Price Protection - New Vehicle orders

BroCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Subaru WRX STI, 2019 Explorer Platinum
A hundred bucks? In the grand scheme of a new truck that is nothing. If it is an MSRP deal and unless you want to ditch the deal for an under invoice deal, you should lock it in.
Oh, I did!
Sponsored

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat
The sales team at my dealership made it sound like my x-plan pricing will be price protected. I spoke with the new sales manager because the salesman didn't know for sure. I have the pricing on a/z, d, and x on my order sheet. You'll probably find out the answer before me because I just ordered my truck on the 9th.
I ordered my truck on 3/28 and thought I had my price locked in with X-plan, when I picked it up from the dealership this past Saturday, they informed me that Ford raised the prices after I had ordered it and they no longer would honor the previous x-plan price, but that I was on the hook for current x-plan (increase of about $1,800). I don't know if it was a scam at my dealership, ignorance or what, but the more I think about it, the more p!ssed off I'm getting. Point is, I would prepare for your dealership to not honor prior X-plan and hit you with a raised amount. I'm going to try to find some email addresses/phone numbers with Ford to raise this complaint with. I have my signed order sheet and then the final invoice with increased price. Signed order clearly states the date, no changes made to order after.

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
I ordered my truck on 3/28 and thought I had my price locked in with X-plan, when I picked it up from the dealership this past Saturday, they informed me that Ford raised the prices after I had ordered it and they no longer would honor the previous x-plan price, but that I was on the hook for current x-plan (increase of about $1,800). I don't know if it was a scam at my dealership, ignorance or what, but the more I think about it, the more p!ssed off I'm getting. Point is, I would prepare for your dealership to not honor prior X-plan and hit you with a raised amount. I'm going to try to find some email addresses/phone numbers with Ford to raise this complaint with. I have my signed order sheet and then the final invoice with increased price. Signed order clearly states the date, no changes made to order after.
Your dealer should refund the difference. Ford will eventually be refunding them and they are supposed to pass it on to the customer. I had to fight to prevent being charged the new price today and eventually won.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
As stated above if you ordered the truck and take delivery the dealer will pocket the $1800 in price protection cash.

“AXZD-Plans
If a vehicle was ordered prior to the announcement of a price increase, it may be eligible for Price Protection.
Dealers may mail a reimbursement check to customer or decrease the vehicle’s selling price. If the dealer decreases the price, it must be documented on the AXZD-Plans Pricing Agreement Form. If the customer was reimbursed via check, the dealer must keep a copy of the reimbursement in the deal jacket.”

MtnSeeker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Same happened to us, we got there to pick up our truck and all of a sudden they couldn't apply the $3500 PCO (which Ford Headquarters said was valid until Jan 2023) and the "savings" line went down. They had sent us over the final price end of June because we were expecting the truck to arrive that week, then it got delayed until now. Today price was suddenly $4000 more than what they had given us in June. The X plan pricing discount is suddenly lower? So we walked away, for now. Need to get in touch with Ford to see why all of a sudden the PCO isn't working, and why they are fudging the X plan numbers. Did you get anywhere? Do you have contact info?

Sponsored

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat
Same happened to us, we got there to pick up our truck and all of a sudden they couldn't apply the $3500 PCO (which Ford Headquarters said was valid until Jan 2023) and the "savings" line went down. They had sent us over the final price end of June because we were expecting the truck to arrive that week, then it got delayed until now. Today price was suddenly $4000 more than what they had given us in June. The X plan pricing discount is suddenly lower? So we walked away, for now. Need to get in touch with Ford to see why all of a sudden the PCO isn't working, and why they are fudging the X plan numbers. Did you get anywhere? Do you have contact info?
I haa
Customer relationship center 800-392-3673, x plan 800-348-7709, ford marketing 800-334-4375. Those are the numbers I called, CRC is who picked it up with a case number. I'm waiting to hear back from them again, had last conversation with them on Friday, they said they were investigating and had the information from me that was requested. I'm going to give them a little more time, then next step for me is BBB, FTC and I have begun digging online for executive email addresses. They are getting a note from me as well

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat
I haa

Customer relationship center 800-392-3673, x plan 800-348-7709, ford marketing 800-334-4375. Those are the numbers I called, CRC is who picked it up with a case number. I'm waiting to hear back from them again, had last conversation with them on Friday, they said they were investigating and had the information from me that was requested. I'm going to give them a little more time, then next step for me is BBB, FTC and I have begun digging online for executive email addresses. They are getting a note from me as well
One thing in your favor is it looks like you have a heads up with this, I was blindsided by it at the dealership. After they had me fill out two google type reviews in front of them with 5 stars, before they would bring out they paperwork. I thought it was just childish, ridiculous antics, but now I'm seeing how shady they are and am getting more pissed by the day.

