• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pricing of cars/trucks going to collapse?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
OK, I never said I didn't believe you. In fact I absolutely want you to be telling it like it is.
But that image doesn't tell me who to do business with.
I'm trying to un-chump here good sir. :)
Sponsored

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
1642806847403.png

*doesn't include incentives of $2.5K PCO and $1K custom order public incentive. that's $12K off the truck before taxes and fees and stuff.

and no it's not on the lot - its an order - but I never said it was on the lot you put those words in my mouth.
My apologies, I misunderstood what you meant. Assumed you meant a lot purchase with 10K under MSRP, which i knew to be near impossible in the current market, especially on a hotter commodity powerboost model. Retail order i agree that you can come down to approx. 10K below msrp with either chapman or koons in the best case scenario w/ a PCO.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Just got a private offer in the mail from Jeep today. $1,250 discount on top of current $1,500 incentive. I haven't received a Jeep private offer for some time.

Ford sent me a mailer for $2,000 off a few weeks ago. Have not received one from Ford since 2019.

Things are going to change soon.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My apologies, I misunderstood what you meant. Assumed you meant a lot purchase with 10K under MSRP, which i knew to be near impossible in the current market, especially on a hotter commodity powerboost model. Retail order i agree that you can come down to approx. 10K below msrp with either chapman or koons in the best case scenario w/ a PCO.
What’s PCO?

Sponsored

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
I was at my local dealer and talked with my commercial fleet guy, asked him why they now have hardly any used vehicles. He said they have heard used prices are going to tank soon and they dont want to get stuck paying high prices then losing when they do. This dealer in the good days would have 600-700 new vehicles with over 250 being F150s, now they only had about 20, 3 being F150s. We have several trucks out of service waiting on parts that are backordered, and about 40 trucks that are due for replacement this year but may run them longer.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
1642806847403.png

*doesn't include incentives of $2.5K PCO and $1K custom order public incentive. that's $12K off the truck before taxes and fees and stuff.

and no it's not on the lot - its an order - but I never said it was on the lot you put those words in my mouth.
Help me out with the math. I do not see $12k off. I see a discount of $3,112.61 from MSRP. If you add your $2,500 pco and $1,000 public incentive, that is $6,612.61 off MSRP

Edit: I see my mistake, the discount is off invoice, not MSRP. Great deal dothedew

Last edited:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Help me out with the math. I do not see $12k off. I see a discount of $3,112.61 from MSRP. If you add your $2,500 pco and $1,000 public incentive, that is $6,612.61 off MSRP
It’s confusing. The MSRP is approx $66K And invoice is approx $62K. They are giving him a $3,100 discount from the invoice price and then @dothedew is saying that he will get a $3,500 incentive to make the total $12K off MSRP. My math is roughly $10 - $11K off MSRP give or take in round numbers since I am not using a calculator. Bottom line is that it is a hefty discount and more power to @dothedew if he can get that dealer to do it.

My recommendation would be to execute a signed buyers order for the vehicle in case there is a change in dealer management - especially since Koons recently bought that location.

Finally, if @dothedew has not been to Northern Virginia, I would encourage a trip out here to pick the truck up. There is plenty to see, and Prince William County (where Koons is located) has plenty of history. It is also a good location to stay for visits to DC and other sites in the area.

Best of luck!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

EvEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Ligthning
I bought my f250 @ $1250 under msrp in NOVA but can concur f150's can be had with 5-8k off easily but the 150 isnt enough for my 35' trailer sadly.

Sponsored

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
Well I'm literally at CarMax right now, selling my beloved GTI. I'm ready for that PCO now, Ford.

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
Well I'm literally at CarMax right now, selling my beloved GTI. I'm ready for that PCO now, Ford.
I have no idea the algorithm they are using. I haven't looked at a truck in searching or dealerships since I bought my 2021 in last March. Last week, a $3k PCO showed up in my mailbox. Really odd. Ten months ago, that would have been useful.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I have no idea the algorithm they are using. I haven't looked at a truck in searching or dealerships since I bought my 2021 in last March. Last week, a $3k PCO showed up in my mailbox. Really odd. Ten months ago, that would have been useful.
It does make sense to send them to people with new vehicles though. Sell a new one and get a used car for the hot market we’re in.

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 501A Space White 5.0
I have multiple quotes for a Lariat powerboost over $10K under MSRP sitting in my inbox right now. Anyone paying MSRP is just a chump and the dealers are killing it.
Care to name any dealers? I’m in the market And willing to travel.

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
It does make sense to send them to people with new vehicles though. Sell a new one and get a used car for the hot market we’re in.
I suppose that's true. Better markup on the used, maybe snag someone who somewhat recently bought new and wishes they could tweak a couple things. I could see that.
Sponsored