• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro Power Onboard, and option pricing

shikataganai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
100 series Land Cruiser, Pacifica Hybrid
Some musing:

Ford's own Pro Power Onboard infographic on their press site states that the 9.6 kW Pro Power Onboard option is "available with the extended range battery". Yet this can't be the case that it's only available with the extended range battery given the official specs sheet: witness that the Lariat has the standard range battery standard… yet also comes standard with 9.6 kW Pro Power Onboard.

Either way this wouldn't be a deal killer for me with a standard range pack Pro: 9.6 kW Intelligent Backup Power is much more important to me than a 240V outlet in the bed.

This prompted me to wonder about how much the various Pro option packages would cost. Here's how much they add to an XL SuperCrew PowerBoost F-150:

360 degree camera: $765

Tow Technology Package: $880 but includes that 360 degree camera for the gasser at least

Max Trailer Tow Package: $1,880 for the PowerBoost but only the 6.5' bed SuperCrew. Not available on the 5.5' bed like the Lightnings. So who knows what this'll actually turn out to be. I certainly won't buy it if it's this expensive for little more than going from 5,000 lb towing to 7,700 lb, given the same payload for each.

7.2 kW Pro Power Onboard (2.4 kW standard as on the electrics): $750
This bodes well for reasonably priced option packages on the Lightning, especially if the Tow Technology Package again includes the 360 degree camera.
Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Yet this can't be the case that it's only available with the extended range battery given the official specs sheet: witness that the Lariat has the standard range battery standard… yet also comes standard with 9.6 kW Pro Power Onboard.
Good point.

Also, the Pro comes standard with the Standard Range battery and the Extended Range battery is listed as "Optional (Fleet Only)." Whereas the 9.6 kW Pro Power Onboard is listed as "Optional", but it doesn't say "Fleet only" like the ER battery does.

I wouldn't say that's definitive, but it's more indication that it should be available with the 9.6kW Onboard power.

Honestly, I kind of expected them to make that option Fleet-only to push people to buy the XLT, but we'll see.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
I do not see that they state 9.6kW is only available with the Extended Battery. They only mention the 9.6 once it seems in that Press Site, and they only mention the extended battery because that is the battery that can go through 30 miles of half inch plywood. It's no different than saying the F-150 is capable of achieving 24 MPG city with the PowerBoost. Other engines exist and also have MPG ratings, they just called out the highest city value engine line for the press release.

OP
OP

shikataganai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
100 series Land Cruiser, Pacifica Hybrid
From the infographic.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Power Onboard, and option pricing Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 2.20.42 PM
Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Power Onboard, and option pricing Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 2.20.51 PM

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
From the infographic.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 2.20.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 2.20.51 PM.png
Hmm... that definitely makes it seem like it's only for the ER battery.

BUT, this is specifically about the Lighting Pro. It might be only available on the Pro when you opt for the Fleet-only Extended Range battery, but available with the Standard Range battery on XLT/Lariat.

So, perhaps my speculation above was correct that they'd block this option with the Standard Range Pro in an effort to push people to the far more expensive XLT/Lariat, even though there's no technical reason why it would work on the SR XLT/Lariat and not the SR Pro.
Sponsored