• Angry
Reactions: 869

slakin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-250, 2022 F-250 on order, 2020 Explorer ST
Occupation
USAF Officer
After getting my Vin I started reading up on forums to find out how long it takes to produce. Now I'm a bit worried after hearing about all these issues.

I ordered a F-250 Lariat Tremor completely loaded out and received a DORA dated 14 Feb 2022. I received the DORA and noticed it didn't have rear heated seats listed so I made that one change a few days later and stated I clearly stated I only wanted that change unless it did not add any time to my order (aka change the order date) which they assured me would not. I'm under the impression this minor change (not to powertrain or trim), doesn't matter and my order date is still 14 Feb 2022, which I now know was one day prior to a price increase of $1000.00 on 15 Feb. I also told them I was working on getting an XPlan pin# at the time which I have now.

1) Despite the minor change, does my DORA order date remain the same?

2) am I price protected as of 14 Feb 2022, meaning no price adjustments after that date will affect the price of my F-250?

3) I put 500 down to order the truck in my name and the DORA was obviously put in my name. However it only listed the MSRP and INVOICE prices at that time. There was no Plan prices listed or incentives listed. I was told the xPlan pin needs to be brought in at the time of the sale, so when I pick it up and finalize payment and take ownership. At this time will they look back, via smart Vincent, at the order date of 14 Feb 2022 and determine what xPlan pricing was and give me that pricing with my xPlan code, and also apply all incentive that were available ($1000.00 for custom order and $500.00 Military)?

4) I'm under the impression the xPlan and incentive are added up, is that true?

5) if there were better incentives during the entire 9 Month wait (expecting it in November) am I entitled to take all the incentives offered or just the ones at time of order vs the current ones at time of sale?

6) What I expect is:
1) pricing on the copy of the DORA (w/change of 300.00 for rear heated seats).
2) No additional markups on MSRP/Invoice post the 14 Feb 2022 DORA order date.
3) - xPlan pricing offered at time of the order
4) - incentives at time of order or - incentives currently offered

Are theses reasonable expectations?

I don't have any reason to not trust my salesman he seems like a really good dude, but I want to ensure I'm getting what I expect when I walk in and not play a bunch of games that take all day.

I like Ford, all the vehicles I own are Fords, however if this becomes some shadiness and I feel they're tying to get me to not buy so they can make more selling to another customer, I'll never buy from Ford again and fill out a lot of complaints with the dealership to Ford and explain exactly what transpired.

Sorry it's a long winded post. I just need some info if anyone can please provided it. Help is appreciated.

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat
After getting my Vin I started reading up on forums to find out how long it takes to produce. Now I'm a bit worried after hearing about all these issues.

I ordered a F-250 Lariat Tremor completely loaded out and received a DORA dated 14 Feb 2022. I received the DORA and noticed it didn't have rear heated seats listed so I made that one change a few days later and stated I clearly stated I only wanted that change unless it did not add any time to my order (aka change the order date) which they assured me would not. I'm under the impression this minor change (not to powertrain or trim), doesn't matter and my order date is still 14 Feb 2022, which I now know was one day prior to a price increase of $1000.00 on 15 Feb. I also told them I was working on getting an XPlan pin# at the time which I have now.

1) Despite the minor change, does my DORA order date remain the same?

2) am I price protected as of 14 Feb 2022, meaning no price adjustments after that date will affect the price of my F-250?

3) I put 500 down to order the truck in my name and the DORA was obviously put in my name. However it only listed the MSRP and INVOICE prices at that time. There was no Plan prices listed or incentives listed. I was told the xPlan pin needs to be brought in at the time of the sale, so when I pick it up and finalize payment and take ownership. At this time will they look back, via smart Vincent, at the order date of 14 Feb 2022 and determine what xPlan pricing was and give me that pricing with my xPlan code, and also apply all incentive that were available ($1000.00 for custom order and $500.00 Military)?

4) I'm under the impression the xPlan and incentive are added up, is that true?

5) if there were better incentives during the entire 9 Month wait (expecting it in November) am I entitled to take all the incentives offered or just the ones at time of order vs the current ones at time of sale?

6) What I expect is:

I don't have any reason to not trust my salesman he seems like a really good dude, but I want to ensure I'm getting what I expect when I walk in and not play a bunch of games that take all day.

I like Ford, all the vehicles I own are Fords, however if this becomes some shadiness and I feel they're tying to get me to not buy so they can make more selling to another customer, I'll never buy from Ford again and fill out a lot of complaints with the dealership to Ford and explain exactly what transpired.

