KW generator equipped trucks and the answer was no.
I started having ground fault error, phone charger plugged in. Onboard manual says to reset on screen but it won’t reset. Low power mode & generator mode won’t work. Next morning it was fine. Drove 2.5 hrs, on return about 2 hrs ground fault again, phone wouldn’t charge, no power to outlets. It’s been very cold , teens. Someone else lose mentioned car wash affected it. I was in car wash a couple days ago.

VHcrna

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Hybrid, Platinum
Occupation
CRNA
Well I guess our issues are similar but not exactly the same. The car wash does not immediately shut my Pro Power off. After my post last Wednesday my Pro Power shut off on Thursday and hasn’t come back on. We had no snow or rain on Thursday, an inch or two on Friday, but nothing significant. All the dealers says if more owners are complaining then Ford will direct more energy to fixing is faster than if I’m the only one with the issue.

I only see you and me on the this thread and I know I’ve seen other comments about this, where is everyone else and are their issues the same or similar?
[/QUOTE my f150 stArted reading ground fault, outlets won’t work. Reset button on screen won’t reset it. Let it sit overnight & it wS fine this morning. Long drive today, on way home ground fault shows up again. I have less than 10,000 miles on this truck.

Sponsored

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I started having ground fault error, phone charger plugged in. Onboard manual says to reset on screen but it won’t reset. Low power mode & generator mode won’t work. Next morning it was fine. Drove 2.5 hrs, on return about 2 hrs ground fault again, phone wouldn’t charge, no power to outlets. It’s been very cold , teens. Someone else lose mentioned car wash affected it. I was in car wash a couple days ago.
That is me. My car has been faulting since day 1. Initially my dealer claimed software wait to update. I had to push em to contact ford Hotline whatever that is . They finally explained to Ford that water triggers the fault . They got responses to check several connection points . Givin the truck to em for the 5th time next friday . Ill update my post re what happens.

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is me. My car has been faulting since day 1. Initially my dealer claimed software wait to update. I had to push em to contact ford Hotline whatever that is . They finally explained to Ford that water triggers the fault . They got responses to check several connection points . Givin the truck to em for the 5th time next friday . Ill update my post re what happens.
Synce1, can you please let me know what you find, specifically what the connection points were. I am looking for this exact same thing so I can have Ford look at mine.

Thanks!!

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
If you aren’t pulling greater than 250w over 30 minutes the system sill detect inactivity and shut down. According to TFL truck and their testing.

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you aren’t pulling greater than 250w over 30 minutes the system sill detect inactivity and shut down. According to TFL truck and their testing.
that might be true but in my case it shuts off as soon as I get out of the car wash or if it's raining or there's snow on the ground.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Synce1, can you please let me know what you find, specifically what the connection points were. I am looking for this exact same thing so I can have Ford look at mine.

Thanks!!
Yup. Did u see the prior post about the circuit in the engine bay ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yup. Did u see the prior post about the circuit in the engine bay ?
Do you mean this comment you wrote?

“They havent given me any definitive answer about specific connection with orange lead in front of driver side that some have said was not connected properly”

louism383

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 pb
Occupation
Iuoe 158
Sorry u r suffering this as well . Have you noticed if it happens if its dry for a stretch? .
Have you seen the posts about certain wire harness that has been found not properly connected by some ?
I just got my 21 pb on 1/3/22 at fucillo and im having the same issues. I did have a 4-5 day dry stretch where it wasn’t occurring but then i got a car wash and it started again. Stopped for a day or two and the weather has been wet since causing this issue to occur again

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you mean this comment you wrote?

“They havent given me any definitive answer about specific connection with orange lead in front of driver side that some have said was not connected properly”
Nope theres a circuit .orange wire connector in fron of driver near upper area .some said its improperly connected . Mine was not

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Video at car wash
Nope theres a circuit .orange wire connector in fron of driver near upper area .some said its improperly connected . Mine was not
OK I'll look at mine.

yourinternetfriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB

Mine is similar to this. Picked up my truck 3 weeks ago. Drove about 3 hours home from the dealership with no issues (charging my phone) but didn't use the bed outlets at all. Drove up to see my in-laws last weekend and parked outside during a cold, snowy weekend. Since then, it's been throwing up ground fault issues (at least as of yesterday/Wednesday) anytime I try to use the outlets.
Sponsored