• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pricing of cars/trucks going to collapse?

dmsween

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 302a 2.7. 22 302a powerboost on order
1642806847403.png

*doesn't include incentives of $2.5K PCO and $1K custom order public incentive. that's $12K off the truck before taxes and fees and stuff.

and no it's not on the lot - its an order - but I never said it was on the lot you put those words in my mouth.
That is a awesome deal at 5% under invoice with the pco and other incentives. That's probably under az plan pricing.

I got x plan plus 2500 pco from my local dealer plus all incentives. I beat az by a couple hundred.
Sponsored

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
I have no idea the algorithm they are using. I haven't looked at a truck in searching or dealerships since I bought my 2021 in last March. Last week, a $3k PCO showed up in my mailbox. Really odd. Ten months ago, that would have been useful.
I've got to sit on my hands and wait while some major life stuff happens before I can buy the truck. I have to say though, if a $3k PCO showed up in MY mailbox, I would use it. No question.

hellb0y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat / Kona Electric
Demand for EV trucks *will* go down only because right now there is essentially zero supply and demand is sky high but demand for EV trucks will outstrip supply for a long time to come. I would say *at least* 5 years. It will probably be 2025-2026 before you can even get one without a reservation.
Exactly! I think what most people haven’t realized yet is that Ford, GM, others are out of the crazy discounts they offered before…if there’s no demand, they will just adjust production - the times of $20k off are gone…

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Care to name any dealers? I’m in the market And willing to travel.
If you've been on the forum a year and haven't found the several that advertise on here all day long - i can't help you.

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 501A Space White 5.0
If you've been on the forum a year and haven't found the several that advertise on here all day long - i can't help you.
I'm aware of the standard names, Koons, Granger, Chapman. Some of those are not over 10k off sticker, although they are very good deals. I appreciate the non helpful response though.

Sponsored

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm aware of the standard names, Koons, Granger, Chapman. Some of those are not over 10k off sticker, although they are very good deals. I appreciate the non helpful response though.
I literally posted my quote sheet from Koons with explanation on how its over 10k off, actually 12k off.

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 501A Space White 5.0
I literally posted my quote sheet from Koons with explanation on how its over 10k off, actually 12k off.
With your PCO correct it is. Many of us out there without a PCO, but hoping for one. I'm at 9k off on a regional dealer quote. They are claiming it includes the 1k custom order incentive, but won't show it all broken out. Ill keep digging. 10k plus any PCO is about amazingly good in this environment.

ParkerM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F550, 2013 Xterra Pro-4X
Can you say stock market correction (or perhaps even crash) to cool demand?

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
It’s confusing. The MSRP is approx $66K And invoice is approx $62K. They are giving him a $3,100 discount from the invoice price and then @dothedew is saying that he will get a $3,500 incentive to make the total $12K off MSRP. My math is roughly $10 - $11K off MSRP give or take in round numbers since I am not using a calculator. Bottom line is that it is a hefty discount and more power to @dothedew if he can get that dealer to do it.

My recommendation would be to execute a signed buyers order for the vehicle in case there is a change in dealer management - especially since Koons recently bought that location.

Finally, if @dothedew has not been to Northern Virginia, I would encourage a trip out here to pick the truck up. There is plenty to see, and Prince William County (where Koons is located) has plenty of history. It is also a good location to stay for visits to DC and other sites in the area.

Best of luck!
While this all sounds awesome, there is still a piece that is missing and that is the valuation of a trade. Provided you are trading in a vehicle, the dealership could still try to screw you by offering a very low trade value. That comes as a double hit if they offer you a terrible trade in value in states that offer tax incentives on the trade in value.

Koons in Baltimore offered me $4k less on my trade in than the dealership that I went with. None of them would guarantee any value at time of order.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
While this all sounds awesome, there is still a piece that is missing and that is the valuation of a trade. Provided you are trading in a vehicle, the dealership could still try to screw you by offering a very low trade value. That comes as a double hit if they offer you a terrible trade in value in states that offer tax incentives on the trade in value.