Sorry it's a long winded post. I just need some info if anyone can please provided it. Help is appreciated.
Typing on my phone, so bear with me, but from my understanding:
1) No, since you made a change to the order, you would be issued a new Dora (that is understandable, since it is an order summary, any changes made would warrant a new build sheet)
2) probably not since you made the adjustment to order after price increase
3) I was told I needed x plan pin at time of order to lock in the price, you may get stuck with current xplan pricing. If they were giving you the xplan you should have seen it on the invoices you signed.
4) Not sure what you mean by added up. You have the X plan discount and then whatever additional incentives that are offered.
5) you would be entitled to whichever incentives are better for you. If at the time of order they were $2k, but in November upon delivery they are $3k, you'd get the better $3k incentive, or vice versa.
Summary: good news is you're good on the incentives, bad news is those heated seats probably cost you $2k vs the $300 since you changed the order after price increase. Regarding the X plan, I'd go back in with your pin and talk to the salesman immediately and see what he tells you. It'd be awesome if he can still get you that retro price, but not sure how he could, again, you should have seen that on your initial invoices. That doesn't seem right

slakin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USAF Officer
Typing on my phone, so bear with me, but from my understanding:
1) No, since you made a change to the order, you would be issued a new Dora (that is understandable, since it is an order summary, any changes made would warrant a new build sheet)
2) probably not since you made the adjustment to order after price increase
3) I was told I needed x plan pin at time of order to lock in the price, you may get stuck with current xplan pricing. If they were giving you the xplan you should have seen it on the invoices you signed.
4) Not sure what you mean by added up. You have the X plan discount and then whatever additional incentives that are offered.
5) you would be entitled to whichever incentives are better for you. If at the time of order they were $2k, but in November upon delivery they are $3k, you'd get the better $3k incentive, or vice versa.
Summary: good news is you're good on the incentives, bad news is those heated seats probably cost you $2k vs the $300 since you changed the order after price increase. Regarding the X plan, I'd go back in with your pin and talk to the salesman immediately and see what he tells you. It'd be awesome if he can still get you that retro price, but not sure how he could, again, you should have seen that on your initial invoices. That doesn't seem right
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to ask the dealer about xplan stuff. One more question, earlier in the thread people stated adding a small change to the order like heated seats (or whatever) doesn't change your order date on the DORA. They said only of it was a change for Trim level like XLT to Lariat or if it was a powertrain change like V-8 to a Diesel or something.

So you're saying any change no matter how minor resets your DORA order date, which will add any price adjustments up to that point?

Sponsored

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to ask the dealer about xplan stuff. One more question, earlier in the thread people stated adding a small change to the order like heated seats (or whatever) doesn't change your order date on the DORA. They said only of it was a change for Trim level like XLT to Lariat or if it was a powertrain change like V-8 to a Diesel or something.

So you're saying any change no matter how minor resets your DORA order date, which will add any price adjustments up to that point?
I could be totally wrong on that. I thought that was the case, was also told that by my salesman when I was going to add power running boards after the order. But I have no affiliation with Ford or the dealership so maybe I (and salesman) are wrong on that. (Wouldn't be the only thing I was misinformed on regarding my purchase, still straightening that out)

slakin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USAF Officer
I could be totally wrong on that. I thought that was the case, was also told that by my salesman when I was going to add power running boards after the order. But I have no affiliation with Ford or the dealership so maybe I (and salesman) are wrong on that. (Wouldn't be the only thing I was misinformed on regarding my purchase, still straightening that out)
You should ask your salesman to verify, other people who appear to work for ford have stated the only thing that resets your DORA date are changes to powertrain or trim. As I understand it a DORA reset puts you back to the end of the line for production and I specifically said do not add that if it changed my date. Maybe you can still get your add in if it's not too late.

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat
You should ask your salesman to verify, other people who appear to work for ford have stated the only thing that resets your DORA date are changes to powertrain or trim. As I understand it a DORA reset puts you back to the end of the line for production and I specifically said do not add that if it changed my date. Maybe you can still get your add in if it's not too late.
I picked up my truck a few weeks ago, so way too late :) but I'm actually glad how it turned out, I like the fixed running boards better than the power the more I look at them. Has more of a rugged, stout look to it IMO.

slakin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USAF Officer
I picked up my truck a few weeks ago, so way too late :) but I'm actually glad how it turned out, I like the fixed running boards better than the power the more I look at them. Has more of a rugged, stout look to it IMO.
Ya two trucks ago I had powered running boards and I didn't like them. I specifically got it without this time. I wanted it to be a truck.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP

No adding the heated seats shouldn‘t reset the price level of your ordered truck.

Ford commodity issues have had dealers deleting and adding options on many orders. The option changes did not reset the price level on those trucks.

That said Price Protection is automatic if the dealer delivers the truck to the customer who ordered it. The challenge is the dealer isn’t required to pass that along to you. Most do but it seems with X-Plan there have been challenges.

With X-Plan some dealers want to wait until they receive the cash from Ford before they send the price protection amount via check to the customer.

Good Luck
Sponsored