First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Edge 2020 explorer
Occupation
retired
Dealer in PA Taking advantage of Covid slowdown to charge over sticker Does Ford ever care about this
Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Bill, I read an article about 2-3 weeks ago where dealerships were doing this to the new mustangs & high end Corba's. Ford Motor Corp (Detorit) told them to stop it. I would report it.

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
A dealer can ask any price they want, they bought the truck from Ford and they get to sell it. Other than boosting the price of something like food or water after a natural disaster, this isn't price gouging, it's free market capitalism. This dealer can ask for whatever price they want, it doesn't mean anyone will pay it and buy the truck. No one is holding a gun to the head of a customer forcing them to pay MSRP plus dealer markup, just get up and walk away.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Bunch of Dodge dealers were doing this on the Demons.
Dodge: “No more Demons for you!”

put a halt to that practice in a hurry

Sponsored

Pierre.Granger

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Priority Ford in Norfolk Virginia are charging $1595 local market adjustment. Gotta love the term. I would never buy a truck there.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Dang - the word will get out for sure.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
If you bought a new 2020 CFTP GT500 last year, you paid in the neighborhood of sticker PLUS $25,000 for the privilege of putting it in your garage. Most base GT500s were sticker plus $10,000. Price you pay to play.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Priority Ford in Norfolk Virginia are charging $1595 local market adjustment. Gotta love the term. I would never buy a truck there.
Dude, you said that before, I'm not seeing it, and they didn't add it anywhere when I ordered my truck through them, in fact I got my truck for invoice minus dealer holdback. Where is the "adjustment" listed?

Sponsored

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX//2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Sales Manager at Torrington Ford
Dealerships were charging over MSRP on the new Mach E. The reason for this is because the MSRP is the same as invoice. Ford pays us 1% of the MSRP as a dealer commission. So there is no mark up at all and ford doesn’t want us discounting it. Ford told dealers to stop it. The only reason they told them to stop it is because Ford thinks they have a gem in this new Mach E so they want dealers to sell as many as they can. Ford doesn’t care about Mark up on the Shelby’s and raptors because they are a limited produced product and there will always be people out there who will want the product so bad that they will pay to have it. In regards to price gouging. Because of all the shortages and plants shutting down it is hard to find inventory. I used to price all my New cars at invoice or $500 below but now everything is $1000-$1500 over invoice because supply and demand is working in the dealerships favor right now. However charging over MSRP on a new F150 is ridiculous, it’s not that scarce... yet. But even with the shutdowns and shortages I don’t think the F150 inventory will ever be depleted but who knows. I thought things would be back to normal by now , but obviously I was wrong, its worse!

Pierre.Granger

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Dude, you said that before, I'm not seeing it, and they didn't add it anywhere when I ordered my truck through them, in fact I got my truck for invoice minus dealer holdback. Where is the "adjustment" listed?
I saw it at the dealership on the window. Asked a salesman about it. He confirmed it. Not listed on their website or online. It was a sticker on the windshield. . Not looking for debate. It was there. Just got a Limited from Cavalier no mark up. I bet once they saw the two other local Ford dealers were not doing mark-ups they knocked it off.

Last edited:

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I live in Las Vegas and although I have not been on a dealer lot in many years it is not unusual for about 70% of new car dealers here of any manufacturer, to have an addendum sticker with the 1st line typically listing a Market Price Adjustment. 2nd, 3rd line and so on will list things Desert Protection Package, Tire Prep Package, etc. Never ever pay for any of this stuff!

Find out Invoice price and work down, not up, from there and especially NEVER pay more than invoice for a factory ordered vehicle and they won't have the tricky addendum sticker. If you can't find a dealer to sell you an F150 or any other vehicle at the price you want, move on, someone will.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
2 platinum powerboosts marked up $5995 locally.
Sponsored