• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority list and waves 2+

mattb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
It appears that most or all wave 1 orders were priority list spot #1.

I have a first night reservation and am #12 at my dealer. Some notes say that the priority list is "an input" Ford uses to select people for ordering. Here's to hoping that early reservation holders get ahead of some of the priority list people that didn't reserve early!
Sponsored

Last edited:

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
It appears that most or all wave 1 orders were priority list spot #1.

I have a first night reservation and am #12 at my dealer. Some notes say that the priority list is "an input" Ford uses to select people for ordering. Here's to hoping that I'll get ahead of some of the priority list people that didn't reserve!
Everyone on the list reserved one... all ~200,000 of them. For us commoners, and even dealership employees, if you didn't get on the the reservation, then you are not getting one. Granted there are ways to get one especially if you are a VIP, but for the most part thats how it works.

My reservation was created on 2021-05-20 04:08:11Z, pretty much 12:08AM the next day, and I am slot 10, however I was prioritized at my dealership.

OP
OP

mattb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Everyone on the list reserved one... all ~200,000 of them. For us commoners, and even dealership employees, if you didn't get on the the reservation, then you are not getting one. Granted there are ways to get one especially if you are a VIP, but for the most part thats how it works.

My reservation was created on 2021-05-20 04:08:11Z, pretty much 12:08AM the next day, and I am slot 10, however I was prioritized at my dealership.
fair point. i edited my post to say "didn't reserve early".

GIFORD

First Name
GI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT - V8 F150
Occupation
Business Executive
Im #10 priority and as mentioned only #1 has ordered so far - my dealer has 25 allocated so I should be able to get a order by next month - time will tell…

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Im #10 priority and as mentioned only #1 has ordered so far - my dealer has 25 allocated so I should be able to get a order by next month - time will tell…
Priority doesn’t dictate allocation. No one really knows how many they will get.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I think it's more likely that the dealer had 25 prioritization slots because they had more than 100 reservations (see this post). This does not mean they will get 24 trucks in MY22.

Any dealer that says they have 5, 10, or 25 allocated is probably confusing the prioritizations with allocations.

Last edited:

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I really wish I knew if I was going to get a MY22 at this point and move on with my life. I mean we all can do basic math, and figure out how many dealers can get, but no one knows allocations nor do we know how many they can produce in the 22MY since it’s a secret as per Palmer. He did state that starting 2023, they will produce 80,000 per year.

Another thing is the tax credit. With the Mack-E in production, it will only be a matter of time before it gets lowered or taken away.

Last edited:

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
It will be interesting to see if Ford shifts more allocations to dealerships that are not attempting to screw their customers with markups. If you're at a reasonable spot in line at a good dealership, you should stand a better chance of getting a MY22.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
It will be interesting to see if Ford shifts more allocations to dealerships that are not attempting to screw their customers with markups. If you're at a reasonable spot in line at a good dealership, you should stand a better chance of getting a MY22.
Reasonable spot… what would that be? Lol…

BoringBoredGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM
I reserved at a large volume dealer a little less than 48 hours after reservations went live. I am number 140 out of 500ish, but the dealer says they added me to their priority list. They had 20 slots available. I wish there was more information on how this factors into wave selection or if I'm looking at MY2023.

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
It would be interesting to see, but we won’t lol. We don’t even know if any dealer actually got more than one first wave like some have claimed.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
It's interesting, because I to order first day in wave 1, my dealer said he priortiEs me to top of his list, but when I signed my paperwork I'm showing priority code 19. For all of you that ordered and said u were prioritized, what is ur invoice priority code showing as?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Even if you get an invite to order for my 22, there's no guarantee that you actually get a my22 truck. Look at the bronco. Lots of people got pushed. Hopefully since Ford is using this new process they will be able to fulfill all of the 22 orders, but it's possible they'll run into supply issues or other currently unknown problems that could push back specific options. That's why there's all the fine print that says placing an order doesn't guarantee delivery.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
It's interesting, because I to order first day in wave 1, my dealer said he priortiEs me to top of his list, but when I signed my paperwork I'm showing priority code 19. For all of you that ordered and said u were prioritized, what is ur invoice priority code showing as?
That's a good question - I am pretty sure it only affects the priority of your order within your own dealer and doesn't put you ahead of other dealer's orders. Their statement for you would be true as long as they don't give anyone with a lightning order a lower number than you.

Last edited:

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Priority code 19 has nothing to do with where you are on the list. It's an internal priority code.
Sponsored