Sponsored

IT'S FIXED>>>>>>Pro Power Onboard keep turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I have a 21 Powerboost and had my pro power panel replaced in early 2023 to fix the ground fault issue when it’s wet out. Well sure enough the problem has come back and dealer is now saying that another panel is not covered under warranty. Apparently there is a TSB out where they reprogram the pro power control module? Anyone have any details on this?
When did the warranty start putting limits on how many times an item could be fixed. That seems made up by the dealer.

My MY14 gtruck had the throttle body replaced 2 times.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I think the TSB came out in 2022. I could see the dealership needing to perform the TSB before replacing the panel again, but if it's still happening after the TSB fix, I see no reason they couldn't replace it a second time.

egap69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
They said the repair is only covered under the base warranty which was up after 3 years.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Most parts typically have a warranty period. Are you within that? It really sounds like the dealer is trying to find an excuse not to fix your problem.

One thing I'd look at is the connections behind the panel and make sure they're seated properly and that the o-rings aren't damaged or out of place.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
They said the repair is only covered under the base warranty which was up after 3 years.
So there is no Ford VIP extended warranty.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Most parts typically have a warranty period. Are you within that? It really sounds like the dealer is trying to find an excuse not to fix your problem.

One thing I'd look at is the connections behind the panel and make sure they're seated properly and that the o-rings aren't damaged or out of place.
Wonder what the warranty period is for a replacement 7.2 Kw panel?
Sponsored