First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Would this include trucks ordered but not delivered like those of us who ordered in September?
As long as your order was picked up and scheduled, no.
Sponsored

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
Hmm this make sense...

Last week production delays due to the Rear diff on the Max Package....

This week Ford had to spend some $MONEY$ to keep up with demand and production and passed it right back onto the customer....

Pretty sad grant it technology got better but same truck 1 year later has massive price increase.

Now I'm really on the fence of just taking a leftover 2020 Platinum on the lot for a better deal then my 2021 XLT will cost....

Least there was a Formal announcement on this price increase, I never heard nothing on the Retractable Tonneau Cover option I have on my order.

keithw1975

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 302A, 2023 Explorer ST, 1999 Ram 3500
I ordered mine back in August and signed the order, but still haven't gotten a VIN or build date. Hope I don't have to pay this.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Can someone explain “received by Ford”? I have an order in, but it has not been picked up by the plant yet...

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Can someone explain “received by Ford”? I have an order in, but it has not been picked up by the plant yet...
Means they have accepted your order but not scheduled yet.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Means they have accepted your order but not scheduled yet.
Wow, so I’m going to be subject to the price increase?

I order a truck, they can’t supply enough parts to build it, so it keeps getting pushed further and further back. Then they implement a “price increase” for one of my options, and apparently expect me to pay? I don’t see where that’s my problem...

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bob,
Below is my order. Supposedly scheduled for Week for Feb 1. When my window sticker prints will it reflect the price increase?

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/pages/tracker/?VIN=1FTFW1E8XMFA81296
Beautiful truck!

Since you have a VIN, it means they took your order so you should be fine. They won't charge you more, unless you make a change to it, then they can add any increases. So don't make any changes. That is the way it was in the past anyway. Lol

Your dealer can confirm it.

Kyle
I'm not sure on yours since you don't have a VIN yet. You may have to check with your dealer on that.

rucus0101

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Mustang
Beautiful truck!

Since you have a VIN, it means they took your order so you should be fine. They won't charge you more, unless you make a change to it, then they can add any increases. So don't make any changes. That is the way it was in the past anyway. Lol

Your dealer can confirm it.

Kyle
I'm not sure on yours since you don't have a VIN yet. You may have to check with your dealer on that.
Its a 701a so I think it only gets a small increase anyway. I don't plan on making any changes I have it set like I want. Just haven't seen the window sticker yet so I am unsure.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Its a 701a so I think it only gets a small increase anyway. I don't plan on making any changes I have it set like I want. Just haven't seen the window sticker yet so I am unsure.
Window sticker won't be available till about a week before production.

Sponsored

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Just came from my dealer to verify i will not be effected by the price increase on Max Trailer Tow Pkg. I have a retail order with a VIN, supposedly I am ok. She stated that if my truck was a Stock Order that is not yet invoiced, then the price increase would hit me. Please verify with your dealer. You may get hit by price increase on Stock ordered trucks if has not been delivered.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Just came from my dealer to verify i will not be effected by the price increase on Max Trailer Tow Pkg. I have a retail order with a VIN, supposedly I am ok. She stated that if my truck was a Stock Order that is not yet invoiced, then the price increase would hit me. Please verify with your dealer. You may get hit by price increase on Stock ordered trucks if has not been delivered.
A stock order gets invoiced to the dealer long before it arrives. I believe it happens when the window sticker is assigned or something like that.

But Reeltime is right about checking with your dealer.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Bah, I am still trying to figure out if there is any difference between the Trailer Tow Package and Technology Tow Package on a Lariat other than the 360 camera package. Looking at a few builds including a Max Tow and getting info is a PITA. Max tow used to be a decent deal IMHO, though as other have said almost a 50% jump.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Bah, I am still trying to figure out if there is any difference between the Trailer Tow Package and Technology Tow Package on a Lariat other than the 360 camera package. Looking at a few builds including a Max Tow and getting info is a PITA. Max tow used to be a decent deal IMHO, though as other have said almost a 50% jump.
@solarity did you see my thread on axle rating stickers? I think MAYBE that could reveal a difference between tow and max tow on the upgraded axle rating. I'd hate for someone to not pick max tow based on it reducing payload when it actually increases axle rating. Hoping we get enough stickers to reverse engineer it

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
That was exactly my first thought when I saw this price increase on max tow specifically, I thought "boy does Ram seem impressive!"
How does a price increase make the RAM seem impressive?

Was it also impressive “before” the Ford price increase?

Just wondering.
Sponsored