First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Left weds morning, stopped over in mobile al, next day to port st lucie fl, next morning to melbourne fl, to pick up grandaughter, grand dog and cat then ran back up to mobile, slept, then to home
just a bit over 2400 miles ..I am tired
mpg was very good after about an hr on the highway at 70, then 75 i was very happy seeing 20 plus mpg . the 700 dte was a cool thing at the last fillup
i used trip #2 as my reset and mpg checker.
ran in eco for a few hundred, then back to normal and sport once because i got bored.
pictures tell the tale. eco at 70 plus did pretty good for mpg, but truck was slow to react on throttle , unless i let the cruise do it as I passed in right lane
i love the adaptive cruise in the crazy florida traffic. 30 or so miles of 3 to 25 mph due to crazy people wrecking
the multi contour seats massage got a work out, all the days were 9 to 11 hrs of seat time.
i did have a weird thing when HAL or alexa felt i was not listening to them tellign me to take a particular exit.
my gps told me to turn and i ignored it, so the next thing that popped up on the screen was HOSPITAL in so many miles 🤗 :eek:

yes thats the go go's playing on pandora, joan jett channel plays them often ???

Ford F-150 pretty fast trip to south florida and back fl trip  (7)

Ford F-150 pretty fast trip to south florida and back fl trip  (3)

Ford F-150 pretty fast trip to south florida and back fl trip  (5)

Ford F-150 pretty fast trip to south florida and back fl trip  (1)

Ford F-150 pretty fast trip to south florida and back fl trip  (2)

Ford F-150 pretty fast trip to south florida and back fl trip  (6)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Great story! 700 DTE love it, I've seen mine go as high as 835 after a roadside fillup. These trucks are definitely made for long haul fast trips! I actually look forward to taking a trip like that.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
the best thing for my old butt was the comfortable seats. the multi contour seats were outstanding
my former 21 250 had regular seats and i did 1/2 of that run last year. seats were really good
but the ability to get blood flowing with the air bags made the long days easy on the body
the lane centering really had to work hard on some of the highways due to weird lane markings
sometimes it would hug the right edge of the right lane, then a few miles later it would be back center.. one road had a center line laid out that looked like a large S weaving back and forth for miles

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation

Sponsored

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
I drive round-trip from PA to SoFlo several times a year and can confirm that these trucks are made for this! My previous XLT (2018) got significantly better mpg, but the co-pilot assist package makes up for any extra fuel expense ten fold in my opinion. The intelligent cruise and lane assist are a dream; I cruise at 10-15 over limit in eco mode with my '21 and see mpg's very similar to what your photos show.

My '18 used to report 23+ mpg (both trucks 2.7eb)

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
I drive round-trip from PA to SoFlo several times a year and can confirm that these trucks are made for this! My previous XLT (2018) got significantly better mpg, but the co-pilot assist package makes up for any extra fuel expense ten fold in my opinion. The intelligent cruise and lane assist are a dream; I cruise at 10-15 over limit in eco mode with my '21 and see mpg's very similar to what your photos show.

My '18 used to report 23+ mpg (both trucks 2.7eb)
i keep up with traffic in regards to speeds in other states
fl and al like to MOVE on out . 75 to 77 was pretty normal until i got on turnpikes then the traffic was a real pita
the intelligent cruise, and lane centering and comfy seats made the drive really pleasant.
since i got back the truck is holding right at 20 to 20.3 where before i could barely get over 18 on my normal weekly driving

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
i keep up with traffic in regards to speeds in other states
fl and al like to MOVE on out . 75 to 77 was pretty normal until i got on turnpikes then the traffic was a real pita
the intelligent cruise, and lane centering and comfy seats made the drive really pleasant.
since i got back the truck is holding right at 20 to 20.3 where before i could barely get over 18 on my normal weekly driving
The co-pilot features can't really be appreciated until you've experienced them. The benefit I hadn't expected (but appreciate the most) is the peace of mind that comes with the ICC and lane assist. My route can range from 18 to 22 hours, and having those features active on dark highways when fatigue factors in is a benefit that can't be understated!

I do wonder, though how you managed to enjoy the adaptive cruise in Florida... in my experience, if I set a two-car length follow space, it's filled with three or more aggressive drivers within seconds. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
The co-pilot features can't really be appreciated until you've experienced them. The benefit I hadn't expected (but appreciate the most) is the peace of mind that comes with the ICC and lane assist. My route can range from 18 to 22 hours, and having those features active on dark highways when fatigue factors in is a benefit that can't be understated!

I do wonder, though how you managed to enjoy the adaptive cruise in Florida... in my experience, if I set a two-car length follow space, it's filled with three or more aggressive drivers within seconds. :ROFLMAO:
i found out real fast they would squeeze in, so i set it at one bar and that kept a good deal of folks from cutting in.
but after a while i started honking and making nice hand gestures :love: we really need a 15 feet feature.
but going from stop to 18 to 25 then stop was very nice
i was ever watchful but it took some of the stress out.
by time i got to prt st lucie it was dark and i was beat.

bisha

First Name
bisha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
car mechanic
I like the story and especially how the adaptive cruise in the crazy florida traffic.
Sponsored

Last edited: