First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry, Highlander, Tundra, Awaiting F150
Occupation
Electronic Technician
Just adding details for my experience: I could have sworn none of the breakers were tripped when I drove home with this issue and the dealer salesman and lead technician also went over all the fuse buttons and pushed them even though they weren't visibly tripped. Tech also tried hooking up to the OBD II to look for codes. Nothing showed up. One morning I re-checked the cabin breaker and it was very visibly popped out. Pushed it back in and the error messages stopped.

I wonder if one of your breakers is tripped but somehow the reset button isn't functioning properly.
Yeah, I can't say that any of mine ever felt tripped. Should be fairly simple to check If one is perhaps tripped but with a faulty reset. I'll test voltage at the plugs at lunch and report back.
Sponsored

asubpargamer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry, Highlander, Tundra, Awaiting F150
Occupation
Electronic Technician
Plugs are all hot, so breakers are not tripped at all.

mjvolks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
Plugs are all hot, so breakers are not tripped at all.
FINALLY got my message to go away... well for one start-up that is so we'll see if the luck continues. I didn't finagle with anymore breakers or anything so they must not have been tripped (as expected)- the truck wasn't on - Randomly I was playing on my phone I went into my Ford Pass App -> Vehicle -> Pro Power On Board and a message or two came up similar to what I had seen in the truck and the 'message center' in Ford Pass App - slightly different wording that I can't recall but now but led more to the 'center console plug' - anyway, doesn't matter what it said, I messed around in there going in and out of that part of the app and refreshing/clearing any messages and next time I started the truck the message didn't pop up ... 1 for 1, we'll see what the next trip brings...

mjvolks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
Just wanted to update this thread for anyone who stumbles across it... mine came back again and nothing is tripped and no luck the way it went away the first time (for a drive or two)...

February 9, 2021 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: SSM 49562
Components: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

NHTSA ID Number: 10187940
Manufacturer Communication Number: SSM 49562
Summary
Some 2021 F-150 vehicles equipped with a 3.5L Powerboost engine and 7.2kW Pro Power Onboard may exhibit a message on the center stack screen indicating a circuit breaker on the bed panel outlet is tripped. If the bed panel outlet circuit breakers are not tripped, this may be due to a tripped circuit breaker in the instrument panel above the 120v power outlet. If all breakers are in a non-tripped state, verify the wire harness connector to the instrument panel outlet is fully connected. Engineering is aware of the incorrect circuit breaker messaging and will correct this with an over-the-air SYNC software update in late June 2021. In the interim, advise customers that any circuit breaker tripped message could be caused by any of the 2 bed panel or the IP circuit breakers.

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Out of curiosity if you have a breaker tripped are you supposed to get this message on your screen? I randomly had a breaker tripped in the bed(circuit B) but received no message??

Sponsored

AussieSteveGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innov8.ag
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat Crew Cab
My Powerboost generator seems to be in tough shape. Plugged an air compressor into the outlet in the bed, it fired up for 1s, then showed the following on my screen. Flashing light on console outlet. Received FordPass app notification, too.

Resets of all 3 breakers don’t help. Taking to dealer today. If anyone else sees this issue would love to hear.

Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped 64530738-2E9B-4F02-B495-88E2C94E103F

col

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
MJVolks - thank you for posting this. Within one hour of picking up my F150 I got the same circuit breaker A message. After multiple attempts to reset the circuit breaker in the back, the instructions in the bulletin you posted worked perfectly. The front circuit breaker has not tripped since (knock on wood) again.

Thanks. Very helpful!

Just wanted to update this thread for anyone who stumbles across it... mine came back again and nothing is tripped and no luck the way it went away the first time (for a drive or two)...

February 9, 2021 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: SSM 49562
Components: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

NHTSA ID Number: 10187940
Manufacturer Communication Number: SSM 49562
Summary
Some 2021 F-150 vehicles equipped with a 3.5L Powerboost engine and 7.2kW Pro Power Onboard may exhibit a message on the center stack screen indicating a circuit breaker on the bed panel outlet is tripped. If the bed panel outlet circuit breakers are not tripped, this may be due to a tripped circuit breaker in the instrument panel above the 120v power outlet. If all breakers are in a non-tripped state, verify the wire harness connector to the instrument panel outlet is fully connected. Engineering is aware of the incorrect circuit breaker messaging and will correct this with an over-the-air SYNC software update in late June 2021. In the interim, advise customers that any circuit breaker tripped message could be caused by any of the 2 bed panel or the IP circuit breakers.

deegeeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just picked up brand new from dealer. Same error messages about breaker tripped and/or ground default detected. Found this thread. Tried resetting all 3 breakers: 2 in the bed and one on the dash. No dice, and NONE of the 120 outlets work - the 4 in the bed nor the one on the dash nor the one for the back seat. Restarted truck multiple times, turned generator mode on and off. Light was showing on panel in truck bed but no power to any of the outlets. Very annoying for brand new truck. Any suggestions (other than service appointment on day 2)?

Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped AB3ADC2E-D8B1-4063-849F-A35814AF5995

Last edited:

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I'm going with it was tested at some point to make sure the breaker works and was never reset.
I just got my 2021 F150. I have the 7.2 Kw. I am getting the same messages you guys were getting. I got the truck yesterday. I will try the breaker on the dash and see what happens. Thanks for the great info!!! I was really bummed about this.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I'm getting the same message. I saw the message when I picked up the truck on 7/26. I'll try the breaker above the 120v in the cabin.

Assuming Ford actually sent out an over-the-air update for this issue back in June, I really must have a circuit that tripped. Ford should make sure the error is updated to indicate the correct breaker that needs to be reset.

Sponsored

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I'm getting the same message. I saw the message when I picked up the truck on 7/26. I'll try the breaker above the 120v in the cabin.

Assuming Ford actually sent out an over-the-air update for this issue back in June, I really must have a circuit that tripped. Ford should make sure the error is updated to indicate the correct breaker that needs to be reset.
I reset the breaker in the cabildo. I never got the message again. Let me know if it works.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
The reset of the cabin breaker worked for me. It was definitely noticeable that the breaker needed to be reset. Man I'm glad I've found this forum.

JPK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost 7.2kw
This forum is great ! I just picked up my F150 with the 7.2k Propower yesterday (Saturday) and the same breaker message kept coming up. Resetting the rear breaker had no effect. I have reset the dash breaker and so far no error so I assume it is resolved. This has definitely saved me a lot of time and I hope I can repay the the favor as I expect a few more glitches with this new model . Thanks !

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
I had a similar problem with the “Breaker A Tripped In Bed” warning on every ignition start up. No breakers were tripped. All the bed plugs had power. Neither cabin 120 volt plugs had power. The TSB at the beginning of this thread said to check the harness connection at the dash outlet. The connection was ok. But the other end of the harness located in the engine compartment by the master cylinder, Connector C3412 on Harness #14405 had never been plugged into the main harness. The harness plug protective end cap wasn’t even removed from the harness. Purely an assembly line error. I think assembly line quality control should have seen the error message and corrected the problem. Barring that, I think dealer PDI should have caught this before I picked up the truck. The dealer service manager wanted to kick the truck back to Ford. The dealer tech wanted to fix the truck. Thank goodness for this forum because the dealer technician was lost until I showed him the TSB listed at the beginning of this thread. Even though it didn’t precisely describe my truck’s problem, it was close enough that the dealer tech knew where to pin out the harness and locate the actual problem. Kudos to this forum, and the dealer tech. Not so much for the dealer PDI team, the dealer service manager and the factory QC team. But I love the truck.

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
This forum is great ! I just picked up my F150 with the 7.2k Propower yesterday (Saturday) and the same breaker message kept coming up. Resetting the rear breaker had no effect. I have reset the dash breaker and so far no error so I assume it is resolved. This has definitely saved me a lot of time and I hope I can repay the the favor as I expect a few more glitches with this new model . Thanks !
I think that breaker message is coming up for everyone. If the message would say the correct breaker to reset it would be cool. But the cabin breaker needs to be reset for many people after picking up their new trucks. These trucks are great. Great gas mileage. My first month I only got gas twice.
Sponsored