Sponsored

IT'S FIXED>>>>>>Pro Power Onboard keep turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
That is my story. Since nov 2nd day i got truck . When wet ground fault wont reset. Takes hours to dry out . Sometimes days . 4 or more dealer visits. No success checking every connection . FORD says software in april OTA. I paid 73 grand for a nonfunctional hybrid generator equipped truck. There are other errors i really dont worry about . Bought this for Generator but its been very disappointing. Still amazed at how software impacted by water ...
Sponsored

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
Still amazed at how software impacted by water ...
Steve I don't think that there has been ONE reply on the many threads about this problem where you have failed to mention the "how can software get wet?" line. We get it. We understand your frustration. We're trying to help and so is Ford, but it's been explained to you many times how the upcoming software flash which *might* fix this problem is not really fixing the root issue, but more than likely adjusting a threshold for leakage current between hot and ground. No one is suggesting that water is getting into the software so it's requiring a patch.

Please let the joke die. Thank you.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Steve I don't think that there has been ONE reply on the many threads about this problem where you have failed to mention the "how can software get wet?" line. We get it. We understand your frustration. We're trying to help and so is Ford, but it's been explained to you many times how the upcoming software flash which *might* fix this problem is not really fixing the root issue, but more than likely adjusting a threshold for leakage current between hot and ground. No one is suggesting that water is getting into the software so it's requiring a patch.

Please let the joke die. Thank you.
No joke... very expensive non functioning truck. I dont even mention the numerous other errors ... for instance: periodically the ready light faults upon starting. In this condition there is no power to steering but i can shift into gear and engine is on . Cant really drive without power to steer. Thats a safety issue as yet to be corrected . Only work around is to move a short distance then resdy light comes on . If i was not a believer in science i would say truck is hanted . Generator is the major reason I sought this truck . Clearly i should have put the money into my 2015 expedition w only 108,000 miles or bought a less complicated truck . The OTA PATCH cant come soon enough . Like many promises such as the blue cruise update i suspect the big OTA for whatever this current leakage that happens when environmental moisture is around , may not be on time . Ill be done with this problem by 18,000 miles one way or another .

NoCo150

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I took my truck in for service the onboard generator appear to be working fine. During the service they updated all my software so that the vehicle could be used for the blue cruise when I picked it up I started getting a ground fault message to reset the generator it would not reset so I went back to Ford. Ford told me that everything was fine but there would be an over the air update sometime in April that would fix the problem personally I think this is BS. It worked fine before they touched it now the generator won’t work at all.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I took my truck in for service the onboard generator appear to be working fine. During the service they updated all my software so that the vehicle could be used for the blue cruise when I picked it up I started getting a ground fault message to reset the generator it would not reset so I went back to Ford. Ford told me that everything was fine but there would be an over the air update sometime in April that would fix the problem personally I think this is BS. It worked fine before they touched it now the generator won’t work at all.
Good afternoon, KD! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these generator concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

Sponsored

NoCo150

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Good afternoon, KD! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these generator concerns for you on my end. Thanks!
I sent you the information

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
Few things for people.

1) The ground fault on these trucks is computer controlled. Its not analog like in your homes. Has many sensors that detect all kinds of things and the software makes a decision. If they have some settings/ thresholds wrong or too sensitive they could be tripping too early. So in this case a software update could absolutely fix this problem.

2) More than likely its a little moisture causing a little voltage to sneak more than ford wants. Has anyone taken their truck when the ProPower is working and selectively wetted areas with a hose? engine compartment for a few min, ProPower panel in the bed for a few min, Back of the ProPower from the bottom of the bed, ect? Its repeatable, Should be pretty easy to locate. Eventually some area getting wet will cause the problem. My guess is the ProPower Panel. Those covers are not weather tight. Wouldn't take much on a digital system.

3) Is anyone with a bed cover having this issue when the bed is covered? If so, that rules out the front of the ProPower Panel.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Few things for people.

1) The ground fault on these trucks is computer controlled. Its not analog like in your homes. Has many sensors that detect all kinds of things and the software makes a decision. If they have some settings/ thresholds wrong or too sensitive they could be tripping too early. So in this case a software update could absolutely fix this problem.

2) More than likely its a little moisture causing a little voltage to sneak more than ford wants. Has anyone taken their truck when the ProPower is working and selectively wetted areas with a hose? engine compartment for a few min, ProPower panel in the bed for a few min, Back of the ProPower from the bottom of the bed, ect? Its repeatable, Should be pretty easy to locate. Eventually some area getting wet will cause the problem. My guess is the ProPower Panel. Those covers are not weather tight. Wouldn't take much on a digital system.

3) Is anyone with a bed cover having this issue when the bed is covered? If so, that rules out the front of the ProPower Panel.
I have been able to trip it repeatedly by washing truck .

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
When I first got my truck with the ProPower 2 kW system I tested it and it worked fine with a couple power tools. Then I plugged in one of those outlet testers with the three lights that tell you if an outlet is wired correctly and if there is a good ground. Just plugging in the tester caused the system to fail and shut off because of a ground fault sensed. The system is so sensitive it faulted with the tiny amount of voltage or current needed to light the tester to show the outlet status.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When I first got my truck with the ProPower 2 kW system I tested it and it worked fine with a couple power tools. Then I plugged in one of those outlet testers with the three lights that tell you if an outlet is wired correctly and if there is a good ground. Just plugging in the tester caused the system to fail and shut off because of a ground fault sensed. The system is so sensitive it faulted with the tiny amount of voltage or current needed to light the tester to show the outlet status.
I hope software fixes it .If not they wont figure it out because there could be a flaw in any wire .

Sponsored

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have been able to trip it repeatedly by washing truck .
I have a tight cover w a rubber seal . Bed gets little water ever . Every time i wash truck generator faults for days . This error persists for more than 5 months .

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
Good to know, Some questions for you.

Are you washing it yourself or using automatic car wash?

If you are washing it yourself, Are you using a pressure washer?

How soon after having the truck washed do you start getting messages?

Also for raining, If it rained overnight or was even still raining when you went to leave in the morning, Will you have a message? Or do you have to drive it first?

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good to know, Some questions for you.

Are you washing it yourself or using automatic car wash?

If you are washing it yourself, Are you using a pressure washer?

How soon after having the truck washed do you start getting messages?

Also for raining, If it rained overnight or was even still raining when you went to leave in the morning, Will you have a message? Or do you have to drive it first?
Car wash of any kind . Water kicked up by wet road also . Immediate message .
Sponsored