Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
"The two Maxx Air fans can provide airflow if needed. "

JMO but I wouldn't leave the fans open while under way. Gonna stress the mechanisms pretty hard doing that.

"I hadn't considered providing full 30A service to the trailer while towing it somewhere."

Yeah, I haven't caught onto to the why of this either. Especially if you had the chance to assure the batts were charged up first and the fridges were cooled down, before leaving.
If you have a MaxxAir vent/fan cover you can leave the vent open with no problems.
Sponsored

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
If you have a MaxxAir vent/fan cover you can leave the vent open with no problems.
Yes.

My mind immediately went to the Maxxair Deluxe, which has a built in all weather cover. I would not drive with that open.

The standard fan, with the add on cover, could be left open while underway. I'd think it could let in a lot of road dust though.

I always closed the one in my Class B.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
"The two Maxx Air fans can provide airflow if needed. "

JMO but I wouldn't leave the fans open while under way. Gonna stress the mechanisms pretty hard doing that.

"I hadn't considered providing full 30A service to the trailer while towing it somewhere."

Yeah, I haven't caught onto to the why of this either. Especially if you had the chance to assure the batts were charged up first and the fridges were cooled down, before leaving.
I'm new to this but I think they make rain/wind covers that mitigate that stress and help with the automatic rain sensing closure feature of the fans.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-and-Fans/MAXXAIR/MA00-955003.html

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Get yourself a dogbone splitter adapter (from Amazon) that will go from the PB connector to two separate 120V plugs and you will have 30A to work with. That will probably be enough to get your table saw running.
Hope that works. Small single phase AC motors like your saw do have in-rush or locked rotor currents. Going to the 30A 120V source will help for sure.
Well, the first splitter adapter I got was a one piece that I thought would be the ticket. Compact, 4 110V plugs, 30A, etc. But didn't realize the 30A prongs were clocked just so the body of the splitter hit the spring loaded cover and I couldn't turn it into place.
Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard for travel trailer in weather L14-30P 30A.JPG

Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard for travel trailer in weather L14-30P 30A 2.JPG

So I replaced it with this cabled type which turned out to be the ticket! Probably better this way to keep any tension off the connector anyway. $32.45 ordered from Home Depot, shipped to my door for free.
Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard for travel trailer in weather IMG_0173.JPEG
Sponsored

Last edited: