Sponsored

Priority update - Audio 23-PU1024-6CHAUD-Now low volume, poor audio quality, no bass response

Davecp114

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew
I received this audio priority update last night. Now my standard B&O audio system is not nearly as load as it was before. Max volume is more like it was about 3/4 of the way up before the update. Not only that, the audio quality is poor and hardly any base. I did't have any of the problems that this update "fixed" and now my audio system has been downgraded. I called the Ford Customer Relations Center and spoke to a few representatives including one in the OTA group. He checked OASIS for TSBs and special service messages and said this was the first time that he heard of this concern. I have found similar complaints from others after this update here so I though I'd start a thread just for this problem. Maybe is we get some visibility on this @Ford Motor Company will fix it. I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE SOUND QUALITY and I want it back to the way to was! This update mentions "6CHAUD" in the name...my system has 8 channels-one in each rear door, one in each front door, a tweeter in each A-pillar, a subwoofer and a center channel in the center of the dash. Does Ford have the wrong as-build data listed in my VIN and pushed the wrong update to my truck--the one for the base audio system??? The original documentation for the B&O option refers to this as an 8 speaker system including subwoofer. The base system is referred to as a 6 speaker system in the SuperCrew. The second image below is from set sales brochure that I got when I ordered my truck.

@Jesse-Infotainment ... any ideas?

Ford F-150 Priority update - Audio 23-PU1024-6CHAUD-Now low volume, poor audio quality, no bass response IMG_2630.PNG

Ford F-150 Priority update - Audio 23-PU1024-6CHAUD-Now low volume, poor audio quality, no bass response Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 8.17.16 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

deejayarecue

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I received this audio priority update last night. Now my standard B&O audio system is not nearly as load as it was before. Max volume is more like it was about 3/4 of the way up before the update. Not only that, the audio quality is poor and hardly any base. I did't have any of the problems that this update "fixed" and now my audio system has been downgraded. I called the Ford Customer Relations Center and spoke to a few representatives including one in the OTA group. He checked OASIS for TSBs and special service messages and said this was the first time that he heard of this concern. I have found similar complaints from others after this update here so I though I'd start a thread just for this problem. Maybe is we get some visibility on this @Ford Motor Company will fix it. I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE SOUND QUALITY and I want it back to the way to was! This update mentions "6CHAUD" in the name...my system has 8 channels-one in each rear door, one in each front door, a tweeter in each A-pillar, a subwoofer and a center channel in the center of the dash. Does Ford have the wrong as-build data listed in my VIN and pushed the wrong update to my truck--the one for the base audio system??? The original documentation for the B&O option refers to this as an 8 speaker system including subwoofer. The base system is referred to as a 6 speaker system in the SuperCrew. The second image below is from set sales brochure that I got when I ordered my truck.

IMG_2630.PNG

Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 8.17.16 PM.png
Same issue here in my 2021 F150 with the 8 speaker B&O system. Never had any issues before, but it pains me to listen to music now that I've gotten this update.

I'm with you on your hunch too, I think somehow they managed to push the stock 6 channel audio DSP settings to trucks with the B&O systems.

thunderf150

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501a
Occupation
HR

IMG_2630.PNG

I confirm your claims. I have a 23MY Lariat with the 8 speakers system and it already was a disappointment for a branded premium system. However, the recent update has lowered the volume by about 25-30%. I tested it extensively and all the time the sound I would get at 8 points is now equal to 12ish volume point. The sound was never great so I can't say much but yes I feel the same way as some members sometimes it hurts my ear and I just turn it off.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Porsche did the same thing recently because vehicles were blowing out speakers. Instead of fixing the core issue and installing quality speakers, they issued a software update that reduced power output.

Sponsored

Brandtley

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT
I have received this update 3 times as of yesterday over the past 3 weeks. I have not noticed a difference in volume but honestly not really paying attention since Ford offers no insight to what is in these updates. I am part of the early release program and I have stated this on multiple surveys, lets see if they pay any attention to the comments. Really is a shame that they put a so all "high end" audio system in our vehicles and they do not perform like other manufactures and have to spend even more money to add after market components to get any quality out of them.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have received this update 3 times as of yesterday over the past 3 weeks. I have not noticed a difference in volume but honestly not really paying attention since Ford offers no insight to what is in these updates. I am part of the early release program and I have stated this on multiple surveys, lets see if they pay any attention to the comments. Really is a shame that they put a so all "high end" audio system in our vehicles and they do not perform like other manufactures and have to spend even more money to add after market components to get any quality out of them.
"High end" in quotations is accurate. Speakers are crap Motorcraft 25w speakers.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I got this ota several days ago.. I don’t really listen to the radio much so I haven’t had much time to form an option. It is the same version the 23 8 speaker ships with..

It can be rolled back to the older version

EDIT _ The 8 Speaker system DSP only handles 6 channels of audio. SO that is why they designated it that way. THe Tweeters are considered speakers and are powered by the ACM. The Front and rear doors, Center channel and subwoofer make up the 6 channels.

Last edited:

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
Does anyone know if this issue applies to the 8-speaker system only or the others as well?

OP
OP
Davecp114

Davecp114

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got this ota several days ago.. I don’t really listen to the radio much so I haven’t had much time to form an option. It is the same version the 23 8 speaker ships with..

It can be rolled back to the older version
Thanks Jesse. Is it easy to do? You need FDRS I imagine?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks Jesse. Is it easy to do? You need FDRS I imagine?
No I can do it with Forscan. takes a few min. I have to remote in and roll it back

OP
OP
Davecp114

Davecp114

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s great! I’m a former Ford Tech and I’m sure I could figure it out. I just have to get the usb interface and download Forscan. Would it be possible to post the instructions?

This group continues to amaze! Dealers are clueless and I think we as owners have more knowledge about these problems.

Last edited:

BeachTrea33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Logistics

IMG_2630.PNG

THIS!!! THANK YOU for posting this. Got the update last night and it sounds like I’m listening underwater and I cannot stand it. Subwoofer is completely obsolete and volume is at LEAST 30% quieter… what a joke.

Following intently in hopes this gets mitigated ASAP!

- ‘21 F150 w/ 8 channel B&O Sound

OP
OP
Davecp114

Davecp114

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just an update…PLEASE CALL THE @Ford Motor Company Customer relations center (800-392-FORD) and open a case if you’re experiencing this problem after the update. I called yesterday and the representative said they haven’t heard anything about this problem. Ask for someone in the OTA/ technology group and voice your concern. The more of us they hear from, the sooner this gets fixed.

Gord0

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a
I just received this update today. I've got the 8 speaker B&O system. I'll report back tomorrow if it messed with mine or not. I find it funny that the update says "6CH AUD" 6 channel audio?
Sponsored