Koons in Baltimore offered me $4k less on my trade in than the dealership that I went with. None of them would guarantee any value at time of order.
Virginia does not discount its vehicle sales tax on trade value. Virginia taxes the full sales price of the car - including manufacture rebates.

Sponsored

Mike_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, XLT, 302a, 4x4, 3.5L, Antimatter Blue
I’m of the opinion that EV demand is going to outpace supply for several more years at least. The new plants coming online just means that more people will be exposed to them and end up wanting one.

A single drive of a Bolt, of all cars, ruined ICE forever for me. I knew immediately that I would never buy another gas daily driver. That one Bolt converted two diehard car guys in one afternoon. Similarly, my M3P has been directly responsible for several Tesla purchases.

Still, a large portion of the population has never been in an EV but they will get their chance as the adoption accelerates. The more cars are out there the higher the demand is going to be.
Well put. I love everything about the Lightning, but that doesn't help me in February of 2022 when I need a truck. I'm building a truck I love, but I'm placing a cap on my spending with it. I'm considering this will probably be my last internal combustion engine and it's value in the future when I trade it in on an EV is uncertain.

When production has caught up with demand, when they've worked out bugs, there isn't a wait and markups, etc...I'll buy an EV happily and without hesitation. I don't see that happening for years though.

What I think will be interesting is what happens to the value of this gas powered 3.5L I'm building. It could tank because of gas prices, or it could sky rocket because manufactures start putting all their attention towards EV and stop producing the internal combustion engines...decreasing their numbers and increasing their market value.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Well put. I love everything about the Lightning, but that doesn't help me in February of 2022 when I need a truck. I'm building a truck I love, but I'm placing a cap on my spending with it. I'm considering this will probably be my last internal combustion engine and it's value in the future when I trade it in on an EV is uncertain.

When production has caught up with demand, when they've worked out bugs, there isn't a wait and markups, etc...I'll buy an EV happily and without hesitation. I don't see that happening for years though.

What I think will be interesting is what happens to the value of this gas powered 3.5L I'm building. It could tank because of gas prices, or it could sky rocket because manufactures start putting all their attention towards EV and stop producing the internal combustion engines...decreasing their numbers and increasing their market value.
Re your last point: decreased supply will only lead to higher pricing if there’s steady or even increased demand. IOW if nobody wants something it doesn’t matter how scarce it is, price will stay low or drop. Sorry!

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual

Hopefully you’re building a 5.0L Coyote V8 F-150 to retain value later, I think that will be the first ICE killed off. The Ecoboost is great, but it’s missing the V8 soundtrack.

Mike_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Re your last point: decreased supply will only lead to higher pricing if there’s steady or even increased demand. IOW if nobody wants something it doesn’t matter how scarce it is, price will stay low or drop. Sorry!
That's what I'm saying though, what will consumer demand be? Manufacturers arent going to want to keep producing both, production lines may be switched over to electric. So the only way to meet the demand of people who still need/want gas powered vehicles will be the used markets. Or yes, everyone could ditch gas engines and only want EVs, which we know isn't going to happen. They're still building gas stations and people are still buying V8s, that appetite isn't going away immediately. Also, will OPEC get smart, reduce oil prices to slow the migration to EVs? I don't know, it could be interesting. You're probably right though, the thing will be a antique in 5 years, lol

Mike_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully you’re building a 5.0L Coyote V8 F-150 to retain value later, I think that will be the first ICE killed off. The Ecoboost is great, but it’s missing the V8 soundtrack.
I understand what you're saying, thats probably going to happen within the next few years. I guess I'm actually one of the folks contributing to them phasing out the V8s. That's really why I'm not buying a Ram, because the only real options they have are V8's. I'm buying the F-150 for the 3.5L and because Ford has the best technology in their trucks. Ram is a close second, I think GM has just given up, lol.
Sponsored