Sponsored

IT'S FIXED>>>>>>Pro Power Onboard keep turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
Well short of the Fords supersensitive GFI picking up high humidity and tripping, (Which the April update could easily fix) There is only 3 places that it could easily be . Since sitting in the rain or handwashing triggers it, Its a vertical water problem. Meaning that water falling straight down is getting somewhere. That leaves for you:

1) Wiper Cowl. Where does it drain to?
2) Between the bed and cab. What is under that gap?
3) Plastic Bed caps. Is there a way water can get through them and drip on the panel?

This should be easy for you to isolate.

1) Using a hose, wet the front of the truck from the top of the windshield down to the front of the truck. Do this for a few minutes.

2) Wet the back of the cab letting the water pour between the cab and bed.

3) Hose down that driver side bed rail.

I would let the truck sit for at least 10 min after each test and see if you get your message. Short of a poor ground "somewhere" One of those places should get you a message i would think. Thats what I would do in your situation. Once you find that spot we can start looking into that location and see whats there.
Sponsored

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Well short of the Fords supersensitive GFI picking up high humidity and tripping, (Which the April update could easily fix) There is only 3 places that it could easily be . Since sitting in the rain or handwashing triggers it, Its a vertical water problem. Meaning that water falling straight down is getting somewhere. That leaves for you:

1) Wiper Cowl. Where does it drain to?
2) Between the bed and cab. What is under that gap?
3) Plastic Bed caps. Is there a way water can get through them and drip on the panel?

This should be easy for you to isolate.

1) Using a hose, wet the front of the truck from the top of the windshield down to the front of the truck. Do this for a few minutes.

2) Wet the back of the cab letting the water pour between the cab and bed.

3) Hose down that driver side bed rail.

I would let the truck sit for at least 10 min after each test and see if you get your message. Short of a poor ground "somewhere" One of those places should get you a message i would think. Thats what I would do in your situation. Once you find that spot we can start looking into that location and see whats there.
Been there done that .shielded from water effectively w silcone wrap but still get the error

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Been there done that .shielded from water effectively w silcone wrap but still get the error
Wires under left rear quarter and wires in engine bay in front of driver side master cylinder

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

So what were your results? What were you wetting down when the message popped up?

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So what were your results? What were you wetting down when the message popped up?
Most consistent and immediate error comes when bottom of truck gets washed from below . Pretty sure exposure of the cables beneath the outlet panel are implicated

Sponsored

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Well the same diagnostic still applies. I would wet down the engine bay from the top, check for message. Then the bottom, then up into the bedside where the propanel is the lastly under the cab where the batteries and then inverters are.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well the same diagnostic still applies. I would wet down the engine bay from the top, check for message. Then the bottom, then up into the bedside where the propanel is the lastly under the cab where the batteries and then inverters are.
April is close .if the OTA does not fix it im taking legal action

D87302

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Mustang Bullitt; 2021 F150 XLT 302A SCrew...
Occupation
Retired
Just an FYI... I believe that I saw a post from someone saying that leaving your Pro Power Onboard "on" all the time really adversely affects your gas mileage. I haven't heard anyone else say that, but just thought that I'd mention it.
I just read that Start-Stop system will turn off power when engine shuts down at a stop

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just read that Start-Stop system will turn off power when engine shuts down at a stop
I dont leave generator on . Its on low power so a laptop charging can be plugged in to the outlet on dash. It faults and shuts the whole thing off until its dry . I find when on highways at speed it will reset faster . This tells me something is getting water inside

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Water on top of bed or under rear end trips it. Silicone wraps were useless. Might be a break in shielding anywhere .if software doesn't help this is a disaster

Sponsored

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
This might be a shot in the dark, but maybe call around to any electricians or engineering firms that might use a time-domain reflectometer (TDR). They're CRAZY expensive to buy (hence you'd want to have someone else provide one) but can find a fault location to within as little as a few inches, depending on the quality of the TDR. This will at least help you find the area(s) for the issue and by going to different plugs, MAYBE even triangulate (depending on how the elec circuit is set up).

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This might be a shot in the dark, but maybe call around to any electricians or engineering firms that might use a time-domain reflectometer (TDR). They're CRAZY expensive to buy (hence you'd want to have someone else provide one) but can find a fault location to within as little as a few inches, depending on the quality of the TDR. This will at least help you find the area(s) for the issue and by going to different plugs, MAYBE even triangulate (depending on how the elec circuit is set up).
Great idea.i am waiting on the software update. Have already surmised that the area that has the trouble is the confluence of plugs below the outlet panel ... which is most vulnerable plugset . In any case Ford wont do anything or pay for anything until their engineers push an ota to update the system . I long ago decided that i will not spend another penny on this truck until it works correctly.

Joe_Lee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB FX4
So I ran into this issue today. Has anyone received the software update/repair?

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
my powerboost is scheduled to be built this week and hope Ford solved this issue.
Sponsored